• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Q for Browns (or any) fans

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Yay or nay (yay means you'd make the deal if the Browns)?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Rodger's current contract will keep him in Green Bay for at least the next three seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger's current contract will keep him in Green Bay for at least the next three seasons.
I realize this deal will never happen. I don't think I'd do it even if his deal was not a major hindrance.

Now, if I thought 2019 Baker was the real Baker and could get another 3-4 years as a stud out of AR? Then I'd think long and hard about it. But I don't believe either of those statements to be true.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean no

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't make this trade.
Baker can still be a top 15-20 QB in this league.
Njoku I really like. Is he a product of that inept Brown system? I think his numbers could be better. 4 TDs a year before getting hurt.
+ two firsts? For an aging prima donna no thanks.

Flip side I could see him being the missing link to a strong Browns run for the next couple seasons. But I'm not rolling those dice. Cleveland has done very well with all the early draft picks they've used over the past few years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns would say no to that.

Packers would do it for the 2 first round picks and probably not factor in Baker too much into the equation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I would do this

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 36? You want to give up Baker, Njoku and 2 first round picks? GB would do that deal in a millisecond.

They'd have two young QB's, two first round picks the next two years and they'd save about 25 million they can use to upgrade elsewhere.

Hell -- If Cleveland is looking to bail for a proven QB -- give Detroit a call. Please.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 36? You want to give up Baker, Njoku and 2 first round picks? GB would do that deal in a millisecond.

They'd have two young QB's, two first round picks the next two years and they'd save about 25 million they can use to upgrade elsewhere.

Hell -- If Cleveland is looking to bail for a proven QB -- give Detroit a call. Please.

Yeah no way I would do this. I still believe in Baker, if he even has an average year it depend on what I see out of him. If he keeps his old habits I will be hesitant about his future, if I see progress I think he can be a franchise QB. One year isn't a make or break.

ARodg in one injury away from possibly being done at his age and 36... no thanks. The Browns would be giving up on their #1 pick and basically their future with their young roster giving up 2 1st's.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad idea for both teams.

Why would the Browns want to relinquish two likely mid-to-high 1st round picks and the Packers want to pay Rodgers a ton of money to play somewhere else all the while being in flux at the most important position in sports?

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two. And this whole question is ridiculous.

Why do Browns fans continually delude themselves into which players they think have value? Baker's an overrated bum- a low tier starter-caliber QB at best. I'm not saying the deal needs to be Myles Garrett, Joe Thomas and 2 1st rounders, but a mid-range TE and crap QB plus picks don't equal a HOF QB with 3 good years left.

I don't know if Rodgers has a no-trade clause in his contract, but I seriously doubt he'd like to finish his career in Cleveland.

Reactions: GNG

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange only Packer fans think this would be a bad deal for GB.

Well apparently GnG's wife also thinks it's not a good deal for the Pack.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two. And this whole question is ridiculous.

Why do Browns fans continually delude themselves into which players they think have value? Baker's an overrated bum- a low tier starter-caliber QB at best. I'm not saying the deal needs to be Myles Garrett, Joe Thomas and 2 1st rounders, but a mid-range TE and crap QB plus picks don't equal a HOF QB with 3 good years left.

I don't know if Rodgers has a no-trade clause in his contract, but I seriously doubt he'd like to finish his career in Cleveland.

Rodgers is 36 years old and would handcuff the browns in free agency and hurt their ability to re-sign their own players.

I'd think Baker is still worth a late first rounder at worst and the packers get a few years of cheap qb play and two other first rounders to start the rebuild

I don't see how that's a bad deal for GB.

Not saying Baker ultimately pans out but he's not more a risk than drafting a QB. At least he's shown he can play at the NFL level in spots.

All that said no way I do that deal if I'm Cleveland.

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you on fucking crack?