• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict Your Teams Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think either one will likely be a little bit of a test for the Cavs. Not a "they could possibly pull the upset" type test, but more of a "keep the games a bit close so the starters don't get to rest as much and maybe steal a game" type test.

Heat/Cavs should be fun, no doubt. The Cavs haven't been able to win in Miami since Lebron left and the Heat know his game and at least how to slow him/make him uncomfortable.

I don't think the Heat would win the series, but if they are able to steal one of the first 2 games in Cleveland, that will put a ton of pressure on the Cavs and make things really interesting. Then it would be about how they respond to that pressure.
that is true...in fact- i think that would be a very good test of adversity for the Cavs- and we have seen that LeBron regularly loses a game early in series' a lot- like last year against the Bulls- or even against GSW when they lost game 1 and then won 2 stright-- or a few times in Miami as well.

If the Cavs face the Celtics or Miami in round 2- and only manage to get a split at home- they would have some pressure and need to go into Miami or Boston and win a game or two. Obviously- i think there is some crazy stat where LeBron has won a road playoff game in like X number of series ina row....but that would make it interesting thats for sure. however- we shall see....I really like how the Cavs are playing right now- especially at home- i wouldnt expect them to lose more than 1 or 2 home games- if that- during the run through the East...last year i think they only lost 1 home game- vs. Chicago- the game after they lost Love for the season and JR was suspended for getting some payback.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is true...in fact- i think that would be a very good test of adversity for the Cavs- and we have seen that LeBron regularly loses a game early in series' a lot- like last year against the Bulls- or even against GSW when they lost game 1 and then won 2 straight-- or a few times in Miami as well.

If the Cavs face the Celtics or Miami in round 2- and only manage to get a split at home- they would have some pressure and need to go into Miami or Boston and win a game or two. Obviously- i think there is some crazy stat where LeBron has won a road playoff game in like X number of series ina row....but that would make it interesting thats for sure. however- we shall see....I really like how the Cavs are playing right now- especially at home- i wouldnt expect them to lose more than 1 or 2 home games- if that- during the run through the East...last year i think they only lost 1 home game- vs. Chicago- the game after they lost Love for the season and JR was suspended for getting some payback.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lebron and the Heat won at least 1 road game in every playoff series that he played there and I know they won at least once on the road in every series last year. Don't know if the streak extends back to his first stint with the Cavs. That's a pretty impressive streak either way.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think that after watching the Heat against the Mavericks you would know that anything can happen. Nobody wins a title without a little bit of good luck- health wise, a bounce here or there, etc. -- I saw the Cavs go up on the Warriors 2-1 last year (and could have been 3-0 if not for 2 missed buzzer beaters in Game 1). I saw the Cavs were absolutely exhausted after playing very shorthanded for a long time during the playoffs.

So if you want to think the Cavs have no chance- go right ahead. I think they embrace the fact that everyone is over looking their chances.

These were not the same situations. Dallas literally hit their peak in the playoffs. Furthermore, they were balanced across the board, and outside of Miami's big 3 we had zero depth given that Haslem and Miller were injured, and only Chalmers could be relied upon. Hell, we were starting Mike Bibby and Big Z at guard and center.

You keep bringing up how the Cavs could've gone up 3-0. If the Cavs went in and stole game 1, needless to say, the Warriors come out with a different mindset in game 2. It's always great to wonder about the "what ifs" but that's what they are - what ifs.

I personally think the Cavs are going to be the Thunder/Clippers biggest fans. Because if either of those teams make it to the Finals, then the Cavs will get their first title.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the Cavs are going to be the Thunder/Clippers biggest fans. Because if either of those teams make it to the Finals, then the Cavs will get their first title.

I like the Thunders chances though.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
58-34 season for the Spurs. If they all stay relatively healthy, and everyone new fits in well as we all know they should, there's no reason this team shouldn't be in the Western Conference Finals at THE LEAST. They have arguably the best starting five in the entire league, not to mention a great, deep bench. Not anywhere near the same team as last year, which was riddled with injuries that cut their season short.

I thought the Spurs would have beaten the Warriors last year if they played, and I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it if they meet in the Playoffs again.

So I'm going to say..Spurs/Cavs in the Finals. Spurs in 7! NBA Champs!

.....hopefully. West is too damn deep this year to accurately predict anything.
Holy hell was I off. Then again, I doubt many predicted a possible 73-9 year for the Warriors. I'm only 9 wins off, if Spurs win these last two. 8 if they only win one. Not too bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell was I off. Then again, I doubt many predicted a possible 73-9 year for the Warriors. I'm only 9 wins off, if Spurs win these last two. 8 if they only win one. Not too bad.

Kinda nice when you're off because the team won more games than you predicted.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I get for guessing. My guess was 48–34 and I made that guess before Dante Exum was injured. Then, I pessimistically said the Jazz would end up 42–40. Now if Utah wins tomorrow they'll be 41-41. I should never have guessed and I should never guess again.

A three-game improvement? Are you kidding me? I know there were a bunch of injuries, but 42–40 was my floor.