• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pryor

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard today's interview with Earl Thomas and he was saying he could jump reads easy vs Pryor because of his size plus not looking off receivers.... He very nicely said he's easy to read.... Going against this D should help Pryor learn some things... Working with Russ also... Very curious to see what happens with Pryor..

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that he is converted to WR/TE or used as a KR/PR because I just don't see a future for him at QB on this team at this point.

Since they reportably tried Earl Thomas as a returner recently this become high focus IMO. I really do not want to see our All-Pro back there returning kicks on the special teams.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor is one of the best athletes in the league. But he unfortunately spent his rookie year with the Raiders forced into their QB destroying system. The only thing he learned from them was to run for your life and try to get some positive yds with your legs. He needs a team that he could sit on the bench as a 2nd/3rd option for a year or two while being taught the proper way to be a NFL QB. Then he would have a legit shot at being a starter again.

Unfortunately, the Seahawks are a superbowl caliber team and don't have those kind of roster spots, especially for the QB position. He would be best suited to be on a team that can groom him a bit. Too bad, but that's the Raiders for you.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a deep roster that already has an established vet backup QB in Tarvaris Jackson (who will be getting guaranteed money nonetheless), it will be tough for Pryor to make it. He has a boatload of talent and I'm rooting for him to make the roster though, with his athletic ability he could probably develop into something decent. He could be trade bait at the least.

Not to mention he has value in trick plays.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that he is converted to WR/TE or used as a KR/PR because I just don't see a future for him at QB on this team at this point.

Since they reportably tried Earl Thomas as a returner recently this become high focus IMO. I really do not want to see our All-Pro back there returning kicks on the special teams.

Wow didn't hear that.... I would prefer Earl NOT being a return guy... He's better right where he is... Hopefully there just playing around

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow didn't hear that.... I would prefer Earl NOT being a return guy... He's better right where he is... Hopefully there just playing around

I've heard it's between Thomas and Sherman right now, but I don't expect either of them to be the return guy when the season starts.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard it's between Thomas and Sherman right now, but I don't expect either of them to be the return guy when the season starts.

Yeah that would be for the best.... Leave those guy's right where they are playing defense... I did hear Percy was taking a look at punt returns ... That seems like the most logical fit...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would be for the best.... Leave those guy's right where they are playing defense... I did hear Percy was taking a look at punt returns ... That seems like the most logical fit...

Harvin will be doing some PR duties this year. No doubt.

But Sherman or Thomas? No.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see it being Thomas. Carroll doesn't play scared, the best option will get the reps.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My take is that Pete is indeed considering having Thomas return punts. Listened to both PC and ET on the matter and I think they are both serious about making this happen. Not what I would want to happen, but hey I'm just a fan.

Some other DBs that returned punts

Darrell Green
Deion Sanders
Champ Baily
Ed Reed

Just remember ET all ready plays on STs. I'd rather he didn't return punts, but I think it may happen.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that Pete is indeed considering having Thomas return punts. Listened to both PC and ET on the matter and I think they are both serious about making this happen. Not what I would want to happen, but hey I'm just a fan.

Darrell Green
Deion Sanders
Champ Baily
Ed Reed

Just remember ET all ready plays on STs. I'd rather he didn't return punts, but I think it may happen.

Very true. A lot of Seahawks starters play STs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the news of ET possibly returning punts and just shook my head on that one. The is no more dangerous play in the NFL in my opinion than being a punt returner. Guys flying at you at full speed where you are at a stopped position and leaving yourself open trying to catch the football just seems like a good way to get ET hurt. I don't doubt that he could be a good punt returner but I would think he would only be doing that kind of thing on a limited basis when they absolutely needed a big return or when he has some room to work and they know the punting team is going to boom it down the field.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the news of ET possibly returning punts and just shook my head on that one. The is no more dangerous play in the NFL in my opinion than being a punt returner. Guys flying at you at full speed where you are at a stopped position and leaving yourself open trying to catch the football just seems like a good way to get ET hurt. I don't doubt that he could be a good punt returner but I would think he would only be doing that kind of thing on a limited basis when they absolutely needed a big return or when he has some room to work and they know the punting team is going to boom it down the field.

Gotta agree with this... I would rather not see him return punts... You are vulnerable back there...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darrell Green
Deion Sanders
Champ Baily
Ed Reed

Kenny Easley did also.....

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, god forbid, Wilson goes down for four games, Jackson could probably win two of them. Pryor? I'm not so sure.

Convert him to another position or trade him.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, god forbid, Wilson goes down for four games, Jackson could probably win two of them. Pryor? I'm not so sure.

Convert him to another position or trade him.

If what he said about being unable to catch is true (and who knows whether it is or whether he's just saying that so that he doesn't have to switch positions), then the only real use they could probably get out of him on offense is as a fullback or a blocking tight end. That leaves the defensive side of the ball as the more likely option if he is to switch positions. He's probably big enough and fast enough to be a linebacker on this defense, but if he doesn't have the instincts for the position, it could be a long transition. He'd probably have to gain weight to play on the defensive line and I can't imagine that cornerback is in his immediate future. If he moved to safety, it'd probably be strong safety, but he's unlikely to see playing time, as Chancellor is firmly entrenched in that spot. That doesn't leave a lot of options. I'm thinking he gets traded at some point to a team light on quarterback depth.