• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quentin vs Greinke

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf: So Greinke hits Quentin on a 3-2 count with 2 outs in a 2-1 game and Quentin charges the mound.

I know they have a history and Quentin hates to get hit bc he gets hit more than any player in the majors. But IMO he wasn't trying to hit him and bc he charges Greinke has a broken collarbone. I also think Greinke shouldn't of lower his shoulder, bad on his part.

Who was in the wrong?? This was unfortunate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it just sucks for LA losing their ace, for a good amount of time. The situation could of easily been avoided.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the first guy to ever run out of the bullpen and join in the brawl?

I have no idea what led up to this so I can't say who is at fault.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you asking a question? Bc Greinke was on the mound, and he got shoulder charged by Quentin.

Greinke should of ran for the bullpen, he know he is a stick figure compared to Quentin.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you asking a question? Bc Greinke was on the mound, and he got shoulder charged by Quentin.

Greinke should of ran for the bullpen, he know he is a stick figure compared to Quentin.

My first comment was a rhetorical question, like when did it become the norm for guys to leave the bullpen and join in?

2nd comment, I didn't watch the game, I saw the video of him getting hit and charging, but did he do something to deserve that? Was Greinke just being a dick? Was it an accident? I literally have no background on it other than Greinke hit him and he charged, so I can't really say if one guy or the other was at fault.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they showed footage from when Greinke was on KC and Quention on CWS and he hit him two times in the same spot, so they have a little history. Once Quentin got hit, Greinke said something, don't know what, to him.

Greinke said he had no reason to do it and didnt do it on purpose and Quentin talked about past incidents and didn't like it one bit.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game situation says that it was unintentional. I don't have a problem with the game "policing" itself. However, that requires that the players that are doing the policing understand the game. Sometimes you get hit unintentionally, and Quentin should have realized that this was one of those times. Take your base and move on.

Greinke should have kept his mouth shut as well. When Quentin looks angrily out to the mound, don't talk shit and basically challenge him if you don't want him to charge. Could have been handled better on both sides.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first comment was a rhetorical question, like when did it become the norm for guys to leave the bullpen and join in?

2nd comment, I didn't watch the game, I saw the video of him getting hit and charging, but did he do something to deserve that? Was Greinke just being a dick? Was it an accident? I literally have no background on it other than Greinke hit him and he charged, so I can't really say if one guy or the other was at fault.

My understanding is that's the way it has always been. If your team is on the field in a fight you fight with them. Opposing bullpens have fought while running to the pile from the bullpen before.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this on the Dodgers Zack Greinke thread but will again here.

From what I have heard Quentin yelled, "What the fuck" in poor English to which Greinke replied, "Speak English bitch!" lol

I don't really think it was totally intentional either. Apparently Quentin has been known to crowd the plate.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I have heard Quentin yelled, "What the fuck" in poor English to which Greinke replied, "Speak English bitch!" lol

I don't really think it was totally intentional either. Apparently Quentin has been known to crowd the plate.

Was wondering about this, if a guy get hits a lot like Quentin, he is either crowding the plate, or not moving when the ball is inside.

If that is the case, you can't charge the mound in a situation that made it unlikely he was hit intentionally.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he gets plunked so much bc he is known to stick is elbow out he is asking for it.

LOL...didn't know that is what they said!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke should have kept his mouth shut as well. When Quentin looks angrily out to the mound, don't talk shit and basically challenge him if you don't want him to charge. Could have been handled better on both sides.

end of story right there. Don't tell me it's not intentional at this point. That's bullshit. Greinke had done it too many times and if it was unintentional, then understand that the guy is pissed off and let him take his base without begging him to charge the mound. Quentin did what any of us would do and you guys all know it. WTF was he SUPPOSED to do? Send him a bouquet?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
end of story right there. Don't tell me it's not intentional at this point. That's bullshit. Greinke had done it too many times and if it was unintentional, then understand that the guy is pissed off and let him take his base without begging him to charge the mound. Quentin did what any of us would do and you guys all know it. WTF was he SUPPOSED to do? Send him a bouquet?

Box of chocolates would have been nice.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, so Greinke got a little racist. Is that a reason to charge the mound?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 3-2 pitch in a 1-run game.

If Greinke was throwing at him intentionally with that pitch, he is more dumb than I thought.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball in general has an attitude problem

To Zach Grienke: Pull you head out of your a$$, great pitchers dont act like that. I never saw Maddux, Glavine or Smoltz entice a hitter to charge the mound.

To Carlos Quentin: You crowd the plate, I've seen you play. You're going to get hit. Pitchers aren't going to change the way they pitch inside b/c of you! Quite getting butthurt everytime a pitch gets away from the pitcher and beans you. If Grienke wanted to do that, he wouldnt of waited 6 pitches to do it. What's so hard about getting hit and then taking your base.

I get tired of seeing players throw temper tantrums b/c they didnt get the call they wanted. Or even worse, managers! Too many braves fans are proud that Bobby Cox got throw out more than any other coach, which to me is his most shameful statistic.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 3-2 pitch in a 1-run game.

If Greinke was throwing at him intentionally with that pitch, he is more dumb than I thought.

And there were zero outs. And Quentin crowds the plate like nobody's business. I doubt it was intentional. However, Greinke was not smart to mouth off and further enrage the bull. Then he lowers his shoulder at the charging bull. Dumb. Greinke's always been a little weird. And AJ Ellis is the worst catcher/bodyguard ever. He needs to be Kevin Costner to Greinke's Whitney Houston.