• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Decided to rewatch the 1st two offensive drives and key in on Looney since a lot of people said he had a bad game and ultimately I thought he was just ok in there.

In general I though he played too high on a lot of plays and he only really had two plays that I thought were bad.

The 3rd and 1 in the RZ he completely blew his block along with Kilgore who got swam over both caused the play to get stuff. On a side note I do think we need to run some more play action in those spots because everyone who is watching the game knows whats coming and defense sell out to stop the run up the middle.

And he had a lousy block in pass pro that ultimately didn't wind up hurting the play but would've if Gabbert held on to the ball 1 second longer.

There were other factors that seemed to caused the run plays to the right to not be as successful as the left and it wasn't just because of Looney and Martin.

Also if Iupati wants to get paid this offseason he really needs to be better in pass pro. There is a chance it could've been Kilgore's fault but that play Kap drew the roughing the passer penalty can't happen.