• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Projecting the Bolts offseason

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades:

Jonathan Drouin, Andrej Sustr and 2017 3rd round pick to Colorado for Tyson Barrie and Joe Colborne

I have a feeling that Jonathan Drouin will be moved this summer. Outside of Stamkos, Hedman and Kucherov, Drouin will generate the most return. Not only that but I still feel there are bad feelings amongest Cooper/Yzerman and Drouin, infact Drouin was part of a deal that would of sent him to St.Louis for Kevin Shattenkirk which Shattenkirk rejected.

In return the Lightning get a top 4 puckmoving defensman in Tyson Barrie who has 3 years left on his deal at $5.5 mill per year. They also get Colborne who is a very similar sort of player to Brian Boyle. He's 6"5, 220lbs, can play all 3 forward positions and play in all sitations (PP & PK), he's a nice bottom 6 versatile player.

Jason Garrison to Nashville for a 2017 3rd round pick

Nashville are looking good so far in the playoffs but I do believe they will fall up short therefore looking to improve in the summer. Nashville have a very good top 4 but lack depth behind that so they bring Garrison to be their #5 defenseman and provide insurance if one of there top 4 dmen (Josi, Subban, Ekholm & Ellis get injuried. Tampa get back a 3rd round pick which the lost in the Drouin/Barrie trade and gain some need cap space.

Matheiu Joseph and a 2018 3rd round to New Jersey for John Moore

The Lightning added one top 4 with the Barrie in the Drouin now they add another one with John Moore. Moore is coming a really good season with the Devils with 12G and 10A in 63GP and has 1 year at $1.6 mill on his deal which is very cheap for a top 4 defensman.

Pending UFA's & RFA's
Ondrej Palat signs a 6 year deal worth $31.5 million ($5.25 AAV)
Tyler Johnson signs a 5 year deal worth $23.75 million ($4.75 AAV)
Jake Dotchin signs a 2 year deal woth $2.5 million ($1.25 AAV)
Peter Budaj signs a 2 year deal worth $2 million ($1 AAV)
Luke Witkowski signs a 1 year deal worth 700K
Greg McKegg signs a year deal worth 700k

Ondrej Palat got off to a very slow start but showed down the strech what a key player he is for this team. Tyler Johnson had another injury plauged season but is a core player of this team. Dotchin really suprised a lot of people last year, certainely a diamond in the rough. Budaj was just ok for the Lightning but think he's a nice vet to have round Vasy. Witkowski is a nice character player to have in the room and provide some toughness and McKegg is a cheap extra player who you can plug in the 4th line with injuries.

Team

Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Point
Erne-Namestinkov-Callahan
Paquette-Colborne-Brown

Extras: McKegg

Hedman-Barrie
Moore-Stralman
Coburn-Dotchin

Extras: Witkoswki

Vasilevski
Budaj

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny, cheers brother! I love these predictions that you and Todd make! And I am very happy that you and your family had another great trip and experience in Florida! While D-men are very much needed, in my own opinion, I would be very surprised if Y and team trade talented offensive players for them. This team has shown me that they do not believe in D-men. I would love to see a revised edition of your prediction but this time maybe a way the Lightning free up salary and add more offensive players. I think this is the road they will go. Especially with all the injuries they had this season to offensive players, I can only imagine that Y is eating, drinking, sleeping and even making love thinking only about offensive players he can add. :trash::2cents::pound:

Now the better question is: who do you think the Red Wings add to make the playoffs next season and get their team back on track?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even know the Lightning had a following around here.

I'm actually a Rays, Lightning, Heat, and Dolphins fan, I just have the AV and teams under my name for the time being to piss off some people lol

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny, cheers brother! I love these predictions that you and Todd make! And I am very happy that you and your family had another great trip and experience in Florida! While D-men are very much needed, in my own opinion, I would be very surprised if Y and team trade talented offensive players for them. This team has shown me that they do not believe in D-men. I would love to see a revised edition of your prediction but this time maybe a way the Lightning free up salary and add more offensive players. I think this is the road they will go. Especially with all the injuries they had this season to offensive players, I can only imagine that Y is eating, drinking, sleeping and even making love thinking only about offensive players he can add. :trash::2cents::pound:

Now the better question is: who do you think the Red Wings add to make the playoffs next season and get their team back on track?

Cheers ISR! I do think Yzerman will move a forward for a top 4 defenseman, he did have a deal in place with the Blues for Shattenkirk with Drouin involved. I do think Drouin will be dealt, he's going to command a lot of money plus I don't think Cooper is a huge fan of him. Yes he can create instant offence but he had a team low -13, his play away from the puck is poor but because of his elite potential offensively he will generate a good return and net the Lightning a really good top 4 defenseman.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones?

I still don't blame the Lightning for taking Drouin before Jones. Yes defense is a big need for the bolts but back then at the draft in 2013 the Lightning need a top skilled winger to replace Marty and complement Stammer. If you think at that point (summer of 2013) Kuch wouldn't of even made his NHL debut yet. My point being yes Kucherov was talented when they selected back in 2011 but nobody really knew how good he was going to be, nevermind him be a 40 goal scorer and be arguable the team's best offensive player ahead of Stammer. My point in circumstances change and Drouin at the time fitted what the Lightning needed plus Yzerman felt he was the best player available at the pick.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Jones?
If Y would have taken Seth Jones instead of Drouin, the Lightning would not be in this mess right now. Seth has blossomed into a really good D-Man and it's very clear to me why Columbus has extended his contract to 6 years worth 32.4 million. Y has done great things for the Lightning, Danny. But let's face it, he blew that draft, period!