• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PUP for Ratliff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching is overrated, you still need the top players to compete in this league. Although I believe he brings a better coaching presence, they did absolutely nothing to improve their DL personnel over the off season, and depended too heavily on aging injury-prone headcase in Ratliff, to be that guy that could set the tone up front for this defense.....and it will come back to bite them in the ass. Like I have been saying all off-season long.

You still need penetration up front to stop the run game and to pressure the passer. Trying to out-score opponents is a failed philosophy.

I'm not sure coaching is overrated as much as the value of a good GM is underrated. When Jimmy and Bill were in Dallas, they were great coaches who produced results, but a lot of the credit should go to Jerry for listening to them and going out and getting talent which fit their systems perfectly. I think when Jerry has a coach he doesn't respect or can run over, he doesn't do the same quality job as GM as when he does

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean to tell me there is absolutely no way they could have taken both Travis Frederick and Kawann Short in the draft? Short has been outplaying Star according to most reports so far, and they could have certainly used him over fucking Escobar? Really???

Just a fucking dumb move with Rat's injury history, attitude problems, and age concerns.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your feelings remain hurt from the years of abuse.

Sometimes coaching is over rated....more often than not it isn't, and certainly not with this bunch. I'm willing to watch this all work itself out. I know you're jones-in for Floyd to be somebody in Minny to hammer this board. I remain convinced you've been right about very little over the years AND you know this, which is why you act the part you always do with so many different people. You're an ass hole and the keyboard remains your very best tool.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean to tell me there is absolutely no way they could have taken both Travis Frederick and Kawann Short in the draft? Short has been outplaying Star according to most reports so far, and they could have certainly used him over fucking Escobar? Really???

Just a fucking dumb move with Rat's injury history, attitude problems, and age concerns.

"Coach Ron Rivera said second-round DT Kawann Short is a more explosive pass rusher than No. 14 overall pick Star Lotulelei right now."

I wanted Short in that draft. They could have taken him and then Fredrick in the 2nd round...problem solved. Marinelli would have then had a real young prospect to groom instead of an aging injury riddled nutjob has-been.

Last edited by a moderator:

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your feelings remain hurt from the years of abuse.

Sometimes coaching is over rated....more often than not it isn't, and certainly not with this bunch. I'm willing to watch this all work itself out. I know you're jones-in for Floyd to be somebody in Minny to hammer this board. I remain convinced you've been right about very little over the years AND you know this, which is why you act the part you always do with so many different people. You're an ass hole and the keyboard remains your very best tool.

Actually I wanted Kawann Short and Ponder was the highest rated QB at one point during last season, even above P.Manning. ESPN just did a piece on that today. But I regress...you don't like him because you saw him play in HS....fuckin hilarious coach,

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Frye same shit with you.....

You realize you have put this same complaint of EVERY THREAD you have posted in since the 1st day of the draft.

Same shit over and over and over.... Unless you have a time machine it's time to move on and home for the best.
Cutting Ratt would have cost us money..... not saved.... then we wouldn't have the guys that have looked pretty darn good thus far on this team and the situation would be even worse.

Please for the love of god.... I know you are going to bitch ... thats all you ever do... you damn sure never talk football..... please find something different to bitch about

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I wanted Kawann Short and Ponder was the highest rated QB at one point during last season, even above P.Manning. ESPN just did a piece on that today. But I regress...you don't like him because you saw him play in HS....fuckin hilarious coach,

Opps...meant digress.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Frye same shit with you.....

You realize you have put this same complaint of EVERY THREAD you have posted in since the 1st day of the draft.

Same shit over and over and over.... Unless you have a time machine it's time to move on and home for the best.
Cutting Ratt would have cost us money..... not saved.... then we wouldn't have the guys that have looked pretty darn good thus far on this team and the situation would be even worse.

Please for the love of god.... I know you are going to bitch ... thats all you ever do... you damn sure never talk football..... please find something different to bitch about

Who said anything about cutting Ratliff? My football opinions are solid fanboy, you're just too stuck on stupid to give them their props.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody surprised that Fried decides to show up only after bad news came out about the Cowboys? Had Rat to the PUP list not happened, fried would still be hiding in his mommies closet.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually it was Floyd after the draft snub at 18 but go ahead and take Short now...hardly matters but your RE A C H is funny as always

Ponder? please....the point always was ponder taking Romo's spot and newsflash mr. football, ponder has been average at his best on any level. He'll do good to hold his job 8 games this season.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it was Floyd after the draft snub at 18 but go ahead and take Short now...hardly matters but your RE A C H is funny as always

Ponder? please....the point always was ponder taking Romo's spot and newsflash mr. football, ponder has been average at his best on any level. He'll do good to hold his job 8 games this season.

My mock draft actually had them taking Short in either the late 1st or start of round 2. I may be wrong here, but didn't Ponder make the playoffs while Romo choked for the 2nd straight year with everything on the line? Yet you seriously can question other QBs now?? Hilarious. I guess it's ok to be the reg season stat king?
Floyd was just an afterthought...

Can't wait for this DL to start dominating and Hatcher to turn into a monster....u fanboys live in a world of make believe, wet dreams, and high hopes...just like uncle Jerry I see.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mock draft actually had them taking Short in either the late 1st or start of round 2. I may be wrong here, but didn't Ponder make the playoffs while Romo choked for the 2nd straight year with everything on the line? Yet you seriously can question other QBs now?? Hilarious. I guess it's ok to be the reg season stat king?

Can't wait for this DL to start dominating and Hatcher to turn into a monster....u fanboy rain in a world of wet dreams and high hopes...just like uncle Jerry I see.

you lie..... plain and simple ..
3 of the last 4 drafts... Give up two drafts if you have to for McFadden
Ponder is the future
We don't need O-line ... Get Floyd ( even the Vikings fans know already he isnt as good as billed and wasn't going to start)

There are you predictions.... Everyone of them were wrong .... and horribly wrong at that

Go preach that shit to people that dont know you

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait for this DL to start dominating and Hatcher to turn into a monster....u fanboy rain in a world of wet dreams and high hopes...just like uncle Jerry I see.

Didn't Ponders TEAM make the playoffs? One would think that by now you would have came to understand that football teams have more than one player.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and forgot .... Johnny Football is the savior of the Cowboys (along with FWD)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing guys, but I think this thread has gotten a tad bit off topic. Outsider looking in, depending on Ratliff to be healthy was a calculated risk in light of the Cap situation in Dallas. the rework was done in an attempt to not have to force the teams hand in the draft. Rework Rat, create cap space, and leave the first round pick open to hopefully get one of the talented O-line players in this draft. They got Fredericks. Looks like they might have gotten burned on the Rat rework for the moment. But honestly, had they simply let Rat walk, the trade down to get Fredericks is some what off the table. If Dallas goes .500 or better the first six, the Ratliff thing means nothing. If the defense gives up a ton of yards and points... they got burned. :noidea:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really dude?? that's all you got?? What makes you madder?? the fact that what i said was pretty logical and probably spot on?? Or the fact that you know you'd look like a dick for disagreeing with it??

Carry on Pday, carry on. Defend your turf. Now back to the ignore bin with you. And shame on me for thinking you MIGHT have actually tried to actually add something constructive or even slightly relevant. :thumbsdown:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing guys, but I think this thread has gotten a tad bit off topic. Outsider looking in, depending on Ratliff to be healthy was a calculated risk in light of the Cap situation in Dallas. the rework was done in an attempt to not have to force the teams hand in the draft. Rework Rat, create cap space, and leave the first round pick open to hopefully get one of the talented O-line players in this draft. They got Fredericks. Looks like they might have gotten burned on the Rat rework for the moment. But honestly, had they simply let Rat walk, the trade down to get Fredericks is some what off the table. If Dallas goes .500 or better the first six, the Ratliff thing means nothing. If the defense gives up a ton of yards and points... they got burned. :noidea:

I think redoing his contract was strictly about the cap. I want Rat to start more than the guys behind, because I think he is much better suited for the 4-3 defense instead of the 3-4. I wan't to see if I and others who feel this way are right. Now if he were released instead, I see the guys right behind him as not a big dropoff, I still think we don't take a DT early in the draft.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster... IM kind of 50/50 on that. If Ratliff were released.. it makes DT a priority what with the switch to a 4-3. And since he likely couldnt have been released until after June 1st without taking a pretty good dead money hit, (Roughly $6 million) it would have changed the Cowboys draft board some what. Meaning likely no Escobar or Williams. And depending on if Jerry panicked, he might have actually taken Floyd instead of the trade down. As I said, it was a calculated risk on Jerrys part. If Dallas starts out 4-2, Ratliff will be an after thought any way.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster... IM kind of 50/50 on that. If Ratliff were released.. it makes DT a priority what with the switch to a 4-3. And since he likely couldnt have been released until after June 1st without taking a pretty good dead money hit, (Roughly $6 million) it would have changed the Cowboys draft board some what. Meaning likely no Escobar or Williams. And depending on if Jerry panicked, he might have actually taken Floyd instead of the trade down. As I said, it was a calculated risk on Jerrys part. If Dallas starts out 4-2, Ratliff will be an after thought any way.

We have a lot more depth at DT than we do at DE. This is still true with Rat on the PUP. If we were going to address the DL early it would have been at the DE position. IMO the only way we'd have taken a DT is if one fell to us in the 2nd that Jerry just couldn't pass up on.