• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for June

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predict the Doyers schedule!!

If the Giants really do have a successful month, can they catch the Kemp-less Bums?

At Colorado (3)

At Philly (4)

At Seattle (3)

Home against Angels (3)

Home against White Sox (3)

At Oakland (3)

At Angels (3)

At Giants (3)

Home against Mets (3)

wtf @ makig them come to oakland, go back to anaheim, come to SF, then back down to LA? schedule makers are giants fans.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf @ makig them come to oakland, go back to anaheim, come to SF, then back down to LA? schedule makers are giants fans.

More like doyerfans. Their three game "road trip" has them on a plane for an hour between cities.

What if the Gs had a road trip of: 3@LAA, 3@OAK, 3@LAD?

The players would actually get to sleep in their own beds in the middle of a road trip.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. Does your friend work for Fat Wreck Chords? What does he do?

I grew up with these guys. They got signed to Fat last year. Seventh-grade dream come true for our entire group of friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really, LA has played 30 of 51 at home so far. June is payback. One of the reasons they did so well.

We have to make up some ground this month, we simply have to: Panda returning, Kemp out, some head to head games and LA on the road a lot.

If we're not within 3 at the end of June there's a problem. I prefer 1.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like doyerfans. Their three game "road trip" has them on a plane for an hour between cities.

What if the Gs had a road trip of: 3@LAA, 3@OAK, 3@LAD?

The players would actually get to sleep in their own beds in the middle of a road trip.

We should note LA gets screwed by the current interleague setup, 6 vs the Angels while we get 6 vs the As.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should note LA gets screwed by the current interleague setup, 6 vs the Angels while we get 6 vs the As.

Payback for having to live next door to Oakland. Anaheim is no prize either, but at least they have the self-proclaimed "Happiest Place on Earth," and some cool music venues.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payback for having to live next door to Oakland. Anaheim is no prize either, but at least they have the self-proclaimed "Happiest Place on Earth," and some cool music venues.

Oakland has a pretty good musical pedigree too...but there's no part of Oakland that would ever be in the running for 'Happiest Place on Earth'

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't this usually the case? Inter-league play against "cross-town rivals" happens most years, doesn't it? In every market where there are "cross-town rivals" ?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland has a pretty good musical pedigree too...but there's no part of Oakland that would ever be in the running for 'Happiest Place on Earth'

Yeah. Oakland actually wins for better music scene, but only because LA bands are heading back toward Hair Metal and Dubstep.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this usually the case? Inter-league play against "cross-town rivals" happens most years, doesn't it? In every market where there are "cross-town rivals" ?

It is not limited to "cross-town rivals". All teams were assigned an inter-league rival.

The Padres rival, for example, is Seattle. The local broadcast crew laughs at it every year.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants: 17-11

dogs: 12-16

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I meant by 'current setup', the crosstown factor. The White Sox and Giants and Yankees and Cardinals generally get a benefit vs other teams because their rival is usually shitty.

If I recall, with the move of Houston to the AL next year and the interleague changes that have to ensue (interleague all year, etc) they are going to reconsider the permanent rivalry games.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I meant by 'current setup', the crosstown factor. The White Sox and Giants and Yankees and Cardinals generally get a benefit vs other teams because their rival is usually shitty.

If I recall, with the move of Houston to the AL next year and the interleague changes that have to ensue (interleague all year, etc) they are going to reconsider the permanent rivalry games.

From a competitive stand-point, I am all for getting rid of the rivalry series. IT is unfair and distorts records.

However, the rivalry series are big fan faves. If you are going to get rid of those, you might as well get rid of inter-league all together...

Hey, there's an idea...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a competitive stand-point, I am all for getting rid of the rivalry series. IT is unfair and distorts records.

However, the rivalry series are big fan faves. If you are going to get rid of those, you might as well get rid of inter-league all together...

Hey, there's an idea...

I think the same thing. For some of the rivalry series they are among the fans favorite games all year. It would seem a shame to do away with NY, Chicago, even Bay Bridge series. I don't get the sense the Florida, Missouri, or even LA ones matter.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about? Lots of happy places in Oakland. For five minutes at a time, East 14th is a very happy place for guys named John.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, there's an idea...

And while we are at it, let's nix the Designated Hitter, and the unbalanced 162 game schedule, so that the World Series finishes before Christmas. Yeah, that's the ticket.

:pb: