• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 2 thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII got hurt? That sucks.

Good news is he plays Suh and the Dolphins week 1. Safe to say, RG3 won't last long this year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zenner looks good. Cut Bell to make room for this guy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Moore takes a 20 yard sack on his first play in the game.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt get to see the second half yet. I will watch tonight. The only other comments I have on the first half is that there were too many penalties. Also, I figured out why Terry Hyder was in the game. Caraun Reid got hurt early on. Now owrd yet on how bad, but it probably was not too bad as noone saw it happen.

Our backup OTs did not look great either. Penalties as I mentioned and sacks/pressures. ZZ looked good again and so did our rookie FB. Ross was better and Fuller was worse.

I will come back when I see the second half.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt get to see the second half yet. I will watch tonight. The only other comments I have on the first half is that there were too many penalties. Also, I figured out why Terry Hyder was in the game. Caraun Reid got hurt early on. Now owrd yet on how bad, but it probably was not too bad as noone saw it happen.

Our backup OTs did not look great either. Penalties as I mentioned and sacks/pressures. ZZ looked good again and so did our rookie FB. Ross was better and Fuller was worse.

I will come back when I see the second half.

I didn't think the back ups looked too good. Don Carey especially got torched a few times by Colt McCoy.

Story of last week was Abdullah.

Story this week is how awful RG3 is.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story this week is how awful RG3 is.

I'm not sure if RG3 is to blame. The Redskins OL was embarrassed by the Detroit Lions DL. His WR's didn't even have a chance to run a route.

I was shocked the Redskins even brought him back out after the 1st 2 series. He was a sitting duck.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit watching when it was 10-0 and they pulled the starters out. Did anyone on the Lions standout? I read something about Zenner looking good.

After not watching basically any of the 1st game -- I watched a couple of the drives for Detroit. Stafford looked pretty good, sans one pass. Tate looked great, as usual. Ebron actually looked great on the one route I watched him run -- he easily got separation on the safety covering him -- I know the hit he took had to hurt, but he seemed unfazed by it.

OL looked like they were giving stafford time to throw, which if that is the case, Detroit is going to be really tough to stop when Calvin starts playing. Not a lot of holes to run through for the RB's, but it was Riddick who I saw carry the majority of the time.

Overall -- extremely impressed with the Lions 1st string defense, especially the pressure of the front 4. That is where I thought we'd miss Suh the most. Granted it was against the Redskins, but it was still nice to see and it wasn't just one guy getting in, it was all different guys getting at the QB. That Cujo guy or whatever his name is -- RG III didn't even finish his drop back and he had his hands on him already. Very impressed.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit watching when it was 10-0 and they pulled the starters out. Did anyone on the Lions standout? I read something about Zenner looking good.

After not watching basically any of the 1st game -- I watched a couple of the drives for Detroit. Stafford looked pretty good, sans one pass. Tate looked great, as usual. Ebron actually looked great on the one route I watched him run -- he easily got separation on the safety covering him -- I know the hit he took had to hurt, but he seemed unfazed by it.

OL looked like they were giving stafford time to throw, which if that is the case, Detroit is going to be really tough to stop when Calvin starts playing. Not a lot of holes to run through for the RB's, but it was Riddick who I saw carry the majority of the time.

Overall -- extremely impressed with the Lions 1st string defense, especially the pressure of the front 4. That is where I thought we'd miss Suh the most. Granted it was against the Redskins, but it was still nice to see and it wasn't just one guy getting in, it was all different guys getting at the QB. That Cujo guy or whatever his name is -- RG III didn't even finish his drop back and he had his hands on him already. Very impressed.

What I'm seeing is a lot of good stuff from the starters. Tate is really hard to stop no matter where he is. If CJ is 100 percent, it could be big trouble for defenses. I also noticed that in both games the offense is looking for those 5-10 yard come-back routes against guys who are single covered. I read that was one of the things they've worked on a lot in practice.

They're not going to show much of what they have planned for CJ, Ebron and Abdullah.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I know most here hate Staff but that dude puts the ball on a guy quickly. Some of those passes he threw were crazy.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched the rest of the game. Uninspiring 2nd half. I do not even recognize half the guys out there.

Dan O actually looked like a real QB (I am choking on my own bile typing that). Moore looks like he has regressed this year. Want to see more of GG but will most likely have to wait for the last preseason game.

Backup Safeties looked soft. Van Noy is still lost. Cudjo had another good game. Backup O-line is not terrible but not as good as last week. Zenner still looks awesome. Burton did too. Ross is stepping up (kill me now) big time.

2s and 3s did not play that well overall. Cant complain too much as they wont be on the field much once the season starts.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker overpursued again and got trapped. Needs to work on that for sure. On the bright side, he is beating singles blockers on every play. Blew that last whole drive with a huge strip sack.
Totally agree. He looks like a beast with the bull rush, but he's gotta learn his responsibilities a bit better still so he doesn't get washed out on run plays like we've been seeing.

Definitely looked a lot better this week than he did against the Jets, though. He was firing off the ball much fast, imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the only place he could have put it because of the rush. Not ideal but should have been caught. That's 2 drops for Fuller already. Tate and Ebron look sharp though.
That's not a drop on Fuller, man. No way. That ball was well off target. He almost made a circus catch to bring it in, so that wouldn't be considered to be the receiver's fault, imo.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. He looks like a beast with the bull rush, but he's gotta learn his responsibilities a bit better still so he doesn't get washed out on run plays like we've been seeing.

Definitely looked a lot better this week than he did against the Jets, though. He was firing off the ball much fast, imo.

Agreed. I am happy we have the Cudjo guy for depth though. He has been good against both run and pass. With the injuries they will need to carry 5 in the middle.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a drop on Fuller, man. No way. That ball was well off target. He almost made a circus catch to bring it in, so that wouldn't be considered to be the receiver's fault, imo.

Its not his fault but he still has to adjust his route to the throw. If the ball is behind you then slow down and use your size to shield the ball. He almost let that get picked off because he ran through it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I am happy we have the Cudjo guy for depth though. He has been good against both run and pass. With the injuries they will need to carry 5 in the middle.
I wouldn't normally be a fan of carrying a 5th DT, but I don't see how we can cut this Cudjo guy with as well as he's been playing this offseason. And he's a veteran to boot, so it's less likely that he's just a nobody rookie flashing in camp- he should be able to sustain his level of play as a rotational DT. Keeping him would give us the ability to use Gabe Wright sparingly and put him in good situations only.

I'd keep Cudjo, Taylor Boggs, or Corey Wooton in a heartbeat over Kellen Moore at this point. Get Graham on the practice squad and let him function as our 3rd QB this season.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not his fault but he still has to adjust his route to the throw. If the ball is behind you then slow down and use your size to shield the ball. He almost let that get picked off because he ran through it.
With the zip Stafford puts on the passes he had no chance to slow down on that one- he was only ten yards down the field. I agree with you that the WR has to adjust when and where he can, but that one was at least 90% on Stafford from what I saw...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the zip Stafford puts on the passes he had no chance to slow down on that one- he was only ten yards down the field. I agree with you that the WR has to adjust when and where he can, but that one was at least 90% on Stafford from what I saw...

Wait till Yao reads this...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Yao reads this...
Haha, I'm (obviously) a big Stafford supporter. But that particular throw was simply off-target. No big deal, though, it happens. I'll take a missed throw here or there. Could be far worse- we could be stuck with Alex Smith. He leads all QBs in not throwing TDs to a WR over the course of a full season over the last one years.