• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl LG Josh Sitton to be cut or traded

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand this move and mess with the o-line this close to the season.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitton still played well last year.. he tailed off towards end of year. But the move is still a head scratcher for me at this point... something must have been seen during TC with his performance and of the younger OL that he was deemed disposable.

Linsley will not start at G, he is on PUP list.

The rest of the backup O-line was horrific. Only Linsley would be a viable option after coming off the PUP. How do you feel about the RB acquisition in Pressley? His last game he had 2 TD's including a 106 yd Kick return and 33 yeard screen pass for a TD? I think he can make the 53 man Roster over Burks who was terrible on his last preseason game with a fumble and 2.3 YPC avg.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him over money or hurt feelings is a pretty bad move. Even if you had no intention in extending him beyond the season, you could have played the season out with him & possibly receive a comp when he leaves in free agency.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for NO to go a new direction. CJ, Shaw, and now Sitton all taken from us. Pace is not gonna stop either. The bears oline also is not gonna improve with this because so far they haven't done anything with all they have gotten.

We're gonna lose out to Chicago until Chicago has what they want on offense completely.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow 3 years and 21 mil for a declining, aging, obese G. Good luck with that Bears.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow 3 years and 21 mil for a declining, aging, obese G. Good luck with that Bears.
Fills a hole, no "luck" needed. And make up your mind, didn't you say above he came to camp 10-15 lbs lighter?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call being 30 for an OL all that old these days. See plenty playing at least another 5-years at a decent level. Also from what I understand he lost quite a bit of weight this off season to help with back problems and be in better shape.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fills a hole, no "luck" needed. And make up your mind, didn't you say above he came to camp 10-15 lbs lighter?

20 lbs actually but it's too little too late. I've seen his decline over the last couple years and it wasn't fun to watch. Maybe he has something left in the tank but it won't be as a top G in the league anymore.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call being 30 for an OL all that old these days. See plenty playing at least another 5-years at a decent level. Also from what I understand he lost quite a bit of weight this off season to help with back problems and be in better shape.

I never said old I said aging as in his athleticism is declining. Over the last two years he gotten progressively worse with the combination of weight, injuries, and penalties. Age is still a concern when combined with injuries. Yes he did lose a baby but I'm not sure if that will be enough to bring him back up to where we needed him to be. I wish him luck in Chi except when we play them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He chose Chicago instead of the other option of climbing in a canoe and being pushed out on the iceflow.....

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy would be a good pickup for a lot of teams, wonder who will sign him.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Bears believe bringing in Sitton will turn Cutler into an above avg QB.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting him over money or hurt feelings is a pretty bad move. Even if you had no intention in extending him beyond the season, you could have played the season out with him & possibly receive a comp when he leaves in free agency.

My guess is they chose to roll over his contract money into next season, or extend someone else this rather than take the potential compensatory pick two drafts from now. The Packers have three other current starting offensive linemen who's contracts are up at the end of the year (Lang, Bakhtiari and Tretter). Not to mention Lacy and a handful of other guys I'm sure they'd like to keep.

Sitton's back issues make him the first odd man out when the Packers would start signing free agents after this season. The front office already decided he wasn't going to be a Packer next season. Might as well use the contract money for a player that will be here next year.

Is it a popular opinion? No, and I'd rather see Sitton be a Packer this year, because he would make that O-line better. But I think it is the right choice for the future of the team.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only important factor is how much is guaranteed which I do not know... but I was surprised myself he got $7M/year.

I think Sitton will play well yet, but towards end of year probably fade, that is what happened last year... injuries are catching up with him. He rarely practiced over last 2 years so he could play on Sundays.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only important factor is how much is guaranteed which I do not know... but I was surprised myself he got $7M/year.

I think Sitton will play well yet, but towards end of year probably fade, that is what happened last year... injuries are catching up with him. He rarely practiced over last 2 years so he could play on Sundays.
10 mill was guaranteed