• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty funny how people actually think Andrew Luck has been better than RW.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees
Brady
P Manning
Rivers
Ryan
Rodgers
Stafford
Flacco
Bridgewater
Romo
Newton
Foles
Roethlisberger

Not too hard to argue those players are better QB'S than Wilson.

Well, he did ask and you did answer. Way too easy to shoot holes, but I will pass as the lesson to be learned will take too much damn effort.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we put it another way.

If you polled every GM in football and told them Russell Wilson is now their QB and the Colts called and offered Luck for Wilson straight up in a trade, how many of them would pass on the trade? My guess is 0.

If you flip that around and they have Luck as their QB and the Seahawks called and offered Wilson straight up, how many would instantly hang up the phone, or ask "what else do we get"? My guess is all of them.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that. I agree Wilson would not win on Indy and I would take Luck over Wilson in a heartbeat although I think Wilson is excellent. However, 2 years ago the Hawks line had issues and Wilson's mobility was a key. I'm not sure if Luck could have stayed healthy all year that year.

Luck has dealt with a much worse OL during his time in Indy. They have slowly gotten a little bit better....but that first and second year they were atrocious. Seattle has been bad at times but teams don't get to pin their ears back and go after the QB in Seattle because of their run game like they do in Indy.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees
Brady
P Manning
Rivers
Ryan
Rodgers
Stafford
Flacco
Bridgewater
Romo
Newton
Foles
Roethlisberger

I doubt that any one really gives a shit about your list. I can make lists and argue whatever I want to as well, it doesn't mean that it's true

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if some of these fanboys remove their hero's nuts from their eyes and watch an actual football game.

Everyone in Minneapolis, Detroit and Chicago chucked at a Packer fan saying this. :lol:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you hypothetically give Luck Seattle's running game when Wilson is 30% of it?

So you believe that Seattle would run the same O with Luck as their QB?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that any one really gives a shit about your list. I can make lists and argue whatever I want to as well, it doesn't mean that it's true
Obviously shark cares about my list since he asked for it. Damn , you seahawk fans are sensitive.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that Seattle would run the same O with Luck as their QB?
No, of course not because Luck can't run like RW. That's pretty much why I said it makes no sense to hypothetically give Luck Seattle's running GAME as people often try to do.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone in Minneapolis, Detroit and Chicago chucked at a Packer fan saying this. :lol:

Because you see me constantly posting about Rodgers, right?

Ever since I've been a sports fan I've realized football is the ultimate team game and it takes all 11 guys on the field.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having heard all the "Romo's never won a SB" BS for the last few years I would have thought the answer to the question is obvious. Wilson has a ring, Luck does not. Arguement over.

So are you saying if you could only pick between Luck or Wilson you'd take Wilson?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we put it another way.

If you polled every GM in football and told them Russell Wilson is now their QB and the Colts called and offered Luck for Wilson straight up in a trade, how many of them would pass on the trade? My guess is 0.

If you flip that around and they have Luck as their QB and the Seahawks called and offered Wilson straight up, how many would instantly hang up the phone, or ask "what else do we get"? My guess is all of them.
That's a different discussion than the OP though.

////

No issues with someone saying Luck is/was/will be better....but please don't say it's because Indy's OL is bad or because Luck would have won with Seattle's running game.

If we did the 2012 over again with the ability to use what we know of their careers so far, I think Luck still goes #1 but Wilson is #2 overall.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you see me constantly posting about Rodgers, right?

Ever since I've been a sports fan I've realized football is the ultimate team game and it takes all 11 guys on the field.

No offense. I don't know you or how you view football or your player's. But in general no fanbase has more nuts in their eyes blocking their view of the field than Packer fan's. And again I think everyone in MPLS, Detroit and Chicago will likely agree with me for the most part.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does when you have receivers that drop every other pass and when you have zero running game.
this is so true of the players for the colts . even ty and reggie had key drops fleener is a walking dropper . allen is a run blocking te . wilson to me is a micheal vick

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different discussion than the OP though.

////

No issues with someone saying Luck is/was/will be better....but please don't say it's because Indy's OL is bad or because Luck would have won with Seattle's running game.

If we did the 2012 over again with the ability to use what we know of their careers so far, I think Luck still goes #1 but Wilson is #2 overall.
Unfortunately there are no do overs...and even then I don't think Wilson would go #2...

Wait, Washington traded for the 2nd pick, so he might have gone 2nd and nobody would be talking about Wilson now.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately there are no do overs...and even then I don't think Wilson would go #2...

Wait, Washington traded for the 2nd pick, so he might have gone 2nd and nobody would be talking about Wilson now.
Oh ok, so hypotheticals are off limits now? That should about do it then.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok, so hypotheticals are off limits now? That should about do it then.

It was a jab at Washington...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, OP, if people haven't been persuaded, they are Wilson haters. I've been over the facts hundreds of times going back to college. Look at the numbers Russ put up against the Pats throwing to a #1 WR who worked at Foot Locker and not a single WR who was drafted. Then look at what Luck did throwing to a future WR, two other 1,000 yard receivers, and his talented TE who he has worked with since college.

It's not close, but people don't want to acknowledge Russ' greatness. They can hate on, and Russ will keep winning.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees - To START a franchise?
Brady - To START a franchise?
P Manning - To START a franchise?
Rivers - Yes.
Ryan - Borderline... Lynch vs. Jones/White.
Rodgers - Yes.
Stafford - Disagree.
Flacco - Disagree.
Bridgewater - WHAT?
Romo - To START a franchise? (injury prone, 35 to start next season).
Newton - Disagree.
Foles - WHAT?
Roethlisberger - To START a franchise?

Yikes man. Glad you're not GM of my franchise.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who I'd rather have as my QB /= Which QB I'd start a franchise with.

Ah okay I misread, that's fair. My 'to start a franchise' can be moved to yes and the rest of my retort stands. Cheers!