• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quentin vs Greinke

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there were zero outs. And Quentin crowds the plate like nobody's business. I doubt it was intentional. However, Greinke was not smart to mouth off and further enrage the bull. Then he lowers his shoulder at the charging bull. Dumb. Greinke's always been a little weird. And AJ Ellis is the worst catcher/bodyguard ever. He needs to be Kevin Costner to Greinke's Whitney Houston.

:laugh3:

Good point though.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a fuck about the pitch count. A guy throws a baseball 95mph at you over and over and over again, you're standing there after he just did it again and the guy, in front of 30k people is standing there begging you to come pay him a visit on the mound? Quentin's in the wrong? :scratch: You Giants guys are FOS!! If this had happened with the Giants best hitter, there's no chance in hell you wouldn't see the obvious and know that Carlos did what we'd ALL do in that situation.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see it that maybe Greinke was a little annoyed by his crowding the plate and got a little careless with his pitch. It's not the first time a pitcher has thrown a little chin music to back a guy up. Nolan Ryan used to call it, "Giving them a bowtie".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a fuck about the pitch count. A guy throws a baseball 95mph at you over and over and over again, you're standing there after he just did it again and the guy, in front of 30k people is standing there begging you to come pay him a visit on the mound? Quentin's in the wrong? :scratch: You Giants guys are FOS!! If this had happened with the Giants best hitter, there's no chance in hell you wouldn't see the obvious and know that Carlos did what we'd ALL do in that situation.

How do you know Zack didn't say something like "it was an accident".

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know Zack didn't say something like "it was an accident".

This is the most macho sport there is besides bullfighting. If he said anything he said "take your base or fuck off." There's no way in hell he apologized but I'm sure you were kidding.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants fans (and just aout everyone else in his thread except he Padre fan) are saying both are idiots but Q is idiot-er. Q needs to know the game situation. It makes ZERO sense for Greinke to be tossing at him there. NONE.

Oh wait. Greinke hit him 4 years ago? Oh, OK, there is history then...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants fans (and just aout everyone else in his thread except he Padre fan) are saying both are idiots but Q is idiot-er. Q needs to know the game situation. It makes ZERO sense for Greinke to be tossing at him there. NONE.

Oh wait. Greinke hit him 4 years ago? Oh, OK, there is history then...

Better check your facts on that last part. I dare any of you to throw the first stone at Quentin for doing what he did. Smart thing to do? Take your base and act like you never felt it. But sometimes it's nearly impossible to do the right thing and in this case, I'm not going to condemn the guy. How many times was he supposed to stand there like a bitch and take it before he's allowed to defend himself? There's a history of bullshit with this one specific pitcher and he'd had enough. Let's see if he ever hits him again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball in general has an attitude problem

To Zach Grienke: Pull you head out of your a$$, great pitchers dont act like that. I never saw Maddux, Glavine or Smoltz entice a hitter to charge the mound.

To Carlos Quentin: You crowd the plate, I've seen you play. You're going to get hit. Pitchers aren't going to change the way they pitch inside b/c of you! Quite getting butthurt everytime a pitch gets away from the pitcher and beans you. If Grienke wanted to do that, he wouldnt of waited 6 pitches to do it. What's so hard about getting hit and then taking your base.

I get tired of seeing players throw temper tantrums b/c they didnt get the call they wanted. Or even worse, managers! Too many braves fans are proud that Bobby Cox got throw out more than any other coach, which to me is his most shameful statistic.

^^^this in a nutshell.

But I will say managers HAVE to still stick up for their players. Now if they have to make a fuss to prove a point to do it, it's fine just have to know the right situation to express these emotions.

If I was LA manager I would be pissed about the situation, but I would also have a talk with Greinke. Say to him you can't be enticing this shit, you are the ace of this club. Just let him know, even though he should.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of 2 hits 4 and 5 years ago, educate us on the history...

If you check the discussion we are having on the giants board about this, we pretty much all agree that the doggies should take worse suspensions, but hat is because if the brawl, not the pitch. I have Kemp at 3 games, Hairston at 5 games and Q at 1 game (only because he needed to be separated from Kemp by the police after the game).

You call giants fans and the org pussies for trying to change rules to protect a defenseless defender, but then take the side of a guy who camps over the plate and gets butthurt for getting plunked occasionally.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw...
Everyone is calling Greinke the "Ace" of the doggie staff. He is their #2 AT BEST. Kershaw is the Ace, and it isn't even that close.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw...
Everyone is calling Greinke the "Ace" of the doggie staff. He is their #2 AT BEST. Kershaw is the Ace, and it isn't even that close.

Yeah, Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball right now. No doubt about it in my mind.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quentin was a little bitch. EOS. He has his right to charge the mound if he wants too as long as baseball continues to endorse this behavior. Greinke's injury is too bad but thats what you get.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, as a teammate I think I'd get more fired up if he just tossed his bat down and trotted down to first base like it was nothing. Basically saying hey thanks for the free base bitch. To me that's more an eff you than starting a fight.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw...

Do they need him to make a run to the playoffs are further???...hell yeah

But yah Kershaw is the ace, but Greinke is basically another ace... he was with Brew crew and Royals.

Fault goes to both though, you could say either of them shouldn't of reacted the way they did.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves current staff>anyones!
:evil:

Wonder if the Pads would have won had he not done that stupid attempt of charging the mound

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves current staff>anyones!
:evil:

Wonder if the Pads would have won had he not done that stupid attempt of charging the mound

The Braves staff is very overlooked and underrated. Probably not the best though. I still like the champs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debateable, but he's in the conversation for sure. Verlander is up there, CC is up there.

And King, Price, Strasburg...

But he is creating someone who will serious discussion in the debate. Even from Giants fans

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves staff is very overlooked and underrated. Probably not the best though. I still like the champs.

While I am not sure we have the best overall rotation anymore, I am very happy to go to battle with the five (four?) we have.

When it come to the playoffs, you only need four, and a lights out BP. Both the Braves and Giants have that...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of 2 hits 4 and 5 years ago, educate us on the history...

If you check the discussion we are having on the giants board about this, we pretty much all agree that the doggies should take worse suspensions, but hat is because if the brawl, not the pitch. I have Kemp at 3 games, Hairston at 5 games and Q at 1 game (only because he needed to be separated from Kemp by the police after the game).

You call giants fans and the org pussies for trying to change rules to protect a defenseless defender, but then take the side of a guy who camps over the plate and gets butthurt for getting plunked occasionally.

Fair, unbiased, objective statement. :bullshit: