• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict your Final 4

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots vs doesn't matter

NFC team 1 vs NFC team 2

Patriots over NFC in the SB.

Anything else?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amazed at the number of people picking the Raiders considering they haven't had a winning season since 2002. I can understand predicting them to make the playoffs but be in the final 4? Just seems like a crazy leap.
I amazed at the number of people picking Denver when you consider that ButtFumble is their first string QB.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same vote here, although I wouldn't call them the "chickens." If I wanted to bring Seattle fans out of the woodwork, I'd just say that Russel Wilson is not elite.
He isn't elite, and he's kind of obnoxious. But he has a lot of elite teammates.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indianapolis @ New F'in England

Green Bay @ Seattle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I amazed at the number of people picking Denver when you consider that ButtFumble is their first string QB.

I was honestly just a bit surprised. Again I think they stand a very good chance of making the playoffs just think AFC Championship game first time making the playoffs after what a 15 year drought is a pretty big leap for any team. Always think there are some stepping stones for teams. The Seahawks are a great example. First year with Russell Wilson they show vast improvement over the year before but fall just a bit short in the playoffs but got some great experience in the big games. Next year come back to the playoffs and win the whole thing and of course then lose it at the end the next year in the Super Bowl. I would say the experience in Wilson's first year in the playoffs really helped them big time the next year to better be ready for all that was thrown at them.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt Indy
Car Sea

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt Indy
Car Sea

Understand when I ask this question I am not trying to say "wow that was a stupid pick." It is more I just want to know what others see in a team that maybe I don't. The team I am thinking about is Indy. I think they will be better than last year and I do think that Luck will bounce back but I also see a team with a ton of holes. Defensively I think they have holes at all 3 levels that can be exploited. Offensively while I think the OL is definitely improved I still see them being more a middle of the road group and same for the run game with an aging Gore. So just seems like a lot is once again being put on the shoulders of Luck and the passing game to be highly successful for the team to be successful.

One final thought is I do think the division is much tougher. No longer are they guaranteed at least 5 divisional wins a year. So again just wanting to see what you see in them.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly just a bit surprised. Again I think they stand a very good chance of making the playoffs just think AFC Championship game first time making the playoffs after what a 15 year drought is a pretty big leap for any team. Always think there are some stepping stones for teams. The Seahawks are a great example. First year with Russell Wilson they show vast improvement over the year before but fall just a bit short in the playoffs but got some great experience in the big games. Next year come back to the playoffs and win the whole thing and of course then lose it at the end the next year in the Super Bowl. I would say the experience in Wilson's first year in the playoffs really helped them big time the next year to better be ready for all that was thrown at them.

NFL is odd year to year... I mean you really almost do have to pick an out of nowhere team to be in that game, and Oakland seems fine for me, not that I think they will, but if you are going to pick one, they seem as good of one as any.

Just curious to see how that would fit all time (15 year drought to Conf champ game). I really think with roster/coach/GM turnover anything beyond 5 years is a new trend for bad teams, but lets see

Oakland wouldn't be breaking that Record. Denver started out with 17 non playoff seasons. Their first playoffs... went to the SB
Pitt 25 years without a playoff game, then conf championship. Record in the 8 years before that (14 game seasons) 5 wins, 2, 5, 4, 2, 1, 5, 6

Jax and Carolina both made the conf championship their 2nd years of their franchises.

Carolina went to the SB immediately after 6 non-winning seasons (2 years after a 1 win year).
ARI to the SB after 9 straight non-winning years.
Atl 3 wins, 7 wins, SB season
Bal 5 wins, 4, 4, 6, 8, SB
Buff 4, 8, 2, 2, 4, 7, conf champ
Cincy 5 straight non playoffs, then SB
Det 4,7,5,4,4,7,6,Conf
Indy 7 straight non winning years then conf
Pats had a 9 year streak, 1 wild card game (they lost) and 6 win year before their SB with Parcells.
Brees went to the Conf camp his first year in NO, after a 3 win season and 5 straight non playoff years, 1 playoff season in 13 years

SF 8 straight non-playoff years then a SB win. 8 straight years then Alex got them to the conf championship too.
Rams 9 straight non playoff years and won a SB.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand when I ask this question I am not trying to say "wow that was a stupid pick." It is more I just want to know what others see in a team that maybe I don't. The team I am thinking about is Indy. I think they will be better than last year and I do think that Luck will bounce back but I also see a team with a ton of holes. Defensively I think they have holes at all 3 levels that can be exploited. Offensively while I think the OL is definitely improved I still see them being more a middle of the road group and same for the run game with an aging Gore. So just seems like a lot is once again being put on the shoulders of Luck and the passing game to be highly successful for the team to be successful.

One final thought is I do think the division is much tougher. No longer are they guaranteed at least 5 divisional wins a year. So again just wanting to see what you see in them.

I don't give Indy a good chance, I wouldn't bet a dime on my teams there, just was going for one surprise team ( a-la Car 15-1 after a 7 win season last year for example when everyone had Sea, GB, Dal, Det, etc figured ahead of them).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is odd year to year... I mean you really almost do have to pick an out of nowhere team to be in that game, and Oakland seems fine for me, not that I think they will, but if you are going to pick one, they seem as good of one as any.

Just curious to see how that would fit all time (15 year drought to Conf champ game). I really think with roster/coach/GM turnover anything beyond 5 years is a new trend for bad teams, but lets see

Oakland wouldn't be breaking that Record. Denver started out with 17 non playoff seasons. Their first playoffs... went to the SB
Pitt 25 years without a playoff game, then conf championship. Record in the 8 years before that (14 game seasons) 5 wins, 2, 5, 4, 2, 1, 5, 6

Jax and Carolina both made the conf championship their 2nd years of their franchises.

Carolina went to the SB immediately after 6 non-winning seasons (2 years after a 1 win year).
ARI to the SB after 9 straight non-winning years.
Atl 3 wins, 7 wins, SB season
Bal 5 wins, 4, 4, 6, 8, SB
Buff 4, 8, 2, 2, 4, 7, conf champ
Cincy 5 straight non playoffs, then SB
Det 4,7,5,4,4,7,6,Conf
Indy 7 straight non winning years then conf
Pats had a 9 year streak, 1 wild card game (they lost) and 6 win year before their SB with Parcells.
Brees went to the Conf camp his first year in NO, after a 3 win season and 5 straight non playoff years, 1 playoff season in 13 years

SF 8 straight non-playoff years then a SB win. 8 straight years then Alex got them to the conf championship too.
Rams 9 straight non playoff years and won a SB.

Well I have been proven wrong. I guess it happens more often than I realized. I still think progression probably plays out more often than a huge drought followed by a championship series run but obviously there are plenty of instances that did not hold true.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give Indy a good chance, I wouldn't bet a dime on my teams there, just was going for one surprise team ( a-la Car 15-1 after a 7 win season last year for example when everyone had Sea, GB, Dal, Det, etc figured ahead of them).

Understand and you are right it does seem that one surprise team seems to show up most years. Every once in a while you still have the powerhouse teams be the powerhouse teams. 2013 I think most thought San Fran, Seattle, Denver, and New England were going to be really good teams and well they were the last teams standing.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have been proven wrong. I guess it happens more often than I realized. I still think progression probably plays out more often than a huge drought followed by a championship series run but obviously there are plenty of instances that did not hold true.

Yeah, I am not saying it will, and it does seem to be the trendy pick but figure it this way...

Indy 3% chance to reach CF
NO 3% chance to reach CF
Oak 3% chance
Mia 2%
Bal 2%
NYG 2%
Jax 2%

Sooner or later those 4-7 win teams give you a pretty solid chance one will be in that game (not saying their chance is that good, but you can see how the chances are, some out of nowhere team will be there). I could have just as easily put Oak or Jax in there too I guess.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand and you are right it does seem that one surprise team seems to show up most years. Every once in a while you still have the powerhouse teams be the powerhouse teams. 2013 I think most thought San Fran, Seattle, Denver, and New England were going to be really good teams and well they were the last teams standing.

Agree, SF came out of nowhere to get to that Conf Champ in 2012 was it? The year after I was sold Alex Smith was finally a bust then he screws it up for me.

But yeah, just picking the outlier team. Like when I try and guess division champs I try to fit a bottom team in there, usually I get it wrong. For years that was easy, NFC South always had the worst to first team. lol.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no scientific proof for Luck and Indy. But last year might be that "hiccup year" I guess you could call it early in a lot of good QB's teams. Like Brady 8-8 after the SB or Manning the year Mora got fired, or Ben the year after his first SB or Elway after that SB loss to SF, Brees' 2nd year in NO, or Montana that first strike season. Just that year where things fell apart then picked right back up.

Again no evidence to say it will... Probably will look like a dumb choice but oh well just for fun.