• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PRESEASON New Year's Six Projections & College Football Playoff Projections

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason New Year's Six bowl projections ahead of the 2016 season. These are the teams expected to be among the nation's best this year.

Blessed be the day, college football season is right around the corner. Why not, then, make some preseason College Football Playoff and New Year's Six bowl projections? After all, football is what happens while you're busy making other predictions - I'm pretty sure John Lennon said that.

Orange Bowl
Orange Bowl Projection: Clemson vs. Notre Dame

Since getting absolutely obliterated by West Virginia in the 2012 Orange Bowl, Dabo Swinney and Clemson have grown quite fond of the postseason game. In 2014, after defeating Ohio State, Swinney famously quipped that his team was the first ever from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl game. Then in last year's Orange Bowl, the Tigers eviscerated an overmatched Oklahoma team in the College Football Playoff semifinals.

Now lookie lookie, who's on deck: Notre Dame. Soak it in, fans, and be sure to bring your own guts because the best game from 2015 is running it back. The Fighting Irish's quasi-ACC member situation makes for an interesting wrinkle.

Rose Bowl
Rose Bowl Projection: Michigan vs. Stanford

30 for 30
What if I told you college football's most polarizing head coach made it to the sport's most prestigious bowl in Year 2 with his alma mater?

What if I told you that coach squared off not only against his former team, but a protege who, by all intents, is just as good as his mentor?

What if I told you it was Michigan vs. Stanford in the Rose Bowl?

Sugar Bowl
Sugar Bowl Projection: Oklahoma vs. LSU

The last time Oklahoma played an unmotivated SEC team in the Sugar Bowl the Sooners waxed what may have been Nick Saban's best Alabama team. After a championship-or-bust mentality went kaput midway through the year, LSU could be tempted to sluff off in this consolation bowl game.

However, there's a separate emotional side to this one. LSU running back Leonard Fournette closes out his illustrious career (there's no way he returns for a senior season) in the city where his legend was formed. A proven stud in bowl games, Buga Nation puts on a show in front of the home crowd.

Cotton Bowl
Cotton Bowl Projection: Georgia vs. Houston

The game's top young offensive head coach, Tom Herman, takes on the game's top young defensive head coach, Kirby Smart. Houston took FSU to the woodshed last year, and Herman looks to continue college football's version of Sherman's March to the Power 5.

On the other side of things, a healthy Nick Chubb and blossoming Jacob Eason have UGA fans salivating for 2017 and dreaming of championships.

College Football Playoff
Fiesta Bowl (Semifinal No. 1)
Fiesta Bowl Projection: No. 2 Florida State vs. No. 3 Ohio State

Two ships in the night, Jimbo Fisher and Urban Meyer only faced off once while the latter was head coach at the University of Florida (a game handily won by FSU). Now they meet again, only with much greater stakes.

Maybe we're watching a Heisman Trophy winner - J.T. Barrett, Mike Weber, Deondre Francois or Dalvin Cook - push for a national championship. Hard to argue with a semi that features two of the past three national championship programs.

Peach Bowl (Semifinal No. 2)
Peach Bowl Projection: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 TCU

This is what football is all about. Nick Saban and Gary Patterson are, arguably, the sport's two brightest minds. Both have revolutionized their respective programs, and are highly respected by their peers.

It's Alabama's electric secondary against TCU's bevy of star wideouts. There's the Horned Frogs' corners working like dogs to cover Calvin Ridley and O.J. And of course Saban and Patterson counter-punching. A football nerd's dream.

College Football Playoff Title Game
CFP Title Game Projection: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 FSU

The Flora-Bama bar in Perdido Key will be the place to be on January 9, as FSU and Alabama square off for the national championship. All thoughts of these programs entering the fall with question marks under center feel like a distant memory, as they navigated the two most balanced conferences in the land. Enjoy the added wrinkle of Jeremy Pruitt coaching Alabama's defense against a club he knows very intimately - Pruitt was the defensive coordinator for FSU's 2013 national championship team.

Some Info used from Campusinsiders.com

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I'm surprised this didn't get any responses :harbaugh:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll Tide

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I'm surprised this didn't get any responses :harbaugh:
You erred by putting Bama and OSU in your playoff if you wanted responses. Those are the only 2 fan bases here who would get their panties twisted enough to respond IF you left them out. Since you put them both in you got nada. Don't worry, you'll learn this stuff lol

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Tennessee
Peach Bowl: Alabama vs. Clemson

National Championship Game: Tennessee vs. Clemson

Orange Bowl:
Florida State vs. Notre Dame
Cotton Bowl: Houston vs. Michigan
Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. Stanford
Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. TCU

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You erred by putting Bama and OSU in your playoff if you wanted responses. Those are the only 2 fan bases here who would get their panties twisted enough to respond IF you left them out. Since you put them both in you got nada. Don't worry, you'll learn this stuff lol
Are there actually tOSU fans on here who expect this incarnation of the team to be in the playoffs? I mean, don't get me wrong, I could see it happening... but I could equally see us losing 4 games..

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sugar Bowl...sweet

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there actually tOSU fans on here who expect this incarnation of the team to be in the playoffs? I mean, don't get me wrong, I could see it happening... but I could equally see us losing 4 games..
I'm with you BUT yes there are many who think they will.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Bowl:
So does LSU win the west and then lose to Tennessee and that's how Bama and Tennessee are I the playoff or do you think they will put in both SECCG participants into the playoffs no matter the results?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does LSU win the west and then lose to Tennessee and that's how Bama and Tennessee are I the playoff or do you think they will put in both SECCG participants into the playoffs no matter the results?

Bama loses at Tenn, but beats LSU to win the SECW. Tenn goes 12-0 winning the East. Both Tenn and Bama finish 12-1. I think the Pac 12, B1G winners have two losses and Tenn gets selected ahead of a 1 loss ND.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama loses at Tenn, but beats LSU to win the SECW. Tenn goes 12-0 winning the East. Both Tenn and Bama finish 12-1. I think the Pac 12, B1G winners have two losses and Tenn gets selected ahead of a 1 loss ND.
I think that in your scenario Notre Dame goes. Bigger name.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Bowl:
See that would require Tennessee to not choke while leading in the 4th quarter, and that is just something I don't think they can do.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's far from a guarantee that they make the playoff, but I'd be far more surprised if they lost 4 games. They've lost 4 games in the 4 years since Meyer has been here.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Bowl:

Too much orange...

Vqmm_f-maxage-0.gif

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason New Year's Six bowl projections ahead of the 2016 season. These are the teams expected to be among the nation's best this year.

Blessed be the day, college football season is right around the corner. Why not, then, make some preseason College Football Playoff and New Year's Six bowl projections? After all, football is what happens while you're busy making other predictions - I'm pretty sure John Lennon said that.

Orange Bowl
Orange Bowl Projection: Clemson vs. Notre Dame

Since getting absolutely obliterated by West Virginia in the 2012 Orange Bowl, Dabo Swinney and Clemson have grown quite fond of the postseason game. In 2014, after defeating Ohio State, Swinney famously quipped that his team was the first ever from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl game. Then in last year's Orange Bowl, the Tigers eviscerated an overmatched Oklahoma team in the College Football Playoff semifinals.

Now lookie lookie, who's on deck: Notre Dame. Soak it in, fans, and be sure to bring your own guts because the best game from 2015 is running it back. The Fighting Irish's quasi-ACC member situation makes for an interesting wrinkle.

Rose Bowl
Rose Bowl Projection: Michigan vs. Stanford

30 for 30
What if I told you college football's most polarizing head coach made it to the sport's most prestigious bowl in Year 2 with his alma mater?

What if I told you that coach squared off not only against his former team, but a protege who, by all intents, is just as good as his mentor?

What if I told you it was Michigan vs. Stanford in the Rose Bowl?

Sugar Bowl
Sugar Bowl Projection: Oklahoma vs. LSU

The last time Oklahoma played an unmotivated SEC team in the Sugar Bowl the Sooners waxed what may have been Nick Saban's best Alabama team. After a championship-or-bust mentality went kaput midway through the year, LSU could be tempted to sluff off in this consolation bowl game.

However, there's a separate emotional side to this one. LSU running back Leonard Fournette closes out his illustrious career (there's no way he returns for a senior season) in the city where his legend was formed. A proven stud in bowl games, Buga Nation puts on a show in front of the home crowd.

Cotton Bowl
Cotton Bowl Projection: Georgia vs. Houston

The game's top young offensive head coach, Tom Herman, takes on the game's top young defensive head coach, Kirby Smart. Houston took FSU to the woodshed last year, and Herman looks to continue college football's version of Sherman's March to the Power 5.

On the other side of things, a healthy Nick Chubb and blossoming Jacob Eason have UGA fans salivating for 2017 and dreaming of championships.

College Football Playoff
Fiesta Bowl (Semifinal No. 1)
Fiesta Bowl Projection: No. 2 Florida State vs. No. 3 Ohio State

Two ships in the night, Jimbo Fisher and Urban Meyer only faced off once while the latter was head coach at the University of Florida (a game handily won by FSU). Now they meet again, only with much greater stakes.

Maybe we're watching a Heisman Trophy winner - J.T. Barrett, Mike Weber, Deondre Francois or Dalvin Cook - push for a national championship. Hard to argue with a semi that features two of the past three national championship programs.

Peach Bowl (Semifinal No. 2)
Peach Bowl Projection: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 TCU

This is what football is all about. Nick Saban and Gary Patterson are, arguably, the sport's two brightest minds. Both have revolutionized their respective programs, and are highly respected by their peers.

It's Alabama's electric secondary against TCU's bevy of star wideouts. There's the Horned Frogs' corners working like dogs to cover Calvin Ridley and O.J. And of course Saban and Patterson counter-punching. A football nerd's dream.

College Football Playoff Title Game
CFP Title Game Projection: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 FSU

The Flora-Bama bar in Perdido Key will be the place to be on January 9, as FSU and Alabama square off for the national championship. All thoughts of these programs entering the fall with question marks under center feel like a distant memory, as they navigated the two most balanced conferences in the land. Enjoy the added wrinkle of Jeremy Pruitt coaching Alabama's defense against a club he knows very intimately - Pruitt was the defensive coordinator for FSU's 2013 national championship team.

Some Info used from Campusinsiders.com
Bump... because this preseason prediction was WAY OFF