• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Schedule

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The preseason schedule is being released today at 2:15pm CST.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was looking at the schedule thinking that the Seattle game should be a good measuring stick for the Bears.

Meh… don't get me wrong. I'll be excited for the pre-season, just because it's Bears football.

However, the pre-season has never really been a good measuring stick for anything. It's pretty much proven that there's no correlation with how the regular season plays out.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the Philly game is on a Saturday night.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh… don't get me wrong. I'll be excited for the pre-season, just because it's Bears football.

However, the pre-season has never really been a good measuring stick for anything. It's pretty much proven that there's no correlation with how the regular season plays out.

:10:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that. I just want to see the DLine play, especially that third game against Seattle.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with the overall sentiment, I was at the Chicago v Charlotte pre season game last year, sat on the 50 about 15 rows up. I got a real good sense about Long just in that one game. Couple of series were right in my grill and you could see Long just stand up DT's and hold them at the line. They wouldn't budge an inch, no matter how hard they tried. This was the first indicator that Emery did well with that pick, a pick no one expected from our Bears, at least for me.

So to me, there is value in the pre season even if the games are completely meaningless.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with the overall sentiment, I was at the Chicago v Charlotte pre season game last year, sat on the 50 about 15 rows up. I got a real good sense about Long just in that one game. Couple of series were right in my grill and you could see Long just stand up DT's and hold them at the line. They wouldn't budge an inch, no matter how hard they tried. This was the first indicator that Emery did well with that pick, a pick no one expected from our Bears, at least for me.

So to me, there is value in the pre season even if the games are completely meaningless.

I just can't figure out how a fan of the game can't get excited over preseason.
While I agree the out come of those games is meaningless, there's so much to watch.
1rst of all football is back and games are being played.
Then there are all the new guys wearing a Bears uni for the 1rst time. Your first chance to see if they can play or not. Don't tell a bubble guy the preseason is meaningless.
I can't wait to see how all the new D guys play together. And how our 3rd LB spot sorts itself out.
Who's going to BU who. Will Wilson win the 3rd wr spot, or does Chris Williams emerge?
All this gets sorted out in the preseason (and mini camps). Reason enough for me to get excited.:suds: