• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prepare Yourselves...........................

What do you think? Not hope...............

• 1. Brady Retires

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 2. Brady Re-signs with Patriots

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been listening to a lot of people over the last week and there's pretty much a consensus that Tom Brady is playing his final year in a Patriot uniform.

Here's the deal......Two years ago when he was forty years old, Tom Brady said he wanted to play until he was 45. He spoke with Belichick and then with Robert Kraft. Belichick would not extend his contract for three years. Kraft said that Belichick ran the football operation and that the okay had to come from him. Tom went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Eagles. He had two years remaining on the contract and last year Went to the Suoer Bowl and won. He asked Belichick to extend him and make some cap space and Belichick said no. The "experts" believe that Belichick does not want to be dealing with a quarterback who is beginning to diminish in skills and accuracy and possibly be an injury liability.

The belief is that Kraft will allow Bill Belichick to run the team the way he wants. He would prefer that Tom retire and possibly coach. Brady wants to prove that he can win at 43, 44, 45.

So what's next? One group thinks that Brady will be the QB in Miami next year and possibly for the next three. TB had a good relationship with the Miami OC Chad McShea and McShea is running an offense almost exactly like the Patriots offense. Brady and Flores were good friends and Brady has a great deal of respect for him and the feeling is mutual. Miami has a ton of draft picks and a giant amount of cash under the cap. Brady might go there and do it if he can pick up the pieces he wants.

Another group thinks that the LA Rams and The Chargers will go hard for him. Brady's family lives in California and being near LA would be perfect for Giselle's burgeoning empire.

A third group thinks that John Elway will offer the keys to the executive men's room and pay Brady more than any player in NFL history. He'll give him three one year contracts in excess of $120M. Possibly the magic number $50M per.

Time will tell but no one believes that Belichick will sit down with Brady who is having one of his worst statistical years ever and fork over $25-$30M, even for one more year.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady were to leave, I just don’t see him going to a team that doesn’t have a chance at the Super Bowl. I think that cancels Miami out. The Chargers make sense. Good WR. Good young TE. Good RB’s. Good Defense. Back to California. Rivers is done.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady were to leave, I just don’t see him going to a team that doesn’t have a chance at the Super Bowl. I think that cancels Miami out. The Chargers make sense. Good WR. Good young TE. Good RB’s. Good Defense. Back to California. Rivers is done.
Agreed, and I have no issues if TB12 wants to leave, he owes this team nothing. And the Pats or any other team should not offer a huge contract. I think it's foolish of him to go to another team but it's his choice.

And we have to remember this is all speculation, there is anything definitive one way other the other. And hell he may just hang em up, feel like the time is right. I haven't felt like the before.

Look for the Pats to sign a Vet in the off season and draft another QB of TB leaves or retires.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I have to proof read my post more often. I get in a hurry and while they make sense in my head while typing, when I do revisit them I am left asking, what kind of Cluster Fuck Post was that?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I have to proof read my post more often. I get in a hurry and while they make sense in my head while typing, when I do revisit them I am left asking, what kind of Cluster Fuck Post was that?

Been there, done that......got the pee shit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OOOPPPPsssss

Tee -Shirt

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which one?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting discussion about Brady and the Dolphins night before last......

Miami will have about $120M in cap space and they have two first-round picks and 13 picks overall. There are more than a couple of Potential free agents that Brady could convince to move to South Beach.

Here are the top five on the Offensive side.

Wide Receivers:

1. Michael Thomas, New Orleans Saints

2. Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs

3. Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys

4. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals

5. Robby Anderson, New York Jets

Tight Ends:

1. Eric Ebron, Indianapolis Colts

2. Austin Hooper, Atlanta Falcons

3. Hunter Henry, Los Angeles Chargers

4. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots

5. Jack Doyle, Indianapolis Colts

Tackles:
1. Bryan Bulaga, Green Bay Packers

2. Andrew Whitworth, Los Angeles Rams

3. George Fant, Seattle Seahawks

4. Anthony Castonzo, Indianapolis Colts

5. Joe Staley, San Francisco 49ers

Guards:

1. Brandon Scherff, Washington Redskins

2. Joe Thuney, New England Patriots

3. Clint Boling, Cincinnati Bengals

4. Marshal Yanda, Baltimore Ravens

5. Andrus Peat, New Orleans Saints

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry, but I just don’t see teams or players lining up to have Tom Brady as their QB. His name is really all he has left. He isn’t a top QB anymore and he’s just getting worse with age. It was bound to happen. I don’t believe any team is going to shell out 30 million a year for a 43 year old QB who’s skills have diminished significantly. I love Tom. I love what he has done for the Patriots. He’s ALWAYS been a team first player. But he’s been on a steady decline for a while and I can’t see him getting any better.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB does have a history of getting rid of good but aging QBs. Out here in Cleveland, he did it with Bernie Kosar, a local hero, and the fans and media took it very badly. In fact, it was probably one of the things that helped grease the slide for his firing.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas, Hill, and Staley all signed extensions this year. Gronk would not be a FA, either, unless the Pats waive him.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady’s name is still worth $30 mill a year. Ticket and merch sales alone would make it worth it to sign him. And decline or not there’s still many teams for whom he’d be a massive upgrade.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB does have a history of getting rid of good but aging QBs. Out here in Cleveland, he did it with Bernie Kosar, a local hero, and the fans and media took it very badly. In fact, it was probably one of the things that helped grease the slide for his firing.
But was Kosar aging? Do you think 30 is aging for a QB? Even back in 93 a QB still had a lot left at 30.

BB got rid of Kosar because he didn't want him as his QB. He did the same thing to Bledsoe, who he also did not want.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have zero control over where Brady ends up, his last contract made sure of that. Best they can hope for is a comp pick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But was Kosar aging? Do you think 30 is aging for a QB? Even back in 93 a QB still had a lot left at 30.

BB got rid of Kosar because he didn't want him as his QB. He did the same thing to Bledsoe, who he also did not want.

He did not want Bledsoe at his then record setting 10 year $100 million dollar contract when he could not follow orders.

And Brady, while he did not possess the rocket arm of Drew, was much more calm in the pocket.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were to play for any other team I believe it would be the Chargers. That would give him the ability to live in LA and keep building his brand
For after retirement

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not want Bledsoe at his then record setting 10 year $100 million dollar contract when he could not follow orders.

And Brady, while he did not possess the rocket arm of Drew, was much more calm in the pocket.
I think he did not want Bledsoe more for his lack of ability to follow orders than the money. I like Drew now, and I did then. He had a hero complex that he probably wasn't even aware of...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he did not want Bledsoe more for his lack of ability to follow orders than the money. I like Drew now, and I did then. He had a hero complex that he probably wasn't even aware of...

This.
Every point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started this thread 6 mo9nths ago and I don't think that half of Patriots fans have prepared themselves for the departure of Tom Brady. Tom E. Curran speaks with Brady just about every other day and tries to clarify anything that's being said. Last night he accidentally said, "I talked to Tom today." Three other people at the table went dead silent. Curran was having trouble sitting still in his seat. He knew that the next question would be, "What did he say?" He was able to squirm out out of the subject and moved the conversation to Belichick and Kraft.

Later, Boston Sports Tonight picked up on Curran's talk with Brady and speculation and tempers flared.

If Brady leaves, the talking heads are already laying the groundwork to blame Bill Belichick and his "No sweet talk" attitude. You're going to hear "sweet talk" more and more now that it's been repeated about thirty times on NBCSports Boston. Phil Perry, BST commentator, seemed to be the least emotional and said matter-of-factly, that the patriots are probably in the poorest position to resign Brady. He gave several reasons. The first and probably most important is that BB does not want to sign Brady for more than a year at a time. Belichick has been reluctant to give Brady an extension since 2014. Brady was 37 and BB just doesn't like the odds that he or any other QB will not fall off the cliff. Perry then said that BBalso knows that Brady does not work out and stay in playing shape the way he did from 2001 through 2015. His offseason is more family and personal than ever before. Second, Perry said, was that the wide receivers the Patriots had in 2019 were not as bad as the press has made them out to be. They were injured and Brady failed to make adjustments. Third, and possibly as important is money. The Patriots are in a position to give Brady a deserved payday and contract. The problem is that if they do give Brady a $25M-$30M contract, they cannot make any repairs to the team that will certainly lose key players.

Parry says that it's 80%/20% that Tom Brady has played his final game in a New England Patriot uniform.