• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre Game Thread - Skins @ Arizona

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN: Cardinals huge favorites against the Redskins ESPN: Cardinals huge favorites against the Redskins

Excerpt

The Cardinals will look to overcome a number of key injuries when they face the Redskins on Sunday, but according to ESPN, they should win handily.

Nate Silver's Elo Ratings on fivethirtyeight.com list the Cardinals as 11.5-point favorites against Washington.

The Vegas line, on the other hand, has the Cardinals as slim 3.5-point favorites.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT a good time for the Skins to be playing Arizona

A very ANGRY team will be awaiting them here in the desert. Cards have this "it's us against the world" mentality right now.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very ANGRY team will be awaiting them here in the desert. Cards have this "it's us against the world" mentality right now.

It'll be an interesting one that's for sure. Enough injuries on both teams to make it an intriguing match up.

Arizona doesn't even know who their QB will be Sunday

True.

But our STs gives them an advantage back... :sigh:

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we could upset them. as long as we dont do anything stupid like fumble in the redzone or let them score a special teams td.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we could upset them. as long as we dont do anything stupid like fumble in the redzone or let them score a special teams td.

Agree. However - asking for them not to do anything stupid (including ST scores) might be asking quite a bit. In the Giants games the blunders were primarily turnovers. However - in pretty much every other game except the Jags game they have had a ST issue - long return, blocked punt & XP, etc. Appears to be a continuation of last season. Time for them to step up & put an end to this nonsense. Otherwise - I wouldn't even have an issue with them firing the ST coach right after the game. No sense in dragging it out like they did last season. Send a message to the players on those units that they could be next.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Bullock

This Cardinals defense might be Kory Lichtensteiger's biggest test at center. So many moving parts, so many different looks to identify.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones

Haz says it'll be challenging to prep for Cardinals because of question of who QB will be.

Feels like just another advanced excuse in the making...:L

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Haslett says he expects LB Perry Riley (knee) 2B a game time decision. If he doesn't play, Will Compton and Adam Hayward will get nod.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Redskins prepping for three #Cardinals quarterbacks. Which, obviously, is less than ideal: Redskins prepping for all three Cardinals' quarterbacks | Comcast SportsNet Washington
#RedskinsTalk

Excerpt

Carson Palmer, Arizona’s usual starter, hasn’t played since suffering a nerve injury in his throwing shoulder in the season opener. Drew Stanton, Carson’s backup, suffered a concussion in last week’s 41-20 loss to the Broncos.

If neither Palmer nor Stanton are able to suit up, Logan Thomas, a rookie out of Virginia Tech, will get his first NFL start. Thomas relieved Stanton last week and completed just one of eight attempts—an 81-yard touchdown pass to running back Andre Ellington.

“It’s hard because you’re not really sure,” Haslett said Thursday. “Obviously, Carson has got a lot of skins on the wall. And you’ve got the young guy from Virginia Tech who’s a heck of an athlete and can throw the ball. Stanton is a good football player.”

As a result of the uncertainty, Haslett said his unit have spent time preparing for all three signal callers. Which, of course, is not ideal or efficient.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading out for the weekend for my nephew's homecing game in WV. Get us a win while I am away. Maybe if we win this season we can get this season turned around a little bit. I don't expect playoffs but 8-8 would be nice at this point. Sad to have such low expectations.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Nation Week 6 game predictions - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
Of course the Redskins can always beat themselves. Let's hope that isn't the case on Sun.

I agree. The seahawks did their best to keep us in the game Monday night with all those redzone penalties ( 3 TD's called back) which usually comes back to haunt a team. We had zero TO's Monday night, so let's hope this continues. This team continues to find ways to lose games, if it's not the TO"s it's poor tackling or poor ST's. The Cards may have a 3rd string QB starting for Sunday's game. I hope this QB doesn't look like and all pro Sunday.