• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props to Saban

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol That's a whole lot of "almost".

Almost is a lot better than "Not even close," which has been USC for the past 15 years. You did have the sweet privilege of getting blown out in the Cotton Bowl two years ago. Before that, I guess since you forfeited 2004 (you know, because you were cheating), you've got that shared championship in 2003, though not really, since LSU won the actual title game. Before that, what, I guess 1978 was a pretty sweet season.

Yeah, I'll take those almosts.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Auburn nearly became the first two-loss team to make the playoffs in 2017 (before losing to Georgia in the SEC championship game). Georgia did make the playoffs that year & finished as national runner-up to Alabama. Auburn became the only team to beat both finalists in the same season.

Georgia almost made it back to the playoffs in 2018, but a regular season loss to LSU & an SEC title game loss to Alabama kept them out. That LSU team that ambushed Georgia, but lost to Florida & Texas A&M (in a memorable shootout), went on to end Central Florida's 25-game winning streak; and Florida went on to crush a 10-win Michigan team in a bowl game.

Auburn, which was a non-factor in the SEC race, still beat Pac-12 champion Washington on a neutral field, and destroyed the Purdue team that handed Ohio St. its only loss of the season.

You call that losing?

I said majority. You named three teams. Congrats on your reading comprehension. If some of these teams actually played scheduled games each other more than once a decade then they wouldn't even be doing that well and be knocking each other out more often.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said majority. You named three teams. Congrats on your reading comprehension. If some of these teams actually played scheduled games each other more than once a decade then they wouldn't even be doing that well and be knocking each other out more often.

You still can't count, can you? Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Florida. That's four teams. Five, if you include the casual mention of Alabama. I don't believe there's a single SEC team that hasn't been to a bowl game this decade. Much more winning than losing.

Do ya'll just have really bad education on the west coast, or are you stuck in a cloud of weed?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-1

I’ll give you the Sugar Bowl where our QB broke his arm on the first drive and the only RB we had healthy was at 80%.

Good job beating that MASH team.
You just went full longhorn. You never go full longhorn.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still can't count, can you? Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Florida. That's four teams. Five, if you include the casual mention of Alabama. I don't believe there's a single SEC team that hasn't been to a bowl game this decade. Much more winning than losing.

Do ya'll just have really bad education on the west coast, or are you stuck in a cloud of weed?
LSU and Florida didn't surpass USCs final #3 from that year so they are in the aint don't shit pile. But thanks for the laugh.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-1

I’ll give you the Sugar Bowl where our QB broke his arm on the first drive and the only RB we had healthy was at 80%.

Good job beating that MASH team.
You're actually 2-1 against Big XII teams since 2009, but I knew you wouldn't know that.

Good job beating those teams that weren't OU. Loser.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're actually 2-1 against Big XII teams since 2009, but I knew you wouldn't know that.

Good job beating those teams that weren't OU. Loser.
Lost to Oklahoma in 2016
Beat Kansas St in 2014

What game am I missing?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost to Oklahoma in 2016
Beat Kansas St in 2014

What game am I missing?
I'm giving him the '09 WVU win as I forgot they weren't yet in the Big XII. Anywho, let's just agree he's a jackhole.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part I do not disagree. He does use the system to his advantage. My only question would be are there any SEC rules that may prevent some scheduling.

I would add that it is probably not the championship caliber teams that are most against this but, the marginal teams that need an easy win to go Bowling.

There are teams that, without the guaranteed wins against FCS and bottom feeder G5 in OOC, would barely get to 6 wins every year...and some of them are from the mighty SEC, where you only play 8 conference games.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of fired up folks in this thread and anytime anything about Alabama's OOC comes up. Bottom line...

Instead of getting upset, send an email to your favorite team's A.D. and ask them to try to schedule 'Bama while they are on this current P5 scheduling spree. The more P5 games the better for Alabama and everybody else. :) BTW, PROPS to all of the teams who have already agreed to play 'Bama. Much Respect!

already done.

Bama is not even close to the worst offender, though they do have one real cupcake, minimum each year. Which if you're a Bama fan would suck.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a load of horseshit. It's not always about who can beat you it's about scheduling a team where you might have to travel and have a decent game. Saban's already giving an excuse that his guys could have been tired by the time the national championship game came up. Imagine if he had to play at Wisconsin at the second to the last game of the season instead of playing Mercer or Citadel at home. Yes that's a game that Alabama should win but he would have to play all four quarters and somebody could get hurt instead of playing a one-legged trucking school the second to the last game of the season

Excellent point. I'm waiting for the Bama vs Texas home and home to get changed to a home and neutral site game, which is par for the course. Not sure if Texas would agree though

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already done.

Bama is not even close to the worst offender, though they do have one real cupcake, minimum each year. Which if you're a Bama fan would suck.
I agree. All Alabama needs to do is replace the FCS team with ANY P5 team, and their OOC schedule would be good to go. I'll use Texas as an example (since you are a Longhorn fan). Nobody would fuss at all if Alabama played Texas (Big Xii), Duke (ACC), Southern Miss (C-USA) and New Mexico State (Independent) OOC. Wouldn't be too over-bearing either. The good news is that is the direction Alabama is headed, and that is what this article is about. My point was that people see the glass half empty instead of half full.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point. I'm waiting for the Bama vs Texas home and home to get changed to a home and neutral site game, which is par for the course. Not sure if Texas would agree though

If it did get changed it would be played in Atlanta where Bama plays half of it's "neutral" site games. lol.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is not par for the course. All of Alabama's Neutral Games in the Saban Era have been one off games agreed to by both programs.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it did get changed it would be played in Atlanta where Bama plays half of it's "neutral" site games. lol.
Atlanta has been neutral for Alabama and the teams they have played there. With the exception of West Virginia from the Big Xii, the other opponents there have been ACC programs with easy drive access to Atlanta - which is an ACC and SEC town after all. Even WVU to ATL is an easy drive. There were plenty of Mountaineer fans there.

No two teams are ever exactly the same distance from a neutral spot, but Atlanta has been easy enough for all of the teams Alabama has played. Definitely, more neutral than all of those USC Rose Bowl Games (as an example). It's other teams like Georgia (Boise State) and Auburn (Washington) who play Western teams in Atlanta.

Alabama plays those type of games @ Arlington (as you know!:). Southern California (Pac-12), Michigan (B1G) and Wisconsin (B1G) were all in Arlington, not Atlanta. That's a flight for all of those teams including Alabama (which is 3 states away). Once again, I am looking forward to the 2020 Alabama-USC Game @ Arlington! Wish it was in Los Angeles (3-0) and glad it is not in Birmingham (0-2). lol. :)

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that, without the guaranteed wins against FCS and bottom feeder G5 in OOC, would barely get to 6 wins every year...and some of them are from the mighty SEC, where you only play 8 conference games.

Then there are teams that manage to not get 6 wins by losing to 3-9 Iowa St and 2-10 Kansas teams. Hook 'em.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there are teams that manage to not get 6 wins by losing to 3-9 Iowa St and 2-10 Kansas teams. Hook 'em.
Hey, I resem:Dble that remark! Haven't you heard?, Iowa State is an upper level Big Xii team now! It's been a whole 3 years since they finished 3-9! So, pick on some other unworthy team.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can call for it all he wants, but when is the last time he has actually scheduled that for himself? Until then he looks like a hypocrite.
Saban doesn't make the schedules. No coach does.