• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Grades - So far..

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Norv is still the head coach so the Chargers will get an F at the end of the year.

They keep winning that division. The talent on that team keeps saving his job. To be honest, they really should have won a Super Bowl in the last few years with the rosters that they've had.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updating the Steelers to a B for offense (can't shake week 1) and an A for defense, considering weeks 1 and 2. This is mainly based on the first and second teams. The third teams did well too.

An A for defense? I like the Steelers a lot but they gave up a ton of yards to Rex Grossman and the Redskins in Week 1. That can't really be ignored. I would give them a B through two games.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An A for defense? I like the Steelers a lot but they gave up a ton of yards to Rex Grossman and the Redskins in Week 1. That can't really be ignored. I would give them a B through two games.

I factored in some of the guys that missed the Skins game. Namely 43.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I factored in some of the guys that missed the Skins game. Namely 43.

True, but unfortunately recent history indicates you may have to factor him missing or not being 100% for 3-4 games this season as well.

A few fearless predictions for the coming seson from my eyes, as a Redskins fan living in Pittsburgh who really really likes the Steelers and watch and follow them as much as I can.

Keenan Lewis will surprise some people this year. He seems to have his reads down a lot better than last season and I think he may end up as a starter by the end of the season.

Jason Worilds will see a lot of playing time with Harrison being a bit banged up, and will make Steelers fans feel comfortable with life after Harrison.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but unfortunately recent history indicates you may have to factor him missing or not being 100% for 3-4 games this season as well.

A few fearless predictions for the coming seson from my eyes, as a Redskins fan living in Pittsburgh who really really likes the Steelers and watch and follow them as much as I can.

Keenan Lewis will surprise some people this year. He seems to have his reads down a lot better than last season and I think he may end up as a starter by the end of the season.

Jason Worilds will see a lot of playing time with Harrison being a bit banged up, and will make Steelers fans feel comfortable with life after Harrison.

I'm already comfortable with life after Harrison based on the coaching staff. Once DL retires, then I'll be worried.

I do agree about Keenan Lewis too.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep winning that division. The talent on that team keeps saving his job. To be honest, they really should have won a Super Bowl in the last few years with the rosters that they've had.

They went to Cincy last year in a must win game & laid an egg. We aren't talking about Pittsburgh here. We're talking about the Bengals. Norv's teams play soft. He's so blah it makes me sick. There are times when I think Rivers is the only guy out their who wants to kick some ass.

I know Landry was mild mannered on the sideline but, the man was a football genius. I mean he created the 4-3 defense. He implemented the shotgun when nobody else did it.

Norv was at the right place at the right time & should be calling Jimmy Johnson everyday to thank him for all the opportunities he's received.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way they got fantasy owners everywhere freaking out about Adrian Foster's injury.:D:

Besides the only reason the 49ers have a QB in the lineup is so he can hand the ball off to Gore.:bounce:

How long until they just snap it straight to him in the wild cat? Haha.

Harbaugh must be bombing it to get Andrew Luck next year. I can't figure out why he went with Smith without seeking anyone like Kolb, Hasselbeck or McNabb in the offseason. I really like Smith, but he's not in a position where he'll help that team. ;)

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way they got fantasy owners everywhere freaking out about Adrian Foster's injury.:D:

Besides the only reason the 49ers have a QB in the lineup is so he can hand the ball off to Gore.:bounce:

Assuming Gore is still there when the season Starts. I know the Niners are the new Bucs (cheap and making a profit) but the Niners have to Outscore teams to win in 2010, I would make every Offensive player very happy, not the other way around...

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niners game 3

Offense: D-
Defense: C-
ST: C-

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Gore is still there when the season Starts. I know the Niners are the new Bucs (cheap and making a profit) but the Niners have to Outscore teams to win in 2010, I would make every Offensive player very happy, not the other way around...

I have Gore on my fantasy team. I'm a bit concerned. They might be battling it out with Washington for Luck this year.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first 3 preseason games for the Titans, I'll say....

Offense B
Defense B-
Special teams C

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first 3 preseason games for the Titans, I'll say....

Offense B
Defense B-
Special teams C

It'll be interesting to see how that O grade is impacted if Chris Johnson plays. Is he really that good or is he in a good situation?

bobes89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try and be objective for my Lions:

Offense: B+
Defense: B+

They've obliterated the Bengals and Pats, but had a few hiccups against the Browns.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try and be objective for my Lions:

Offense: B+
Defense: B+

They've obliterated the Bengals and Pats, but had a few hiccups against the Browns.

Lions look good. I'd love to see them take the division in the next couple of years. This year can even happen.

bobes89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions look good. I'd love to see them take the division in the next couple of years. This year can even happen.

God I hope so. I'm trying to hold back my enthusiasm because of all the disappointments in the past decade. I've got to stop drinking this honolulu blue kool-aid.

But damn we do look good.