• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quanterus Smith?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos | Roster

I was checking official rosters, and I do not see him on it. Has he been released or something?

I was checking because I thought he showed some promise and I was actually somewhat excited to see get more playing time and see him as an OLB replacing Demarcus Ware at some point.

Now with Shane Ray being drafted that pretty much finishes that.

Didn't he look decent to you? Is he on the roster?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He failed his physical last week and was then released.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not on the roster. He was released shortly before the draft.

I am not sure which Smith you were watching but it was not the same as the one I saw. He really did not do much and coaches mentioned he never regained his burst after the torn ACL. I think his roster spot was more important than him or is contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually cap wise hurt us to cut him. His knee never fully healed which is what honestly made pass rusher become a huge priority for this upcoming draft. People that don't follow the Broncos sit and see that we have Ware and Von and wonder why we would trade up for a pass rusher. To me you have to have 3 quality pass rushers to have a good pass rush the entire season. Ware wore done last year so getting somebody who can actually come in maybe 40% of the snaps for him and then another 20% for Von is huge. It also makes him essentially getting starter type snaps on the defense.

I also had high hopes for Quanterus. Just never could get his knee right. I think the Broncos made a mistake by not just redshirting him his rookie year. They had him in training camp hoping he could make it back and he just never quite got right.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is a dissapointment but not a total surprise. The guy was def a talent before he blew his knee and I think he led the nation in sacks before that. Who knows if he dedicated himself to rehab or maybe it was just too F-up to overcome. I know alot of guys have comeback and had great careers afterward but we don`t know the whole scoop with him. I was one that did have high hopes for him as well. Bummer.