• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pronger might miss start of Camp

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Awazy. Let's get this bitch rollin already!

Backs? Here is my 2 cents....I had mine done when I was 38 and aside from some occasional spasms that last only a few minutes, I feel great. I am more structurally sound than at any point in my life.

I guess what I'm saying is that if a simple man like myself can have surgery on his back and have it be a total success, I see no reason to worry about a million dollar athlete with legions of physicians at his disposal.

fair enough.. i just hope he comes back and is good to go.. cause despite my groans about him, he is a good player and the team does benefit from having him on the ice

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
people seem to think he is "breaking down" when he put it best himself..aside from the back injury..all his injuries were freak things from being hit by pucks and such..could happen to someone at age 36 or someone at age 26..doesn't matter. and even with the back thing..prongs also kind of said how no one is really sure if its something that his body has been dealing with for a while and was just a matter of time before it got to him or if its just from a freak movement of the body in a playoff game..again, could have nothing to do with his age. it could but it also couldnt.

pronger takes better care of himself than most athletes so if he is healthy, a 37 year old pronger is really more like a 33, 34 year old defenseman. i'm not too concerned as long as his back surgery proves successful. if thats the case i think he's still got 3 more good years left in him. look at lidstrom. going strong at 40, 41.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, he also seemed to indicate that at this point the hand injury is holding him back more than the back at this point.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's worth noting that Pronger has been a healthier man later in his career. He's averaged over 73 games played across his last 7 seasons and that average includes the 50 he played last season.

These injuries are an aberration. Once he's back to 100%, this will be a non-issue.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people seem to think he is "breaking down" when he put it best himself..aside from the back injury..all his injuries were freak things from being hit by pucks and such..could happen to someone at age 36 or someone at age 26..doesn't matter. and even with the back thing..prongs also kind of said how no one is really sure if its something that his body has been dealing with for a while and was just a matter of time before it got to him or if its just from a freak movement of the body in a playoff game..again, could have nothing to do with his age. it could but it also couldnt.

pronger takes better care of himself than most athletes so if he is healthy, a 37 year old pronger is really more like a 33, 34 year old defenseman. i'm not too concerned as long as his back surgery proves successful. if thats the case i think he's still got 3 more good years left in him. look at lidstrom. going strong at 40, 41.

my only concern is the back.. other stuff heals, no biggie.. and comparing lidstrom and pronger is much different.. lidstrom has one of the best defensive minds to ever play the game.. his stick is always in the passing lane and he's always in the right position.. pronger didnt make his fortune by being in position all the time or always having his stick in the way, he made it by being a hulking defensemen than hits a lot and wins battles on the board, sometimes because people didnt even want to go into the boards with him..

pronger's game takes a lot more of a toll on a body than lidstrom's does.. and if you think pronger is as good now as he was 5 years ago you're out of your mind.

True, he also seemed to indicate that at this point the hand injury is holding him back more than the back at this point.

ya i liked that point.. like i said, back concerns me more than anything else, so if his hand is causing more problems than his back i view that as a good sign

fify. Common mistake.

5 years ago pronger was great, today he is good. (as always i'm talking strictly as a player, as a leader he's still great)

I think it's worth noting that Pronger has been a healthier man later in his career. He's averaged over 73 games played across his last 7 seasons and that average includes the 50 he played last season.

These injuries are an aberration. Once he's back to 100%, this will be a non-issue.

he's been healthier because he's been less of a physical presence.. and he's been a lesser player because of it

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just 14-15 months removed from Pronger posting 18 points in 23 playoff games with a +5 rating, 36 penalty minutes and over 29 minutes of average ice time. The guy is a beast come playoff time and I'm not about to say that this has changed in any way, shape or form due to injury or anything else.

We can start grading him in April of 2012, because that is when he'll start paying huge dividends.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just 14-15 months removed from Pronger posting 18 points in 23 playoff games with a +5 rating, 36 penalty minutes and over 29 minutes of average ice time. The guy is a beast come playoff time and I'm not about to say that this has changed in any way, shape or form due to injury or anything else.

We can start grading him in April of 2012, because that is when he'll start paying huge dividends.

that's fine with me.. but that means we start him at a normal hockey player, not savior status :cool: