• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Combine - Fav, Least Fav Selection at #5?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these Barkley fans must believe that Denver just shit out a good O line recently and Lynch is the guy at Qb. Don't believe Denver can win the Cousins sweepstakes so they'll be taking Qb at 5.

All these people who think the draft ends after round 1 or that no talent can be found after round 1 to fix issues makes me laugh. This is one of the deeper drafts when it comes to IOL talent. They could take Barkley round 1 and still find a very talented player round 2 and 3 to help fix the OL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or all these fans who don't realize their is a free agency before an NFL draft and this is a way early "Who do you like at #5"

I think it goes without saying if we don't address OL and QB in FA the majority of people are going to have QB and OL on their wish list come draft time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or all these fans who don't realize their is a free agency before an NFL draft and this is a way early "Who do you like at #5"

I think it goes without saying if we don't address OL and QB in FA the majority of people are going to have QB and OL on their wish list come draft time.

All true. I can guarantee every team out there has plans A-Z already in the works. If they get this player they head down this path and so on. So if they get Cousins then they start looking in tier 2 and 3 of other FA's that are cheaper. If Cousins goes elsewehre then they can look in tier 1 for maybe a fix at the OL. Football is about to get crazy here over the next week and we will have a lot more answers.

As for talent wise right now looking at the draft Nelson and Barkley are the blue chip top talents in this draft. Yes position value wise not as high. Still if you bring them in you know you are getting an instant starter and good chance top level talent added to your team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and you don't REACH passing up player you have VERY highly rated over another.

I am all for filling draft needs, but BPA and reaching are what kills franchises.

and no. I am not saying anything is a reach at #5 of areas we need, but we don't know how Denver has their board setup. My guess is they are going to be plenty fine with QB's and a certain OL on the board there.

But if you love someone enough and he stands out of the areas of major 9 out of 10 you're going to take that guy. (not saying this is the case but it happens ALL the time in the draft)

I always stay open minded when it comes to the draft.

When it comes to a very early pick you're going to take someone you LOVE, not someone you just need to fill a certain position that you may not be high on. Again, I think we will find plenty here we are high on at areas of need, but just saying.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Cousins goes on a FA tour and takes 3 days to decide
The tier 1 FAs May be gone. Hope not but that may be a real possibility
Under Elway, Denver has really been an FA infused team over drafted infused

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if Cousins goes on a FA tour and takes 3 days to decide
The tier 1 FAs May be gone. Hope not but that may be a real possibility
Under Elway, Denver has really been an FA infused team over drafted infused

From what I understand the Broncos are hoping that Cousins will make them his first visit. If they don't feel like he will be a Bronco they will move on pretty quick. This isn't the Manning situation where they will wait forever and pretty much have all their eggs in one basket. They love Cousins but not to the point that they will sacrifice other options.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find interesting is if I count right
17 of the 32 QB were drafted top 11.
Arizona , Broncos, Jets , buff , Clev all could push that number over 20