• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PROPOSAL for Board Members - tonight's draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm somewhat superstitious to some extent. Does anyone remember who in particular started the 2011 NFL Draft (the year we selected Aldon)? That person brought us luck. But whomever started the thread for the 2012 NFL Draft, brought us bad luck (passed up Janoris for AJ Jenkins), please I am begging you, to refrain from starting this year's Official NFL Draft Thread. Just a simple suggestion :2cents:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
not it-- as evidenced by my Join Date

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not it-- as evidenced by my Join Date

You probably didn't officially joined, but you might have been one of those peeping toms. Those folks who enjoy browsing through our page to read our materials for a very long time but yet refuse to contribute. In essense, I could also blame you for not helping us out. :-P

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You probably didn't officially joined, but you might have been one of those peeping toms. Those folks who enjoy browsing through our page to read our materials for a very long time but yet refuse to contribute. In essense, I could also blame you for not helping us out. :-P

Nah, I got the secret coded message on ESPN boards that this is where most of you all jumped to last year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i do is cry over Baalke's first rd pick.... Aldon turned out for the better but Jenkins seems like a fail

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i do is cry over Baalke's first rd pick.... Aldon turned out for the better but Jenkins seems like a fail

Calamity, I saw that you posted you're going to the draft. Do you live in NYC? I live in Brooklyn.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Calamity, I saw that you posted you're going to the draft. Do you live in NYC? I live in Brooklyn.

I'm in the Bronx right now. How much are the tickets? Plus pretty cold out tonight, and I'm not trying to stay in the line at Radio City Hall. In addition, I have to drop off a friend at JFK at 5 in the morning.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If superstition is going to have any effect on this draft, this one could be bizarre. This will be the first time I have to work for the first round since I started watching the draft in 99.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the Bronx right now. How much are the tickets? Plus pretty cold out tonight, and I'm not trying to stay in the line at Radio City Hall. In addition, I have to drop off a friend at JFK at 5 in the morning.

Bingo, as I understand it, the tickets are free. Last year they they gave out wristbands Wednesday night to people that lined up at Radio City and then its General admission. Not sure about day 2 and 3 but its much easier to get those days.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo, as I understand it, the tickets are free. Last year they they gave out wristbands Wednesday night to people that lined up at Radio City and then its General admission. Not sure about day 2 and 3 but its much easier to get those days.

Whaaaa...for real??? Man I never knew that.

Damn, I feel bad now. It's ashame that I never attended this special even in years past when it's free. Literraly in my backyard. I need to plan it for next year.

Thanks for sharing Micahael.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaa...for real??? Man I never knew that.

Damn, I feel bad now. It's ashame that I never attended this special even in years past when it's free. Literraly in my backyard. I need to plan it for next year.

Thanks for sharing Micahael.

No worries. I've wanted to go for years but its pretty much a zoo day 1. Its much better in front of the Flat Screen and the laptop.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have been me. I'm not sure

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For once I didn't think it was me who created last year's draft thread and I was right. You can go to page 37, I believe, and check it out for yourself if you'd like. Clyde created it. It's titled, "The official '12 NFL Draft Thread - Going Live at 8 EST." A new one was started for Friday and Saturday if memory serves me correctly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

New Yorkers........asking an off topic question......later this year i need to get from JFK to Penn Station (Amtrak), other than taxi, are there other options like a direct shuttle?

does anyone have an opinion on the Boltbus or Megabus to Philadelphia?

how long a drive (typical mid-morning, weekday) from JFK to Penn Station?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Huey Lewis and The News randomly 2 different times today after not hearing their stuff in a long time. Hoping that provides the 49ers with some good draft juju!

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
New Yorkers........asking an off topic question......later this year i need to get from JFK to Penn Station (Amtrak), other than taxi, are there other options like a direct shuttle?

does anyone have an opinion on the Boltbus or Megabus to Philadelphia?

how long a drive (typical mid-morning, weekday) from JFK to Penn Station?

Can't speak to your JFK to Penn Station situation although I can tell you that public transportation will take a long time, while a taxi will be pricey but fast if it isn't rush hour. Just go to a NY taxi site and calculate the cost and then compare with google map's public transportation calculation.

As for a bus to Philly...don't do it during rush hour...you're better off taking amtrak (if money aint an issue - under 2 hour ride) or SEPTA+NJ Transit trains (transfer in Trenton - 3 hours or less, around 25 bucks).
If it isn't rush hour - take a bus bc it takes around 2 hours. the bus you take depends on where you want to end up in Philly...if it's 30th St Station - take Bolt or Megabus(I prefer Bolt Bus). if it's Independence Hall/Historic area - take Megabus (their 2 stops are Independence Hall first and 30th St Station second). If you want to go to Cherry Hill, NJ area - take Bolt (their first stop is here). Also, don't rule out Greyhound Express Bus - I think they're just as nice, fairly cheap, often overlooked, and it will drop you off right in the middle of Center City Philly near Reading Terminal/Market East Station.

Let me know if I can help you out any further. Done the NY-Phil trip a few times