• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proud of our boyz today

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brisker and whoever replaces Eddie Jackson have a better chance of being the best duo the bears have ever had.
Jackson is still a great Free Safety.

Being misused for a couple of years doesn't really change that.

He starts getting takeaways and TDs again, and nobody is gonna give two shits about his tackling or lack thereof.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is still a great Free Safety.

Being misused for a couple of years doesn't really change that.

He starts getting takeaways and TDs again, and nobody is gonna give two shits about his tackling or lack thereof.
which is why I use the term fanboi's. Getting the offense back on the field after a third down stop can happen 4-5 times a game with a tackle. Pretty sure you will win more games by doing that. As least we have Brisker now.

We could go back to comparing him to one of the greatest cornerbacks and returners to ever play the game in Deion Sanders, but thats a guy responsible for one receiver or one part of the field, not a free safety

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why I use the term fanboi's. Getting the offense back on the field after a third down stop can happen 4-5 times a game with a tackle. Pretty sure you will win more games by doing that. As least we have Brisker now.

We could go back to comparing him to one of the greatest cornerbacks and returners to ever play the game in Deion Sanders, but thats a guy responsible for one receiver or one part of the field, not a free safety

Did I compare him? Or was I making the point that a player can still be good-hell even great-if they're not the greatest tackler? In doing so I was using Deion as the most memorable example that even casual fans would remember. His non-tackling ability was always in the spotlight.

A few posts ago I made the point I'd much prefer Mike Brown over Eddie Jackson. I would trade 2 Mike Browns for Deion. So if you're thinking I'm saying Eddie Jackson is up there with Deion, think again.

A FS should be a better tackler than a CB in theory...but due to sheer typical size of most DB's-safety or not- they are normally going to get trucked by a RB, TE or larger receiver like a DK Metcalf or David Boston. Funny as hell when it happens, but not the end all be all metric for determining if a player is good or not. I'll go into any season happily if you tell me we get 2018 Eddie at safety.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I compare him? Or was I making the point that a player can still be good-hell even great-if they're not the greatest tackler? In doing so I was using Deion as the most memorable example that even casual fans would remember. His non-tackling ability was always in the spotlight.

A few posts ago I made the point I'd much prefer Mike Brown over Eddie Jackson. I would trade 2 Mike Browns for Deion. So if you're thinking I'm saying Eddie Jackson is up there with Deion, think again.

A FS should be a better tackler than a CB in theory...but due to sheer typical size of most DB's-safety or not- they are normally going to get trucked by a RB, TE or larger receiver like a DK Metcalf or David Boston. Funny as hell when it happens, but not the end all be all metric for determining if a player is good or not. I'll go into any season happily if you tell me we get 2018 Eddie at safety.
it was a different Eddie, a hungry Eddie. I am sorry I hold so much resentment for Eddie Jackson because of Pace. I guess it happened with me and Seabroke after Stans paid him too much as well. But I also am able to blame the player for being complacent. The Eddie Jackson contract was a joke, and in all honesty, was Pace patting himself on the back for taking a safety in the third round that 32 teams passed on twice, some three since 111 players were drafted ahead of him, when he made him the highest paid safety in football.

I had some hope this year when Eberflus called him out, I just cannot forgive 3 years of shit play because of a pick when I see weakness up to it. Its not like he went out and played great D against a great QB. Lets see what he does these next few. I hope to post soon about, wow, did you see Eddie wrap up that tackle and stop the first down that led to the winning TD drive/

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a different Eddie, a hungry Eddie. I am sorry I hold so much resentment for Eddie Jackson because of Pace. I guess it happened with me and Seabroke after Stans paid him too much as well. But I also am able to blame the player for being complacent. The Eddie Jackson contract was a joke, and in all honesty, was Pace patting himself on the back for taking a safety in the third round that 32 teams passed on twice, some three since 111 players were drafted ahead of him, when he made him the highest paid safety in football.

I had some hope this year when Eberflus called him out, I just cannot forgive 3 years of shit play because of a pick when I see weakness up to it. Its not like he went out and played great D against a great QB. Lets see what he does these next few. I hope to post soon about, wow, did you see Eddie wrap up that tackle and stop the first down that led to the winning TD drive/

I agree with this. Eddie Jackson has not come close to living up to his contract for 3 seasons now. I would like to say that it was scheme-or even as Bdubs said-that having a reliable safety like Amos alongside of him was a big reason for him not producing...but I normally won't give that kind of pass to a player.

If you want to be considered a star/great player AND get paid like it, you need to make plays. Once the "Well if this or that (insert external item to player's play here) had/hadn't happened then etc etc" starts coming into play, I'm checking out until the player actually makes plays again.

Eddie, being a later round pick with less pedigree coming out, had the burden of skepticism thrust upon him the minute he got that contract. There's only one way to justify that kind of money...and that's by making plays. For 3 seasons now he hasn't done that, so any and all skepticism and critique at this point-within reason-is warranted. Here's hoping he can at least give us a good season this year. The Bears as a team and us as fans are due to cash in on some of that payday. Papa Bear needs more turnovers Eddie. That's what he paid you for now give 'em here. One vs. Rodgers this weekend would go a long way. :D

Last edited:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie would have been a first round pick if he did not get hurt. I dont question that. Then he would have gotten paid better and the team would have had the fifth year option. So I always gave part of the contract to that fact, he deserved more on his rookie deal. But regardless, they had 4 years, or two more years to decide to pay him that well. But part of what made him that first round guy was his return talent, which has been put on the wayside afraid that he will get hurt again and not play safety.

Its the same as the team that drafts the "franchise" quarterback. Pick the QB and let him work to become the "franchise" guy.

So a real nice read and a great pick against rodgers returned for 6 would be nice, sticking a receiver to stop a drive will still be nicer for me.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie would have been a first round pick if he did not get hurt. I dont question that. Then he would have gotten paid better and the team would have had the fifth year option. So I always gave part of the contract to that fact, he deserved more on his rookie deal. But regardless, they had 4 years, or two more years to decide to pay him that well. But part of what made him that first round guy was his return talent, which has been put on the wayside afraid that he will get hurt again and not play safety.

Its the same as the team that drafts the "franchise" quarterback. Pick the QB and let him work to become the "franchise" guy.

So a real nice read and a great pick against rodgers returned for 6 would be nice, sticking a receiver to stop a drive will still be nicer for me.

I doubt Jackson would have gone in the first round even coming out of Bama. If your talent level is considered 1st round I don't see you getting into the 4th round/100's on draft day. Somebody will take a shot for you by the end of the third. I could buy 2nd round though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably 15-20 of them would at least put in some effort. He is constantly allowing a player to fall forward for first downs with this two armed shoulder shove attempt to tackle that resembles what you used to do to a friend in high school when you walked down the aisles and shoved him into a locker. Fine I will give it to Debo, there were still 4 plays where he was the last (as usual) to get there, even when three or four bears already slowed the runner down.

This is tackle football, its too bad he got that pick because that give him this year of getting excused by his fanbois.
Eddie Jackson weighs somewhere in the 190's (No, I don't care that he's listed at 204, there's no way). You're surprised that dudes 30-60 pounds bigger than him fall forward when he tackles them? lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you gotta invoke the ole “this guy isn’t good because he was drafted in a later round and every team passed on him” argument……you literally have nothing.

The Hall of Fame is filled with guys drafted after the 2nd round. Undrafted players play in the Pro Bowl.

It’s just a silly argument.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing no one talks about is how Eddie Jackson is consistently among the lowest targeted safeties in the NFL. QBs don’t throw to his half the field all that often. He was targeted exactly zero times Sunday and came away with a pick. That’s huge.

He was 54th in targets last season among safeties and 59th in receptions allowed.

He has flaws, no doubt. But he’s a good NFL safety.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you gotta invoke the ole “this guy isn’t good because he was drafted in a later round and every team passed on him” argument……you literally have nothing.

The Hall of Fame is filled with guys drafted after the 2nd round. Undrafted players play in the Pro Bowl.

It’s just a silly argument.
Where in the hell did you get this statement? I said he was able to be signed for third round dollars, which accelerated the extension talks.

The pass on him statement was pointing to Pace patting himself on the back and in turn making him the highest paid safety in the national football league until Jamaal Adams got his contract.

People tell me to learn how to write, maybe you just need to learn how to read.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing no one talks about is how Eddie Jackson is consistently among the lowest targeted safeties in the NFL. QBs don’t throw to his half the field all that often. He was targeted exactly zero times Sunday and came away with a pick. That’s huge.

He was 54th in targets last season among safeties and 59th in receptions allowed.

He has flaws, no doubt. But he’s a good NFL safety.
yeah, you pocket protector fantasy geeks can always find a stat to back up an argument without actually seeing how many first downs he gives up with his ole tackles.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the hell did you get this statement? I said he was able to be signed for third round dollars, which accelerated the extension talks.

The pass on him statement was pointing to Pace patting himself on the back and in turn making him the highest paid safety in the national football league until Jamaal Adams got his contract.

People tell me to learn how to write, maybe you just need to learn how to read.

He was signed to an extension because he had an All Pro season with six picks and he scored touchdowns for the team. Has nothing to do with where he was drafted.

He would have gotten the same extension regardless of where he was drafted.

As always…you’re wrong.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, you pocket protector fantasy geeks can always find a stat to back up an argument without actually seeing how many first downs he gives up with his ole tackles.

The first downs last week aren’t on him. He wasn’t the defender targeted on any of those plays. He isn’t the first guy required to make the stop. His solo tackles came because he was assisting when others didn’t make the stop.

Just quit while you’re behind.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first downs last week aren’t on him. He wasn’t the defender targeted on any of those plays. He isn’t the first guy required to make the stop. His solo tackles came because he was assisting when others didn’t make the stop.

Just quit while you’re behind.
out of position, a step behind, shrug attempts at tackles, watching a catch 2 feet away in the end zone. Really, start watching and quit while you are behind.
Just because you play all high and mighty does not mean you are right.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of position, a step behind, shrug attempts at tackles, watching a catch 2 feet away in the end zone. Really, start watching and quit while you are behind.
Just because you play all high and mighty does not mean you are right.

I watch every game, thanks. Maybe you should learn a bit more about football instead of just offering up braindead, meatball fanboy takes.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch every game, thanks. Maybe you should learn a bit more about football instead of just offering up braindead, meatball fanboy takes.
If I were that stupid you would not have copied fanboi, but I guess you made it original. Have fun slapping it to Eddie Jackson.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were that stupid

You are.
you would not have copied fanboi

I didn't. I spelled it like an adult does.
but I guess you made it original.

By spelling it correctly? Yes, proper spelling and grammar are definitely original. To you.
Have fun slapping it to Eddie Jackson.
Right. Because correctly saying he's a good NFL safety, which he is, means I masturbate to him.

Go on.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are.

I didn't. I spelled it like an adult does.

By spelling it correctly? Yes, proper spelling and grammar are definitely original. To you.

Right. Because correctly saying he's a good NFL safety, which he is, means I masturbate to him.

Go on.
proud of yourself? Berating people is probably the high point of your day, I am glad to be of service. They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I am glad to be the supplier of lube to you for when you bend over for people in real life.