• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl LG Josh Sitton to be cut or traded

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it had more to do with the fact that next year they have Tretter, Lang and Bahktiari all up for contracts on the OL. They are younger than Sitton at this time so makes sense if you are going to sign somebody long-term you want the younger guy.
A very good point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitton won't be a FA for very long.

I agree which is why I would be shocked if he went to NO. Right now they have the least cap space in the entire league. So that would mean before even being able to sign Sitton they would have to renegotiate another contract with another player. Seems like right now they are trying to stop that habit and correct a lot of bad decisions cap wise over the last few years. So I just think that is one team we can completely take off the list of possible landing spots.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question is why didn't the Packers attempt to shop him before the draft for picks or something instead of nada?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuhn is good for what he does, which is a fullback. Oh and I guess you seem to forget we used to have a guy named Mike Carney. This is the same kind of player and we use them more than the packers do. He's not supposed to be a weapon he's supposed to be a blocker.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Drew restructured, we would have the cap space and he would no doubt be on this team(he and Kuhn are close). But something's going on there. This might be his last year with us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Drew restructured, we would have the cap space and he would no doubt be on this team(he and Kuhn are close). But something's going on there. This might be his last year with us.

I guess if you want to view it as that simple. There are some issues with this line of thinking...

1) This to me would run counter to what the Saints seem to be trying to do the last couple of years. They have been working hard to clean up the cap hell they have put themselves in for doing exactly what you are talking about.

2) Timing. So that means you have to get something worked out very quickly with Drew Brees if that is what he actually wants to do and then contact Sitton and start working on getting a deal done with him. Puts you most likely behind the other teams that are contacting Sitton's agent today and can actually sign him sometime today. Just doesn't seem like this is a move the Saints can do right now. I would also add that even as things stand now the Saints will still have to make a couple of roster moves just to have enough breathing room this year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice to see him on the Chargers, but there's very little chance that happens imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice to see him on the Chargers, but there's very little chance that'd happen imo.

It all depends on what he is looking for. If it is biggest contract offered then I would say at least 20-23 teams could probably get in on that bidding war. Others maybe if they make some quick roster moves. If it is scheme fit then that begins to limit some of his options combined with what kind of money he is looking for. If it is organization competing realistically for a Super Bowl then I would say that narrows it down to about 12 teams that have a shot and lowers it even more since not all those teams actually need an OG. Just have no clue what his thoughts are right now in what he is looking for.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuhn is good for what he does, which is a fullback. Oh and I guess you seem to forget we used to have a guy named Mike Carney. This is the same kind of player and we use them more than the packers do. He's not supposed to be a weapon he's supposed to be a blocker.

He blitz pick ups are fine but his run blocking not so much. GL with Kuhn. Maybe it will put the Saints over the top once again. Peace.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it looks like the Bears are getting the first visit with the Saints following.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he dare consider the Saints? So I was told

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, it's interpretation on my part with Schefter's tweet, but it's implied, imo

Even if he does not sign, my original post is still correct. I said the Saints will be all over this as LG is a huge weakness for this team and looks like they're going to make a attempt to bring him to New Orleans. I have no idea if he signs or not but I appreciate the effort

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, please let this be true. The Bears are a team that needs WAY more than just a LG. Last place in the North Division.

Ryan Pace...wasting his regime as a GM polishing a t$rd.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent OG Josh Sitton will visit the Bears.

If he leaves without a contract, his next visit will be with New Orleans. Green Bay's decision to move on from Sitton was a head-scratcher and now the division-rival Bears have a chance to hit the Packers where it hurts. The Bears are vulnerable at left guard with second-round rookie Cody Whitehair set to replace Matt Slauson. If he chooses the Bears, Si

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh was horrible last season he looked old slow, injured, fat and washed up. He came into camp 20 lbs lighter but the nagging back injuries, large contract and old age was enough for him to be cut. Pack will go with Linsley at the G position for now. I think Sitton is still good enough to start on a team, just not on a SB quality team anymore.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh was horrible last season he looked old slow, injured, fat and washed up. He came into camp 20 lbs lighter but the nagging back injuries, large contract and old age was enough for him to be cut. Pack will go with Linsley at the G position for now. I think Sitton is still good enough to start on a team, just not on a SB quality team anymore.

Sitton still played well last year.. he tailed off towards end of year. But the move is still a head scratcher for me at this point... something must have been seen during TC with his performance and of the younger OL that he was deemed disposable.

Linsley will not start at G, he is on PUP list.