• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Problem Solved?

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have liked point differential as a seed or champion determiner. I always felt like, "What would a team do well and still be classy?" That's play defense. POINTS ALLOWED, IMHO, is the best tie breaker. Just my thoughts.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid anything less than a CCG is still going to impact the selection committee negatively

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid anything less than a CCG is still going to impact the selection committee negatively

I dunno, as long as the conference puts out good teams every year (and it seems to do that most years) and B12 members keep their OOC games at a good level as far as SOS I think we will be fine. Nobody has told Notre Dame that they need a 13th game (at least not yet), as long as we can keep our schedules on par with them then I think we have a good argument against having a CCG.
If the conference has a crappy year and someone gets left out (like what nearly happened with Florida State and the ACC last year) then that would suck for that team but I would understand the thinking, good team but benefitted greatly from a weak conference slate so no playoff.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, as long as the conference puts out good teams every year (and it seems to do that most years) and B12 members keep their OOC games at a good level as far as SOS I think we will be fine. Nobody has told Notre Dame that they need a 13th game (at least not yet), as long as we can keep our schedules on par with them then I think we have a good argument against having a CCG.
If the conference has a crappy year and someone gets left out (like what nearly happened with Florida State and the ACC last year) then that would suck for that team but I would understand the thinking, good team but benefitted greatly from a weak conference slate so no playoff.
All good points, hope you are right. I just wonder about what happens when ND gets selected over two Conference Champs. I would imagine the next year we would have an 8 team playoff.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points, hope you are right. I just wonder about what happens when ND gets selected over two Conference Champs. I would imagine the next year we would have an 8 team playoff.
It's going to happen one day, and agree the Butthurt will be epic.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more controversy… the better. I am a proponent of an 8 team playoff. The sooner we can get there… the happier I will be.