• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Fields get traded.

The Bears are a mess and have been for a while. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to gauge how good McCarthy is when they barely throw the ball. Been seeing him as the 5th best QB so its possible he is sitting there when we pick 18-22nd.

Im surprised bo nix doesnt get any love, i know he is on the older side but the guy seems to have the tools.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching bo nix in this game as I like him and think he could be a target for us in the draft.
He has not looked good though with two three and outs

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tired of refs putting their thumb on the scale

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said "moving from the 20s", the highest you can pick if you miss the playoffs is 18th. I dont think we get more than 8 wins, that would put us at 14th going by last years draft.
With the way the NFC looks right now, I would be surprised if there isn't at least 1 8-win wildcard team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the NFC looks right now, I would be surprised if there isn't at least 1 8-win wildcard team.
That might end up being the Rams not the Seahawks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might end up being the Rams not the Seahawks.
Certainly possible, especially with the Rams having the tie-breaker. But for whatever reason, they don't seem to play as well against other teams as they do vs Seattle. They also need to finish a game better than the Hawks from here for the h2h to matter. Remaining schedules look fairly similar.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
officially we are the 9th ranked team in the NFC, so outside looking in and I think its going to stay that way.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
officially we are the 9th ranked team in the NFC, so outside looking in and I think its going to stay that way.

I wouldn't rule you out and I think it'll be close.

Obviously the pretty much locks to make it unless something absolutely crazy happens are the Eagles, Cowboys, 9ers, Lions, and whatever NFC South team.

That pretty much leaves the two WC spots up for grabs.

I expect the Vikings to fall off and I expect the Packers will get one of those spots since their schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way.

So with all that said I think the final spot will come down to the Rams and Seahawks. Unfortunately for the Seahawks the Rams have the tiebreaker and they might have a slightly easier schedule as well. Hard to say if the Rams are catching fire or just have played against teams not playing at a high level. They have the Ravens coming off a bye next so we'll get something of an idea of how the Rams actually stack up.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one who the Hawks are competing with for 1 of the final 2 wc spots is better than 6-6 right now. Only on the outside looking in at the current snapshot in time due to tie-breakers, which is all going to change in the next 5 games. They certainly could fail to make it, but 3-2 down the stretch probably gets them in. And there are for sure 3 winnable games remaining.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one who the Hawks are competing with for 1 of the final 2 wc spots is better than 6-6 right now. Only on the outside looking in at the current snapshot in time due to tie-breakers, which is all going to change in the next 5 games. They certainly could fail to make it, but 3-2 down the stretch probably gets them in. And there are for sure 3 winnable games remaining.

Packers have the most favorable schedule left. Rams and Seahawks have similar remaining schedules. Vikings have a tougher schedule. Bucs and Saints have a decent chance of going 4-1 to finish the season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers have the most favorable schedule left. Rams and Seahawks have similar remaining schedules. Vikings have a tougher schedule. Bucs and Saints have a decent chance of going 4-1 to finish the season.
Could be quite a logjam at the 9 win mark I think. The h2h with Rams could end up knocking us out even if there is a 3 team deal with Minn. According to the tie-breaker rules, when there are 3 teams involved for a wild card you apply a div tie-breaker until only 1 team from each division remains, then you carry on with the rest of the steps. That hurts.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 16th in the draft, we could be top 10 two weeks from now.

Then we will win a few meaningless games and pull away from being able to take a QB

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 16th in the draft, we could be top 10 two weeks from now.

Then we will win a few meaningless games and pull away from being able to take a QB

I will never understand why people would care more about draft position than winning games.

Losing out and keeping Pete is the worst of all worlds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud sure looks really good.
I will never understand why people would care more about draft position than winning games.

Losing out and hiring the next Josh Daniels or Matt Ebertlus or Ron Rivera or Nathaniel Hackett type would be the worst of all worlds and those types are the norm.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thinking about who they will take at QB with a top 10 pick is more exciting than the prospect of getting torn a new asshole in round 1 yet again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud sure looks really good.

Losing out and hiring the next Josh Daniels or Matt Ebertlus or Ron Rivera or Nathaniel Hackett type would be the worst of all worlds and those types are the norm.

How are Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson doing? I realize that everyone REALLY wanted Stroud, in retrospect, but that wasn't what was actually being discussed here and other places. The Houton Texans won 3, 4, and 4 games in their previous 3 seasons. So let's not pretend that one top draft pick is going to net the same a franchise QB.

There is no question that getting a new coach creates a bunch of risks. It is FAR from certain that we will hire a successful head coach. At best, it is a 50/50 proposition. Which is why I usually don't advocate for changes coaches.

But, at some point, we have to accept that it isn't working anymore. Pete's 72 years old. He runs the same defensive system today that he did 10 years ago. Is there ANY evidence that he is willing to innovate on the defensive side of the ball? And best case, how long do you think Pete will keep coaching? If he has 3 years, at most, left in him, and we continue to be a league average team, what then?

I get that some of you think that all we need to do is replace Geno with a really good QB and things will turn around but that ignores the facts on the ground.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thinking about who they will take at QB with a top 10 pick is more exciting than the prospect of getting torn a new asshole in round 1 yet again.

Watching the team lose every week sounds pretty terrible to me as well.