• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prescott vs. Winning / Losing Teams / Stats

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that was my point. I have watched the Cowboys for 40 plus years and never seen a trio of LBs supposedly as good as these. I know the NFL has changed over 20 yrs, but the CB depth is as good as it has been - although I did like the 2008 set of CBs - Newman, Henry, Pac Man. The Dline rotates a lot now but seems to have 3 really good pass rushers with the addition of Bennett. The OLine is stacked with first and second round talent. Now Williams is hurt though, but Looney, X, Fleming have all played a lot of football. Our WRs and backs are strong. We have a top 10 QB, if not top 5. That leaves our TEs and Safeties. We are average to below there. All that and we are 6-6.

Best talent doesn’t mean best team.
Maybe the talent has been overrated.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to obsess about “what if’s” back in the day. Finally stopped as I got older but the list still exists.
  • What if Frank Clarke had be in on 4th down instead of Bob Hayes in the 66 championship game?
  • What if Craig Morton hadn’t hit Mike Curtis square in the hands in Super Bowl 5.
  • What if Fred Swearingen hadn’t called PI on Benny Barnes in Super Bowl XIII?
  • What if Dwight Clark had just been mortal?
  • What if Jimmy Johnson has stayed... and Jerry had left him alone?
  • And... what if Patrick Clayton had caught those two passes?

That 2007 team was a kick in the nuts.
If only ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. You can't possibly think this team is talented as the 2007 one. It has nothing to do with how teams are constructed now. Just use your own two eyes!! That 2007 team would beat this 6-6 team easily. This defense would get killed.

Talent- yes this team has more IMO
Team - no not as good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. You can't possibly think this team is talented as the 2007 one. It has nothing to do with how teams are constructed now. Just use your own two eyes!! That 2007 team would beat this 6-6 team easily. This defense would get killed.

What I meant by constructed is we played a 3-4 defense back then.

Can you imagine Bradie James or Akin Adele trying to cover RBs on wheel routes.? Jacque Reeves covering slot WRs ??? Roy Williams trying to cover TEs these days??

The 2007 team had a huge injury that went unnoticed back then and always has. We had this monster anchor that we stuck right in the middle of the Dline. His name was Jason Ferguson. He got hurt the first game of the year. It really hurt the run defense. Ratliff ended up being a good player but he was a little light for that spot.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll add my 2 cents. Since I’m pretty much drunk and my team won. I believe this Cowboys team has the very best offensive talent in the league, and not too bad on defense. I think a healthy Romo would be very competitive. Baltimore seems to have the sb locked up. Can’t count the dark lord out though

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll add my 2 cents. Since I’m pretty much drunk and my team won. I believe this Cowboys team has the very best offensive talent in the league, and not too bad on defense. I think a healthy Romo would be very competitive. Baltimore seems to have the sb locked up. Can’t count the dark lord out though
No once asked for your two cents. Here's your refund, skins still suck.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No once asked for your two cents. Here's your refund, skins still suck.

no one asked but I’m giving it, so it’ll cost you double mf’r

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a frustrating year to be a COWBOY fan.
Looking at this team's so called talent level, it's hard to justify this team being 6-6

BUT having said that.......
The PR, before the year was.......better defense....great line backing core.....DBs are gonna be better.
NO......that was BS
Could it be, the defensive scheme is holding the defense back?
Or maybe the players just aren't that good?
The Vikings, RAN THE BALL vs. DALLAS, 10 consecutive plays for a total of 56 yards and a TD. How can that happen?
The defense has allowed 106 yards rushing per game.
The COWBOYS defense has just 4 picks.......dead last in the NFL.

The offense looks great going up and down the field.......but there has been three games the COWBOYS haven't scored 20 points. The COWBOYS lost four games by a combined total of 12 points. COACHING

Jerry Jones hired another coach for "on the job training". Kellen Moore has never been an O coordinator. And Garrett was hired never being a head coach. And Jerry Jones has never been a GM either...So, it's a perfect trifecta.

The NFC LEAST should be easy to win.........
I keep waiting for the COWBOY'S team to gain traction and become really good. (Washington Nationals part 2)
But maybe the COWBOYS are only hype......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better. You should have opened with that

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The losses have been a team effort. Dak certainly could play better. He held the ball way too long against the Bills. The main issues I see is the defense is among the worst at creating turnovers. Cowboys offense rarely has a short field and seem to start at their 15 yard line way too often.

Then we probably have the worst special teams in the NFL which is putting both the offense and defense in bad field position. I dont remember seeing our special teams this bad. This special teams is a bad joke

The game thursday night is a must win game. The remaining games are must win.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The losses have been a team effort. Dak certainly could play better. He held the ball way too long against the Bills. The main issues I see is the defense is among the worst at creating turnovers. Cowboys offense rarely has a short field and seem to start at their 15 yard line way too often.

Then we probably have the worst special teams in the NFL which is putting both the offense and defense in bad field position. I dont remember seeing our special teams this bad. This special teams is a bad joke

The game thursday night is a must win game. The remaining games are must win.
We have got to beat the hapless Bears.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have got to beat the hapless Bears.
This could be a low scoring game. The Bears offense is not scoring much. The Bears defense is stout and they create turnovers. Cowboys offense cant take a bunch of chances or they will turn the ball over. I think they need to get Pollard and Cobb heavily involved in a short passing game more than normal and let them take advantage of the Bears aggressive defense. Dak holding on to the ball waiting for the big play is not going to work against this defense

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a low scoring game. The Bears offense is not scoring much. The Bears defense is stout and they create turnovers. Cowboys offense cant take a bunch of chances or they will turn the ball over. I think they need to get Pollard and Cobb heavily involved in a short passing game more than normal and let them take advantage of the Bears aggressive defense. Dak holding on to the ball waiting for the big play is not going to work against this defense
I say give the ball to Zeke.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is the straw that stirs the drink for the Cowboys. When Zeke is rolling the Cowboys are at their best.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thursday against the Bears proved once again that Dak and these Cowboys can’t beat winning teams and that Dak picks up his yards against good teams in garbage time. Leads the league in passing and ended up with 300 yards versus Bears but through 2 1/2 quarters when the game was still in doubt, Dak like the Cowboys was not very good. Got out played by another young QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday against the Bears proved once again that Dak and these Cowboys can’t beat winning teams and that Dak picks up his yards against good teams in garbage time. Leads the league in passing and ended up with 300 yards versus Bears but through 2 1/2 quarters when the game was still in doubt, Dak like the Cowboys was not very good. Got out played by another young QB.
Dak was awful and unless it was his hand hurting him, he should be embarrassed by how he played Thursday night, but I can name at least 11 guys on the defensive side of the ball alone that played worse...so don't frame it as "Dak" can't beat winning teams.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was awful and unless it was his hand hurting him, he should be embarrassed by how he played Thursday night, but I can name at least 11 guys on the defensive side of the ball alone that played worse...so don't frame it as "Dak" can't beat winning teams.

You know who else can't beat winning teams? Our defense, our coaches and our kicker.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. To me, it's like BP used to say..you are what your record says you are. 6-7. Yuck

Reactions: GNG