• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power rankings

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently where do you think the Lions belong in your own power rankings? Who at this point in the season is playing better football than Detroit?

Colts, chargers, ravens, broncos, cardinals, eagles, cowboys, patriots and packers. If we look at detroits wins so far they have beat one team with a winning record, the 5-2 packers. They have also beat the 1-6 jets, 2-5 vikings, 3-4 giants, and 2-4 saints. Their offense continues to unimpress. I think with their defense they can remain a top ten team, but that oline needs to improve if they want to win a playoff game. So at this point I would rank the lions number ten.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think we would smack the Colts and beat Arizona. But even though the Lions haven't played well, they still deserve a decent spot.

Broncos
Cowboys
Chargers
Eagles
Detroit
Packers
Colts
Ravens
Patriots

I dont see detroit contending with indy, I could see hem beating arizona at home but thats a big if. Until us fans see the lions offense step up to the plate consistently they should not be favored against top ten teams. It was a huge step beating the saints and tha prolofic offense but the definitely was a lot of luck at the end there.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say the same thing about the Lions. However you can see the culture change that is going on in Detroit why can't that same culture be changing in Dallas?

DeAndre was a no-name he stepped it up Darius Slay is stepping up. Maybe the Cowboys defense has no names that are finally stepping up.

Suh and Tulloch and Quin were already highly regarded. Levy had a great year last year already too. We are not exactly unknown.

Dallas is better because Rob Ryan blows as a DC. There defense actually improved while losing their superstars. The only difference is that Ryan left too. That's a big addition by subtraction. Their defense is average. Their offense is one of the best right now. 400 yds per game. The only top 10 offense they faced is NO.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Dallas isn't as good as they are because of their defense. It just isn't the colander everyone thought it was going to be.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smitty, i hear what you are saying about the run game but we have had 3 huge game winning drives over 6 minutes or longer to salt awayor take the lead; giants, jets, vikings. hell against the vikings we converted a 4th and 1 with the run game. no we aren't running it at will right now like the cowboys but who says we have to. we can go empty backfield our lineup heavy and shove it down any teams cocksucking throat.

i am all in this year the saints game made me a believer. i gave up 4 times in that crazy ass clusterfuck but our team didn't. That defense just kept pounding on everything that moved and we came back.

right now no one runs on us consistently and somehow our secondary isn't shit. yeah there are always a few runs plays that burst loose for 15 or a bad 3rd down communication but then the 4th quarter rolls around and we turn the most accurate QB in 30 years into a 1st year rookie. Drew brees owner of 4 of the 8 5000 yard seasons in history does not complete 1 fucking pass to anyone on his own team in the 4th qt. his only completion a game changing pick.

then the front 4 goes out there and brings the most devastating pressure i have ever seen. it was a jailbreak blitz with 4 men. i am telling you guys this team is good not just good great. this is it this is our year. i honestly don't give a rats ass if our offense isnt on pace for 3000 yards stafford is protecting the ball we are winning games and we are finally winning tight games. once we get healthy and figure put how to block people we are going to go from just winning our games to dominating till then i am going to enjoy being a fan of a completely epic team.

long story short get your postseason plans in order we are going to have a fun year. :)
Forget Public History..... Lions need to swoop you up for Public Relations and Marketing.

Im ready for Sunday Morning Football!!!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the Lions should be but are not on most power rankings is above the GD Packers!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts, chargers, ravens, broncos, cardinals, eagles, cowboys, patriots and packers. If we look at detroits wins so far they have beat one team with a winning record, the 5-2 packers. They have also beat the 1-6 jets, 2-5 vikings, 3-4 giants, and 2-4 saints. Their offense continues to unimpress. I think with their defense they can remain a top ten team, but that oline needs to improve if they want to win a playoff game. So at this point I would rank the lions number ten.

The Packers best wins are against 3-3-1 Carolina and 3-3 Miami but you have them in your top 10.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Dallas isn't as good as they are because of their defense. It just isn't the colander everyone thought it was going to be.

Colander. That's awesome!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking sieve, but we can go with colander if it's a Texas thing.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see detroit contending with indy, I could see hem beating arizona at home but thats a big if. Until us fans see the lions offense step up to the plate consistently they should not be favored against top ten teams. It was a huge step beating the saints and tha prolofic offense but the definitely was a lot of luck at the end there.

Lions don't pick their schedule.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Public History..... Lions need to swoop you up for Public Relations and Marketing.

right!?!?!? Hey Ford Jr I am ready and willing to start whenever you are done with the lame brains you got working right now. i follow your FB feed it is pathetic put me in charge and watch the eyeballs grow.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smitty, i hear what you are saying about the run game but we have had 3 huge game winning drives over 6 minutes or longer to salt awayor take the lead; giants, jets, vikings. hell against the vikings we converted a 4th and 1 with the run game. no we aren't running it at will right now like the cowboys but who says we have to. we can go empty backfield our lineup heavy and shove it down any teams cocksucking throat.

i am all in this year the saints game made me a believer. i gave up 4 times in that crazy ass clusterfuck but our team didn't. That defense just kept pounding on everything that moved and we came back.

right now no one runs on us consistently and somehow our secondary isn't shit. yeah there are always a few runs plays that burst loose for 15 or a bad 3rd down communication but then the 4th quarter rolls around and we turn the most accurate QB in 30 years into a 1st year rookie. Drew brees owner of 4 of the 8 5000 yard seasons in history does not complete 1 fucking pass to anyone on his own team in the 4th qt. his only completion a game changing pick.

then the front 4 goes out there and brings the most devastating pressure i have ever seen. it was a jailbreak blitz with 4 men. i am telling you guys this team is good not just good great. this is it this is our year. i honestly don't give a rats ass if our offense isnt on pace for 3000 yards stafford is protecting the ball we are winning games and we are finally winning tight games. once we get healthy and figure put how to block people we are going to go from just winning our games to dominating till then i am going to enjoy being a fan of a completely epic team.

long story short get your postseason plans in order we are going to have a fun year. :)

This exactly why I was saying the culture is changing. Seeing shit we have not in a while. Getting less and less doubters each week. Keep hearing less snickering from media.

The only doubt left for me was second half let down. Seeing this come from behind win will go a long way in December.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys, Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Cardinals, Patriots, Packers, Chargers, Ravens, Lions, Sqwuaks, Niners, Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Panthers, Steelers, Bears, Browns, Giants, Rams, Texans, teams that aren't making the playoffs.

Update:

Cardinals, Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Eagles, Lions, Packers, Dolphins, Sqwuaks, Cowboys, Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Saints, Chargers, Ravens, Vikings, Rams, Niners, Texans, Bears, Panthers, Giants and a bunch of teams not making the playoffs.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice list Smitty. My only changes is Eagles behind Packers and move Lions and Packers up one.

Sanchise will have to beat teams now. It won't be Shady.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

Cardinals, Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Eagles, Lions, Packers, Dolphins, Sqwuaks, Cowboys, Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Saints, Chargers, Ravens, Vikings, Rams, Niners, Texans, Bears, Panthers, Giants and a bunch of teams not making the playoffs.

Good list but I'd switch the Steelers and the Colts.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still like Broncos, patriots, cardinals, packers, Bengals, Colts, and eagles over the lions

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you disagree gandy? This is the first year in a long time 90s probably that Ive been saying the lions are a legitimate playoff contender and they could possibly win a home game in the offs. If CJ can turn this offense on the lions could be very, very scary. But until the offense proves it can do well on a consistent basis...

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take a packers team with a loss to us and basically 2 games behind us, over us in power rankings?!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take a packers team with a loss to us and basically 2 games behind us, over us in power rankings?!

Uhn uh. I put GB directly behind us.

Just so everyone knows. If we win the next three weeks, Detroit will be no lower than second in my Power Rankings. 9, 1 and 2 coming up.

The Colts offense kept them up there. Could have fallen behind the Stillers. (Wouldnt want to face them right now.) But they just have so many damn weapons. TY, Reggie, Bradshaw, Fleener, my boy Dwayne Allen even TRich. Plus the one that got away on D, Bjorn Werner. And a QB that's showing what the next great one looks like. An athletic ogre with a neck beard.

I think Phillys best offensive outputs are yet to come. Even with Sanchize. McCoy is ready to carry that offense. And they force errors defensively. Couldn't move em behind us after a bye week and that horrid first half.