• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 4: Pats vs Giants Gamethread

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz, I'd love to get a first round pick. But teams would have to be stupid do it. If mallet had been playing like Curt Cousins has......Woo-Hoo! But he hasn't. Washington wont trade Cousins until they know RGIII can stay healthy.

see thats the whole thing teams would be stupid to trade a first for mallett so what does that make pat fans who want to keep him and take over for brady? if hes not a first round talent at qb then why do people want to keep him? you can draft second or third round talent to be backup qbs easy and sing free agents to backup anytime. either mallett is first round talent or hes not. if he is teams would trade a first for him. if he isnt then why in the world would you want to keep him.

Last edited by a moderator:

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow just got a pat on the arm by bb saying good job. this is like al pacino in the godfather. tebow not going anywhere lol

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow 52 yrd td pass. yea he stinks! lool

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have faith SD. tebow brings good fortune to this team.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCO7f_wfGpI]Felger Hearts Tebow - YouTube[/ame]

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
int tebow. thats ok the godfather belichick likes it.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that is it for Dobson. keep him out.

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goodbye timmy don't let the door hit you on the way out

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Bolden cut...he's young, can play STs and still has an upside.

I would take Boldin over Washington and I thought Winn ran hard there is potential there.

biggest problem with dobson is he just doesnt have elite speed. cant separate from fast nfl dbs. thats probably why he didnt get drafted higher hes got everything else except 4.3 speed. ive always said you number 1 wr must have 4.3 speed on the outside.

I think he plays lazy too, IMO that throw in the corner from Mallett he made no effort on. You have to fight for everything in this league, it's not college anymore.

well mallett has earned us a first round pick in a trade this preseason imo. just a matter of time till he gets traded.

It won't be for a first rounder if it happens.

i dont get it everyone says mallett is not worth a first round pick in a trade yet nobody wants to trade him. if hes not first round talent then why wouldnt you want to trade him. a second or third round talent at qb really going to be the future of the franchise and win us sb's?

I think a second and a 4th or 5th is more likely. And the reason we don't want to trade him is there is no legit back up. Ryan is in a shitty spot and so are the Pats, NFL caliber talent, but a back up to arguably the best QB ever.

mallet destroyed tebow for the back up job

Back up was never in question, it was Malletts job to begin with.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back up was never in question, it was Malletts job to begin with.

Yeah I agree.. and Mallet was running with the 2nd string out there... Tebow was running with the 3rd and 4th trying to make the team. So Tebow is no Mallet, but having to run for your life every play will throw anyone's game off.

And before you start defending Mallet... I live in NW Arkansas and was intimately familiar with him through college... when the pocket collapses... he panics because he has those big stork legs that get rolled up on easily.. as soon as Mallet takes 3-4 hits or sacks... trust me, his gets a little less accurate and start rushing things.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree.. and Mallet was running with the 2nd string out there... Tebow was running with the 3rd and 4th trying to make the team. So Tebow is no Mallet, but having to run for your life every play will throw anyone's game off.

And before you start defending Mallet... I live in NW Arkansas and was intimately familiar with him through college... when the pocket collapses... he panics because he has those big stork legs that get rolled up on easily.. as soon as Mallet takes 3-4 hits or sacks... trust me, his gets a little less accurate and start rushing things.

Well say what you want as I said before I live in SEC Country too and watched a lot of him in college just didn't see what you saw, and he stepped up nicely into the pocket a few times last night. He has been under Tom a few years now I am sure some of those bad habits are behind him.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well say what you want as I said before I live in SEC Country too and watched a lot of him in college just didn't see what you saw, and he stepped up nicely into the pocket a few times last night. He has been under Tom a few years now I am sure some of those bad habits are behind him.

All I said was once Mallet gets pressured and knocked around... he gets happy feet and had accuracy issues. He was notorious for throwing 90 mile per hour balls at receivers 10 yards away and getting picked off deflections when he got happy feet.

He has improved a lot under Brady...

My only point was Tebow (and I am not saying he is a good NFL QB) was literally running for his life on more than a few plays where the linemen just embarrassed the O line of NE and had a full run at him. You can't blame him for those sacks and then being nervous when throwing...at one point he was at a 50% sack rate. Sure he held on to the ball too long on a couple of them and missed reads... but that is vintage Tebow.

Again, only point is... let Mallet get rocked a couple times on missed blocking assignments and have the pocket collapse that fast.. he won't be the same guy either.

I DVR'd the game and watched it again this AM... the NE line blocked pretty well when Mallet was in... he had tons of time on many passing plays. I can't say the same for Tebow... his linemen aren't going to make the team based on what I saw.. some of them were downright embarrassing...

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett looked good the last few days. He looks like one of the better backup QBs in the league right now, to me.