• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospect opinion

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a weird, non-standard situation but wanted to get some opinions before deciding. I'm in a keeper league where we have a roster spot for a non-pro. Choices I'm considering are Mike Davis (South Carolina Jr. RB), Alex Collins (Arkansas So. RB) and Leonard Fournette (LSU Fr. RB). The trick of course is that it's only one roster spot, so if I take Davis and he gets drafted in 2015 I can put him on my active roster and take another college player next year, but if I take Collins or Fournette I have to wait on them (or if they regress to the point where I don't want them anymore I can drop them in the offseason and re-pick). Thoughts? Thanks in advance guys!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have some inside info on Fournette. I can't get into the specifics, but I have a source who works with a couple LSU coaches and everything I hear about Fournette screams Trent Richardson. He is a physical freak, but may lack the intangibles to be a stud at the top level.

I guess what I am saying is that I would use that spot on somebody closer to the league, because Fournette is no sure thing to pan out.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have some inside info on Fournette. I can't get into the specifics, but I have a source who works with a couple LSU coaches and everything I hear about Fournette screams Trent Richardson. He is a physical freak, but may lack the intangibles to be a stud at the top level.

I guess what I am saying is that I would use that spot on somebody closer to the league, because Fournette is no sure thing to pan out.

Will that hold him back in college before the draft though or just as a pro? There's an argument to be made that Richardson was still a perfectly good pick for this sort of thing given how high he went in the NFL draft. He could have been traded for a lot of value before he turned into an NFL pumpkin. For this type of thing it's always seemed to me that you want a guy that's going to come out of the gate looking like a star, since a guy that's drafted a little later probably isn't a guy that you're going to waste a keeper roster spot on (even if deep down you think he could be a productive pro).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without adding much else. . It would be my personal preference to use this spot on junior/seniors. MAYBE a sophomore if his freshman season was just ridiculous. Seems like a huge waste to use a roster spot for two years one "the next big thing", when the "next big thing" is always one year away. . Always.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Gordon.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gurley, abdullah?

Gurley's already taken, went last year and was protected. Most of the other guys that people are thinking of are probably already taken (Winston, Hackenberg, Yeldon etc.). Abdullah doesn't interest me that much just because he's on the smaller side and the scoring in this league is TD heavy, so a guy that might get lifted at the goal line in the NFL isn't worth as much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will that hold him back in college before the draft though or just as a pro? There's an argument to be made that Richardson was still a perfectly good pick for this sort of thing given how high he went in the NFL draft. He could have been traded for a lot of value before he turned into an NFL pumpkin. For this type of thing it's always seemed to me that you want a guy that's going to come out of the gate looking like a star, since a guy that's drafted a little later probably isn't a guy that you're going to waste a keeper roster spot on (even if deep down you think he could be a productive pro).

Impossible to say, really. He has time to fix his issues and some really good coaches are aware of them so I am not saying that he won't be an NFL stud, just that it is not certain enough for me to want to roster him for 3 years over more established guys.

And there is more than an argument to be made for Richardson. He was a beast at Alabama, but we could not tell that he lacked vision because the holes he ran through were the size of the Grand Canyon.

I would at least want to see Fournette produce at an elite efficiency level in college before I considered him.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without adding much else. . It would be my personal preference to use this spot on junior/seniors. MAYBE a sophomore if his freshman season was just ridiculous. Seems like a huge waste to use a roster spot for two years one "the next big thing", when the "next big thing" is always one year away. . Always.

While I generally agree the thing is that my team consistently contends so I never pick high. This year I'm picking 11th of 12 teams, and last year (Sammy Watkins 9th) is the only year in the last 5 that I've picked higher than that. I generally don't get a shot at a "big thing" unless I take him young and hang onto him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gurley, abdullah?

I'd honestly be a little surprised if Abdullah ever developed into anything more than a minor committee member in the NFL. Was awesome watching him this Saturday, I was in the stands, it was great. . But there's no "it" to him. Can't put my finger on it, but he just comes off as just really good in college, not exceptional.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB in wisky wouldn't be bad...Melvin Gordon.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just list everyone that's already taken to save some unnecessary posts. In no particular order

Gurley
Winston
Hackenberg
Amari Cooper
Yeldon
Melvin Gordon
Kenny Hill
Derrick Henry
Duke Johnson
Mariota

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be prefect honest about this. . The Huskers are the only NCAA team I follow closely enough to have any sort of informed opinion about any of the players. And of all the 'Skers.. only Kenny Bell stands out there. I highly doubt he's of the ilk you're looking for. . But that's all I got for you. That and a best of luck in your search.