• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Grades - So far..

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the grades that you would assign to each team based off of their preseason performance thus far?

Mine, based off of Thursday the 12th:

Philly - Offense B+ Defense A
Seattle - Offense C+ Defense B-
Arizona - Offense B- Defense C
New England - Offense A+ Defense B
Dallas - Offense B Defense B+ (Mainly due to McGee)
Denver - Offense C- Defense C+
Jacksonville - Offense C- Defense D
Oakland - Offense C+ Defense C-
San Diego - Offense B- Defense C+
Baltimore - Offense C Defense B+ (The offense probably looked bad due to the Eagles defense clicking)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henne sucks... I can't believe Moore is better. With that said, I stopped following the game after the Phins went down 17-0, and we came back and won surprisingly. Oh yea, cause Henne was pulled.

After one game... a C overall.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, Chero. Preseason games don't mean much usually, and that goes double for the first and I think double again right now. Nobody wants to get hurt due to lack of conditioning, half the teams don't play their starters more than one series, and anyone who is a rookie or new FA has had near-zero experience with the team's playbook. I'm not saying you can't say anything about a team from its preseason showing, but to me it's more a way to find the things a team does wrong than a demonstration of what their opponents do right.

That said, New England is apparently all set in case their starters ever get into an extremely unlikely but plausible set of car accidents. On to plan B then.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, Chero. Preseason games don't mean much usually, and that goes double for the first and I think double again right now. Nobody wants to get hurt due to lack of conditioning, half the teams don't play their starters more than one series, and anyone who is a rookie or new FA has had near-zero experience with the team's playbook. I'm not saying you can't say anything about a team from its preseason showing, but to me it's more a way to find the things a team does wrong than a demonstration of what their opponents do right.

That said, New England is apparently all set in case their starters ever get into an extremely unlikely but plausible set of car accidents. On to plan B then.

Exactly the point of the thread. I think we can all agree on most of the top contenders in the league. The difference here is to see who put the work in to start the season off effectively.

I was a little disappointed that the Steelers started pulling starters after the first series. It would have been helpful to leave the starters in at least for the first quarter, not to mention exciting. I get the whole 'no one was significantly injured' upside, but I'd like to see the starters get enough reps to fully gel by week 1.

Steelers - Offense C- Defense C+

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers

D = B+
O = D-
ST = C-

That offense wasn't exactly clicking, but I really think that a consistent run game will pull that up to a B or B- by the end of preseason.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That offense wasn't exactly clicking, but I really think that a consistent run game will pull that up to a B or B- by the end of preseason.

Haha, not exactly clicking is right! I certainly hope you are correct about the end of pre-season grade. I was/am hoping for a solid B to B+ on the passing side this year to go with a similar grade on the rush side - still time, though.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, not exactly clicking is right! I certainly hope you are correct about the end of pre-season grade. I was/am hoping for a solid B to B+ on the passing side this year to go with a similar grade on the rush side - still time, though.

Well, there's always the chance that the rest of the division fails worse. Kolb and Bradford are considered the top competition, and that's not a high bar to reach for. 8-8 could do it!

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updating the Steelers to a B for offense (can't shake week 1) and an A for defense, considering weeks 1 and 2. This is mainly based on the first and second teams. The third teams did well too.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the grades that you would assign to each team based off of their preseason performance thus far?

Mine, based off of Thursday the 12th:

Philly - Offense B+ Defense A
Seattle - Offense C+ Defense B-
Arizona - Offense B- Defense C
New England - Offense A+ Defense B
Dallas - Offense B Defense B+ (Mainly due to McGee)
Denver - Offense C- Defense C+
Jacksonville - Offense C- Defense D
Oakland - Offense C+ Defense C-
San Diego - Offense B- Defense C+
Baltimore - Offense C Defense B+ (The offense probably looked bad due to the Eagles defense clicking)

I have been at the mercy of the hotel tv listings , jacksonville last week, miami this week, i have seen the pats twice, but rothlesberger/pitt, and brady and the pats overall, both looked sharp, vick and philly, the jags, the phins, the chefs, and the bucs, i give them all a C, lots of work to do. this is an unusual preseason, with the lockout, no ota's, minimal camp, teams that are in good shape now should be at an advantage.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans offense = C (but not a lot of starters playing)

Texans defense = B- (but that's a HUGE improvement)

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans offense = C (but not a lot of starters playing)

Texans defense = B- (but that's a HUGE improvement)

I really hope that they do well. That really is a quality organization with great fans. Miss those Oilers days.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

So, are you a Prophet? Not that last night is a harbinger for the rest of the pre-season, but 241 yards rushing minus two kneel-downs is a nice start! So, what do you see in your crystal ball for us this week, Mr. Wizard?

Last edited by a moderator:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans (1-1) W vs Vikings, 14-3. L @ Rams, 17-16.

Offense - C (running game has been really good, though)
Defense - B+