• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 2 At Patriots

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots beat the Eagles 42-35

The good:

Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez were stellar, they led the offense well and it was nice to see them play well - also the pick six by Cary Williams was nice too - I liked the way the running backs played, the Eagles definitely have a lot of depth at that position

The bad:

Obviously the defense did not do well, especially Curtis Marsh - why the Eagles still insist on playing him, I'm not sure why, he can't cut it in the NFL - the pass rush is important too, they're going to need that going forward and they haven't gotten it so far - also the injuries in this game(Cary Williams, Josh Huff) didn't help either - hopefully those guys are okay - and Alex Henery missed a 47 yard FG in this game, I'm surprised the Eagles didn't get help at kicker this offseason, to me, that could be a weak spot on the team if this keeps up

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots beat the Eagles 42-35

The good:

Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez were stellar, they led the offense well and it was nice to see them play well - also the pick six by Cary Williams was nice too - I liked the way the running backs played, the Eagles definitely have a lot of depth at that position

The bad:

Obviously the defense did not do well, especially Curtis Marsh - why the Eagles still insist on playing him, I'm not sure why, he can't cut it in the NFL - the pass rush is important too, they're going to need that going forward and they haven't gotten it so far - also the injuries in this game(Cary Williams, Josh Huff) didn't help either - hopefully those guys are okay - and Alex Henery missed a 47 yard FG in this game, I'm surprised the Eagles didn't get help at kicker this offseason, to me, that could be a weak spot on the team if this keeps up

Alex Henery, the Andy Reid gift that keeps on giving.

I was ok with the pass rush. Graham looked like he is adapting well to the role change. Allen is continuing to impress me, a guy with his size having the motor he does is encouraging. You can tell Curry is killing himself to try and find his place. I'm starting to really like our front 7.

Our backs however..... Marsh played like dog shit the entire first half. Boykin disappointed greatly after being moved to the outside, which suprised me because I think of him as our best cover corner. Fletcher looked good, probably because they didnt throw his way as they did whatever they wanted with Marsh.

Bold prediction for the season: Chip Kelly leaves the team in December when his college suspension is lifted.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Henery, the Andy Reid gift that keeps on giving.

I was ok with the pass rush. Graham looked like he is adapting well to the role change. Allen is continuing to impress me, a guy with his size having the motor he does is encouraging. You can tell Curry is killing himself to try and find his place. I'm starting to really like our front 7.

Our backs however..... Marsh played like dog shit the entire first half. Boykin disappointed greatly after being moved to the outside, which suprised me because I think of him as our best cover corner. Fletcher looked good, probably because they didnt throw his way as they did whatever they wanted with Marsh.

Bold prediction for the season: Chip Kelly leaves the team in December when his college suspension is lifted.

Marsh was an embarrassment. IMO Cary Williams pick six was the only good play by Philadelphia throughout the entire 1st quarter. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration - I tend to focus heavily on the negatives. But this is two straight weeks of our pass defense getting picked apart by the opponent's 1st team QB. It feels ominous.

And it was frustrating to see Momah fumble on the very first offensive play. That made three straight turnovers by the starting offense this preseason. They better get their shit together before Week 1.

Otherwise I don't have much to say after this Pats/Eagles game. All of the heavy-handed officiating made the game brutally boring to watch. I had to turn it off shortly into the 2nd quarter. I really don't agree with all of these ricky-tacky "illegal contact" calls. Wide receivers are larger and more physical than ever before, and defensive backs aren't allowed to touch them? It doesn't make any sense to me. I need to watch a Seahawks game; I'm curious how the Legion of Boom is adapting to these rule changes.

Not to mention I somehow got stuck watching the opposing team's local broadcast for the 2nd straight week in a row. At least the New England local broadcasters didn't feel as homer biased as the Chicago local broadcasters. Next time I'm putting the TV on mute and turning on Merrill Reese. I should have done that the last two weeks but the thought hadn't occurred to me until right now.

Only saving grace that I can find is that Jordan Matthews walked away with 9 receptions, 100+ yards. Sadly I turned the game off too early to have seen that.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marsh was an embarrassment. IMO Cary Williams pick six was the only good play by Philadelphia throughout the entire 1st quarter. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration - I tend to focus heavily on the negatives. But this is two straight weeks of our pass defense getting picked apart by the opponent's 1st team QB. It feels ominous.

And it was frustrating to see Momah fumble on the very first offensive play. That made three straight turnovers by the starting offense this preseason. They better get their shit together before Week 1.

Otherwise I don't have much to say after this Pats/Eagles game. All of the heavy-handed officiating made the game brutally boring to watch. I had to turn it off shortly into the 2nd quarter. I really don't agree with all of these ricky-tacky "illegal contact" calls. Wide receivers are larger and more physical than ever before, and defensive backs aren't allowed to touch them? It doesn't make any sense to me. I need to watch a Seahawks game; I'm curious how the Legion of Boom is adapting to these rule changes.

Not to mention I somehow got stuck watching the opposing team's local broadcast for the 2nd straight week in a row. At least the New England local broadcasters didn't feel as homer biased as the Chicago local broadcasters. Next time I'm putting the TV on mute and turning on Merrill Reese. I should have done that the last two weeks but the thought hadn't occurred to me until right now.

Only saving grace that I can find is that Jordan Matthews walked away with 9 receptions, 100+ yards. Sadly I turned the game off too early to have seen that.

You should be slapped for not having gone to Merril and Mike in the first place.:boxing:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matthews was unstoppable. You missed a good show.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews was unstoppable. You missed a good show.

Given that the flags have been flying at almost double the rate of last years preseason, these games have become quite unwatchable even by preseason standards.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that the flags have been flying at almost double the rate of last years preseason, these games have become quite unwatchable even by preseason standards.

I doubt the refs will be calling things this tight come week 1 - they'll start to realize when the games are like this in the regular season that they need to back off - they're trying to set a precedent now that maybe the players will lay off but usually that doesn't work - this is just a power play by Roger Goodell to show who's the boss

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the refs will be calling things this tight come week 1 - they'll start to realize when the games are like this in the regular season that they need to back off - they're trying to set a precedent now that maybe the players will lay off but usually that doesn't work - this is just a power play by Roger Goodell to show who's the boss

Possibly. And there's always a bit of a let off come regular season, but it would have to be one hell of a let off.

According to Chip, these are the new rules that are being called, so there may not be as much of a let up as we hope.

Which is going to kill our DB's given their physical nature of play. Add that to them not being very good to begin with as a group, in FF I would use a rotating QB system and just use whatever QB is playing us that week. I hope I am wrong, but things sure are shaping up that way.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. And there's always a bit of a let off come regular season, but it would have to be one hell of a let off.

According to Chip, these are the new rules that are being called, so there may not be as much of a let up as we hope.

Which is going to kill our DB's given their physical nature of play. Add that to them not being very good to begin with as a group, in FF I would use a rotating QB system and just use whatever QB is playing us that week. I hope I am wrong, but things sure are shaping up that way.

I just think that Chip is trying to set the precedent to his team to play within whatever the rules are - whatever they are, that's how the team needs to play

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think that Chip is trying to set the precedent to his team to play within whatever the rules are - whatever they are, that's how the team needs to play

I hope we see a letup on the flags come regular season. The games are unwatchable the way they are being officiated. If I hear baldy saying this is how the coaches want it one more time i'm going to throw my tv out the window.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we see a letup on the flags come regular season. The games are unwatchable the way they are being officiated. If I hear baldy saying this is how the coaches want it one more time i'm going to throw my tv out the window.

Agreed - these games have been crap - it's preseason so that's part of it but there's no flow whatsoever in these games

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard too really get a feel during preason

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't take all the flags. It's like watching paint dry watching these games.