• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PROPOSAL for Board Members - tonight's draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New Yorkers........asking an off topic question......later this year i need to get from JFK to Penn Station (Amtrak), other than taxi, are there other options like a direct shuttle?

does anyone have an opinion on the Boltbus or Megabus to Philadelphia?

how long a drive (typical mid-morning, weekday) from JFK to Penn Station?

Yes there is a shuttle. I think it's about $20 to $30 though. Last time I took that shuttle was about 10 years ago. It dropped me off at Port Authority bus terminal. It's super easy to get to Penn Station (the #7 shuttle) from Port Authority, and vice versa.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I started the one for 2011, but I also think we were still on the ESPN message board and then it changed over soon afterwords to the new robust piece of shit board it is now.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I started the one for 2011, but I also think we were still on the ESPN message board and then it changed over soon afterwords to the new robust piece of shit board it is now.

Well we need your presence here tonight, since you were person responsible for bringing us luck in 2011. Clyde is banned from creating draft threads ever again. Mind you, he was one of the handful of individuals who was very happy about the AJ Jenkins pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes there is a shuttle. I think it's about $20 to $30 though. Last time I took that shuttle was about 10 years ago. It dropped me off at Port Authority bus terminal. It's super easy to get to Penn Station (the #7 shuttle) from Port Authority, and vice versa.

mahalo Bingo!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't speak to your JFK to Penn Station situation although I can tell you that public transportation will take a long time, while a taxi will be pricey but fast if it isn't rush hour. Just go to a NY taxi site and calculate the cost and then compare with google map's public transportation calculation.

As for a bus to Philly...don't do it during rush hour...you're better off taking amtrak (if money aint an issue - under 2 hour ride) or SEPTA+NJ Transit trains (transfer in Trenton - 3 hours or less, around 25 bucks).
If it isn't rush hour - take a bus bc it takes around 2 hours. the bus you take depends on where you want to end up in Philly...if it's 30th St Station - take Bolt or Megabus(I prefer Bolt Bus). if it's Independence Hall/Historic area - take Megabus (their 2 stops are Independence Hall first and 30th St Station second). If you want to go to Cherry Hill, NJ area - take Bolt (their first stop is here). Also, don't rule out Greyhound Express Bus - I think they're just as nice, fairly cheap, often overlooked, and it will drop you off right in the middle of Center City Philly near Reading Terminal/Market East Station.

Let me know if I can help you out any further. Done the NY-Phil trip a few times

mahalo Rathman44!

yeah, looking at moving around 9:00 to 10:00 am, so outside of NY rush hour. that is.....unless 9:00 am is STILL rush hour?

going to 30th St station in Philly, so guess either bus is an option. i'll go on-line to check.

i'll keep Greyhound in mind should i change destination.

thanks again!

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mahalo Rathman44!

yeah, looking at moving around 9:00 to 10:00 am, so outside of NY rush hour. that is.....unless 9:00 am is STILL rush hour?

going to 30th St station in Philly, so guess either bus is an option. i'll go on-line to check.

i'll keep Greyhound in mind should i change destination.

thanks again!

yeah go with the cheaper of bolt bus or megabus...shouldn't hit traffic at that hour. have a good trip!

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Yorkers........asking an off topic question......later this year i need to get from JFK to Penn Station (Amtrak), other than taxi, are there other options like a direct shuttle?

does anyone have an opinion on the Boltbus or Megabus to Philadelphia?

how long a drive (typical mid-morning, weekday) from JFK to Penn Station?

Deep, taxi is the easiest way to get from JFK. With no traffic, best case to penn Station, Probably 45 mins-hour. It really depends on traffic on the freeway and once you get into the city. Any chance you can fly into LaGuardia?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I got the secret coded message on ESPN boards that this is where most of you all jumped to last year.

Hard to believe but it's actually been almost 2 years since the exodus began.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deep, taxi is the easiest way to get from JFK. With no traffic, best case to penn Station, Probably 45 mins-hour. It really depends on traffic on the freeway and once you get into the city. Any chance you can fly into LaGuardia?

if by car, was thinking airport shuttle over taxi? i'd think the taxi would cost more with a running meter? but for now i'm thinking Airtrain to Jamaica, then LIRR to Penn Station. it may come down to how i feel after that LONG flight? haa

arriving JFK cause its a direct flight from Honolulu, also a little cheaper. :-)

mahalo

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if by car, was thinking airport shuttle over taxi? i'd think the taxi would cost more with a running meter? but for now i'm thinking Airtrain to Jamaica, then LIRR to Penn Station. it may come down to how i feel after that LONG flight? haa

arriving JFK cause its a direct flight from Honolulu, also a little cheaper. :-)

mahalo

I was going to suggest the Airtrain, it's dirt cheap, but it takes a while. I did it once after a long flight-not as long as yours...:) - to save money and I vowed never to do it again. But if you have it in you definitely do it. The LIRR is a straight shot.

The shuttle may be cheaper as Bingo says, for sure, but the quickest, easiest way is a cab.