• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Stock

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Bengals play the Colts well and starters from both teams are in through the first half and the Bengals are staying with the Colts and Manning, do you give them as much credit as you did slamming them when they got beat the first couple games of preseason? Or do you just say, win or lose, it is just preseason, it doesn't matter?

Gresham is going to become the next Antonio Gates this year with him being targeted like 100+ times. He may not have 100 catches, but he will be targeted 100+ times. I can see him with 70+ catches.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had neck surgery. He might not be ready to start the season. They signed Kerry Collins in case he isn't ready to go.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had neck surgery. He might not be ready to start the season. They signed Kerry Collins in case he isn't ready to go.

Man, I had not heard any of this..where the hell have I been? Oh well.

It just seems everyone is looking for the bad stuff this team does, but can't give them any credit when they do something well. They have to find the bad in teh situation to point out and disregard the good done.

This last week, the bad was Carolina and having the #1 pick this last year, so anything we accomplished means nothing. But the previous two weeks, it is the standard this team is set upon. You know what I mean?

I am excited for the season, but I hold no hope of ever being a .500 team more less a playoff team. I am excited to see this young team grow together and see how they can build off their youth and speed. Maybe by next year with a year of experience from this crop of young guys, along with a few key free agents and another decent draft class..we can be right there ready to compete again as early as next year.

I do not think we will be as bad as some think though. I am predicting 5 to 6 wins.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy tends to play "vanilla ball" in week 4 of the preseason, so I predict another good practice session for Dalton and company.

Indy's backup QB, Painter, has been struggling, and since he's basically on the outs from Collins being there, I'm not sure what the colts will be doing. maybe collins will play all 4 quarters. Its a mess.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy tends to play "vanilla ball" in week 4 of the preseason, so I predict another good practice session for Dalton and company.

Indy's backup QB, Painter, has been struggling, and since he's basically on the outs from Collins being there, I'm not sure what the colts will be doing. maybe collins will play all 4 quarters. Its a mess.

This is a different preseason than any otehr though with the work stoppage. Pljus, if Manning may miss the first few weeks of the season than they need to prepare their backups now. I imagine Indy's play calling will be much less vanilla this time than any other time. However, that doesn't improve the quality of the backups our 1st string will have to face.

I just hope we can get some momentum goign itno teh regular season, even if it is against a second string Indy team. Some momentum and confidence for our very young core of players will be really important goign to Cleveland. I am just very glad our first two games are on teh road so I can see some Bengals football before it gets blacked out half the season.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to keep Dalton going so he can get into a groove. Bruce can mop up the 4th Quarter.

Collins is smart, but I doubt he knows the entire Indy playbook yet. I don't expect Painter to whip out the big Manning playbook and dissect our defense.

Our defense needs to stop the run and make some plays.

It should be about even I guess.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited for the season, but I hold no hope of ever being a .500 team more less a playoff team. I am excited to see this young team grow together and see how they can build off their youth and speed. Maybe by next year with a year of experience from this crop of young guys, along with a few key free agents and another decent draft class..we can be right there ready to compete again as early as next year.

This sounds familiar......

You should save this post and just cut and paste for next season

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to keep Dalton going so he can get into a groove. Bruce can mop up the 4th Quarter.

Collins is smart, but I doubt he knows the entire Indy playbook yet. I don't expect Painter to whip out the big Manning playbook and dissect our defense.

Our defense needs to stop the run and make some plays.

It should be about even I guess.

I disagree. I think without Manning, Indy is a lower third team in this league. I think overall, we are a much better team, but Manning is such a difference maker, that he elevates everyone on that team to another level with his play alone. Maybe the greatest of all time. The Colts would be lucky to have a .500 record since Manning has been there if they didn't have Manning.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds familiar......

You should save this post and just cut and paste for next season

I hear you, but I am really excited about some of our young players, m ore so than any other year on a rebuilding year.

I love this core of young guys...

Dalton, Green, Simpson, Shipley, Gresham, Scott, Dunlap, Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Moch, Nelson, Mays, Hall. That is a very exciting young core.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always fun to watch the young guys. I wasn't too excited about this season but the closer it gets to week 1 the more I'm trying to convince myself it's gonna be OK :)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always fun to watch the young guys. I wasn't too excited about this season but the closer it gets to week 1 the more I'm trying to convince myself it's gonna be OK :)

Oh, it won't be "ok" but I think we should remain competitive with this schedule and eek out 5 to 6 wins.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but I am really excited about some of our young players, m ore so than any other year on a rebuilding year.

I love this core of young guys...

Dalton, Green, Simpson, Shipley, Gresham, Scott, Dunlap, Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Moch, Nelson, Mays, Hall. That is a very exciting young core.

I think this is easily the least talented team we have in at least a decade.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, I had not heard any of this..where the hell have I been? Oh well.

It just seems everyone is looking for the bad stuff this team does, but can't give them any credit when they do something well. They have to find the bad in teh situation to point out and disregard the good done.

This last week, the bad was Carolina and having the #1 pick this last year, so anything we accomplished means nothing. But the previous two weeks, it is the standard this team is set upon. You know what I mean?

These are the facts:

1) Last year they won a measly 4 games.
2) They lost their QB.
3) They lost one of their best defensive players.
4) They're starting a rookie QB who was drafted in the 2nd round in an offense that is new to everyone.
5) They struggled mightily against a very good team.
6) They struggled against a middle of the pack team.

All that considered, why should we give them the benefit of the doubt just because they beat the worst team in the league last year?

That doesn't make any sense. It's beyond all reason.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think it's the least TALENTED team we've had. Green, Shipley, Dunlap, Hall, Whit, Atkins, Simpson, Gresham, Rey, Huber. We have a ton of talent, just poor coaching, and too much youth and inexperience at important positions.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree vehomently with Vance. He named a bunch of rookie and 2 year players, toast, and a punter. Make it stop.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has loads more talent and potential than some of the 90's teams, lest we forget when Jeff Query was our #1 WR option....enough said.

This game will show little to nothing. Just like all pre-season games. They show little to nothing because most teams are focusing on what THEY need to accomplish, not on whether they win some meaningless game or not. Especially with all the missed time, I think the focus more than ever this preseason has been on what each individual team has needed to focus on rather than what they can do to stop the other team (game planning) which usually occurs during the season.

Once teams start planning against the Bengals offense, and Dalton routinely sees 9 in the box to stop Benson and the running game, we'll see what he and Green are made out of, and how good a game Gruden can actually call.

This is still a 3-4 win team.