• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proof that AP Poll has SEC on their Minds

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Florida State ever #3 in the 2000's.....oh wait they had rapey winston at one point, my bad forgot about that dude.
Preseason 2017. Finished 7-6. They were 5-6 then bought an extra FCS game then won a bowl. Bama still claimed a win over #3

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason 2017. Finished 7-6. They were 5-6 then bought an extra FCS game then won a bowl. Bama still claimed a win over #3

:pound: I must of been asleep for that one.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% get what your saying, i still feel that it was absolutely unnecessary to put A&M in that position other than to boost the game and give Bama some props this week.
But who was giving them the props? You are talking about a bunch of sportswriters from all over the country. It takes more than one or two people to vote for a team to have enough votes to land in the top 25. I think the people who voted fro the Aggies were misguided, but I don't think they were trying to prop Alabama up by voting for the Aggies on their Top 25 ballot. Agree to disagree, I suppose. Doesn't really matter to me. Either way, A&M will not be ranked this week, and the Aggies being ranked last week will not help Alabama get in the playoffs the first weekend of December.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tin foil hats for everybody! LOL. They scheduled a team that was suppose to be tough (unlike Duke this year). They kicked the crap out of that team. That team had a bad year after their QB went down. Stuff happens.

As for A&M this year, the Aggies were ranked higher when they played Clemson and Auburn than when they played Alabama. All 3 teams beat a team that is having a crap year unless they turn around and finish 10-3.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who ranked A&M will say "they lost to really good teams and we think they'd beat the teams behind them " which in theory is fine . But none of them will keep A&M ranked next week after they just lost to another really good team and are now 3-3. So it certainly does give the appearance of ranking them at 3-2 as some sort of "help " to top tier SEC opponents

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tin foil hats for everybody! LOL. They scheduled a team that was suppose to be tough (unlike Duke this year). They kicked the crap out of that team. That team had a bad year after their QB went down. Stuff happens.

As for A&M this year, the Aggies were ranked higher when they played Clemson and Auburn than when they played Alabama. All 3 teams beat a team that is having a crap year unless they turn around and finish 10-3.
You should ask a bama fan about this. They claim that fsu fell apart because they opened with bama. And that when they played fsu was worthy of a #3 ranking. Guess the committee agreed

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who ranked A&M will say "they lost to really good teams and we think they'd beat the teams behind them " which in theory is fine . But none of them will keep A&M ranked next week after they just lost to another really good team and are now 3-3. So it certainly does give the appearance of ranking them at 3-2 as some sort of "help " to top tier SEC opponents
And it makes it easier to move them back in if they pull an upset

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean what if a&m somehow beats uga or LSU? It will come up. They use these arguments like when they beat "#3" Florida state
And it will help Clemson and Auburn as much or more as it will help Alabama. No chance of that though, as A&M is headed to 6-6 city my man! Enjoy the season and don't be so hung up on the fact that A&M was ranked #24 when Alabama beat them. It literally means nothing.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it will help Clemson and Auburn as much or more as it will help Alabama. No chance of that though, as A&M is headed to 6-6 city my man! Enjoy the season and don't be so hung up on the fact that A&M was ranked #24 when Alabama beat them. It literally means nothing.
Oh, it means nothing to me for sure lol .I got some huge games coming up.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should ask a bama fan about this. They claim that fsu fell apart because they opened with bama. And that when they played fsu was worthy of a #3 ranking. Guess the committee agreed
Did you think FSU was a tough OOC opener for Alabama before the game? Did you think they should be ranked ranked #3 OR not ranked before they played Alabama, or do you think Alabama scheduled them like they scheduled Duke this year? Be honest. Things happen. Ironically, Duke will probably end up with a better year this year than FSU in 2017! lol.

For example, USC scheduled @ Auburn to be tough in 2003 and didn't expect Auburn to fold that season, but that didn't mean that USC didn't schedule what should have been a tough game. Now, whether teams that should be good and fall apart should or should not matter is a different matter altogether. I think FSU falling apart in 2017 was less significant than Alabama losing @ Auburn and not winning the West was.

Either way, doesn't matter. You believe what you believe and do not like Alabama. I get it.

:suds:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you think FSU was a tough OOC opener for Alabama before the game? Did you think they should be ranked ranked #3 OR not ranked before they played Alabama, or do you think Alabama scheduled them like they scheduled Duke this year? Be honest. Things happen. Ironically, Duke will probably end up with a better year this year than FSU in 2017! lol.

For example, USC scheduled @ Auburn to be tough in 2003 and didn't expect Auburn to fold that season, but that didn't mean that USC didn't schedule what should have been a tough game. Now, whether teams that should be good and fall apart should or should not matter is a different matter altogether. I think FSU falling apart in 2017 was less significant than Alabama losing @ Auburn and not winning the West was.

Either way, doesn't matter. You believe what you believe and do not like Alabama. I get it.

:suds:
Oh, I thought they should've been in for sure that year. It's really just having to hear it from them (y'all, haha). '''Well, remember when we beat ranked A&M on the road....by 11 more points?" It doesn't matter at all though, you right

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M HAS to be a top 25 team. Why else would a school pay a coach $75 million NOT to be?