• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Game Thread - Skins @ Arizona

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what killed the Redskins vs the Seahawks was terrible field position all game on both sides of the ball

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals QB Drew Stanton Cleared Cardinals QB Drew Stanton Cleared - Hogs Haven

Excerpt

Per a report from NFL.com's Chris Wesseling via NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, Drew Stanton will be the Cardinals starting QB for Sunday's match-up against the Redskins unless Carson Palmer is cleared to play. This would leave third-string QB Logan Thomas, whom most people have expected to start for the Cardinals all week, to now be the least likely QB for the Redskins to face.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what killed the Redskins vs the Seahawks was terrible field position all game on both sides of the ball

This has now been an issue for at least the past two seasons. Special teams needs to be one of the top if not the top priorities for the offseason.

You may not be able to guarantee that your QB will be effective or that you can significantly improve your defense. However - I see absolutely no reason why any team cannot have at least above average special teams. Start with getting a top notch ST coach - not some project or guy that you hope will do well. Follow it with getting a PK who can both kick out of the endzone AND make FGs. If you have to choose between the two I take the guy that can kick out of the endzone since you can always improve on FG % but you can't get a stronger leg.

Finally - ensure that you have young, hungry players (like L. Alexander in the past) that actually want to play on STs. If there are doubts on any player in this area use someone else! I am getting tire of this area constantly being ignored or mishandled by this team.