• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power rankings

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently where do you think the Lions belong in your own power rankings? Who at this point in the season is playing better football than Detroit?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Broncos, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers, Patriots, CArdinals, Seachickens, Ravens, Lions, Packers, Bengals, Chiefs, 49ers, and the rest.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Broncos, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers, Patriots, CArdinals, Seachickens, Ravens, Lions, Packers, Bengals, Chiefs, 49ers, and the rest.

I could follow these. Sure some between 5-11 can be interchanged and not much arguing. Well on here sure, but top two are a lock IMO

Cowboys seem for real and hard to argue that rank. Eagles have to prove otherwise.

Lions between 8-11 is where I put them. Defense is lights out. Offensive gets going and only one direction to go.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is pretty good. I wouldn't have the Patriots that high, and I am a little higher on the Chargers.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Max's list is pretty good, I was thinking right around ten when I read the OP, so I can gel with that...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 seems very appropriate and yes the Raven's dominance early in the season is as surprising as the Cowboys... Flacco has all of a sudden turn into a beast..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 seems very appropriate and yes the Raven's dominance early in the season is as surprising as the Cowboys... Flacco has all of a sudden turn into a beast..

Steve Smith will do that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently where do you think the Lions belong in your own power rankings? Who at this point in the season is playing better football than Detroit?

Cowboys, Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Cardinals, Patriots, Packers, Chargers, Ravens, Lions, Sqwuaks, Niners, Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Panthers, Steelers, Bears, Browns, Giants, Rams, Texans, teams that aren't making the playoffs.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys, Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Cardinals, Patriots, Packers, Chargers, Ravens, Lions, Sqwuaks, Niners, Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Panthers, Steelers, Bears, Browns, Giants, Rams, Texans, teams that aren't making the playoffs.

This closer to what I was thinking. Some of you might remember I picked the Cardinals to win the West so here is how I see it.

Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Cardinals
Chargers
Packers
Cowboys
Eagles
Lions
Seahawks

Both 49ers and Pats are not as good as their record. 49ers are better than the Pats, but that team looks like they are about to implode. Too bad because talent wise they could be top 5. Pats defense is collapsing so they will struggle but still make the playoffs. Chiefs and Bengals will battle for the last AFC spot. I am guessing the Bengals get back on track.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an argument can be made for the Lions to be as high as sixth, Im just not going to be the one making the argument.

I didn't pick San Fran to make the playoffs. Sticking with my original guess.

Haven't seen as much of NE as Im sure you have, but I assume Brady continues to improve that offense as the season progresses. I give the Iggles a little slack on account of OLine injuries and losing their top receiver. That defense might not be great but it attacks and causes mistakes. As that part does less to win them games, I assume the offense does more. Shady is primed to return to his rightful place as best back in football.

Why do you have the Cowboys so low?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys no-name defense will start to get exposed. Especially if teams force the offense to throw more. Defense will be on the field more. Romo will also find a way to mess it up.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncos
cowboys
lions
colts
chargers

cowboys have an amazing oline which would let them run the clock on anyone and the broncos with peyton let their defence play fetch the birdie as good as anyone else. the seahawks D is worrisome cause they will probably figure out their issues soon but right now they are the 23rd ranked 3rd down D. other than that i don't see anyone playing as well as us. we should be 6-1 and our dline has made our defense the best defense in the entire league.

aside from those 2 teams no other offense scares me as we have already beat the packers and now the saints. our offense is certainly not efficient right now but it is clutch and we have enough pieces to create the mismatches we need late. we will get calvin and kyle vannoy back probably after the bye, at which point i think we become the best team in the NFL.

side note for the chargers you should be able to beat a winless chargers team by more than 4 (I mean we beat the vikings by 10) and you shouldn't lose to a chiefs team with limited offense with that defense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, when I mentioned 6th I was hoping someone would step up to the plate.

Third though,....... wheffffff...... idunno bout dat do.

Running games, an active TE with more than 5 receptions and less than the most sacks given was part of my criteria to be Top 5.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think we would smack the Colts and beat Arizona. But even though the Lions haven't played well, they still deserve a decent spot.

Broncos
Cowboys
Chargers
Eagles
Detroit
Packers
Colts
Ravens
Patriots

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lions offense still such a question mark, I have them around 10th. If the defense keeps up there play and the offense moves into even an average category, they'd be hovering around top 5.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still fine with my Superbowl prediction of Lions/Colts.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smitty, i hear what you are saying about the run game but we have had 3 huge game winning drives over 6 minutes or longer to salt awayor take the lead; giants, jets, vikings. hell against the vikings we converted a 4th and 1 with the run game. no we aren't running it at will right now like the cowboys but who says we have to. we can go empty backfield our lineup heavy and shove it down any teams cocksucking throat.

i am all in this year the saints game made me a believer. i gave up 4 times in that crazy ass clusterfuck but our team didn't. That defense just kept pounding on everything that moved and we came back.

right now no one runs on us consistently and somehow our secondary isn't shit. yeah there are always a few runs plays that burst loose for 15 or a bad 3rd down communication but then the 4th quarter rolls around and we turn the most accurate QB in 30 years into a 1st year rookie. Drew brees owner of 4 of the 8 5000 yard seasons in history does not complete 1 fucking pass to anyone on his own team in the 4th qt. his only completion a game changing pick.

then the front 4 goes out there and brings the most devastating pressure i have ever seen. it was a jailbreak blitz with 4 men. i am telling you guys this team is good not just good great. this is it this is our year. i honestly don't give a rats ass if our offense isnt on pace for 3000 yards stafford is protecting the ball we are winning games and we are finally winning tight games. once we get healthy and figure put how to block people we are going to go from just winning our games to dominating till then i am going to enjoy being a fan of a completely epic team.

long story short get your postseason plans in order we are going to have a fun year. :)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smitty, i hear what you are saying about the run game but we have had 3 huge game winning drives over 6 minutes or longer to salt awayor take the lead; giants, jets, vikings. hell against the vikings we converted a 4th and 1 with the run game. no we aren't running it at will right now like the cowboys but who says we have to. we can go empty backfield our lineup heavy and shove it down any teams cocksucking throat.

i am all in this year the saints game made me a believer. i gave up 4 times in that crazy ass clusterfuck but our team didn't. That defense just kept pounding on everything that moved and we came back.

right now no one runs on us consistently and somehow our secondary isn't shit. yeah there are always a few runs plays that burst loose for 15 or a bad 3rd down communication but then the 4th quarter rolls around and we turn the most accurate QB in 30 years into a 1st year rookie. Drew brees owner of 4 of the 8 5000 yard seasons in history does not complete 1 fucking pass to anyone on his own team in the 4th qt. his only completion a game changing pick.

then the front 4 goes out there and brings the most devastating pressure i have ever seen. it was a jailbreak blitz with 4 men. i am telling you guys this team is good not just good great. this is it this is our year. i honestly don't give a rats ass if our offense isnt on pace for 3000 yards stafford is protecting the ball we are winning games and we are finally winning tight games. once we get healthy and figure put how to block people we are going to go from just winning our games to dominating till then i am going to enjoy being a fan of a completely epic team.

long story short get your postseason plans in order we are going to have a fun year. :)

Damn Homers .

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys no-name defense will start to get exposed. Especially if teams force the offense to throw more. Defense will be on the field more. Romo will also find a way to mess it up.

You could say the same thing about the Lions. However you can see the culture change that is going on in Detroit why can't that same culture be changing in Dallas?

DeAndre was a no-name he stepped it up Darius Slay is stepping up. Maybe the Cowboys defense has no names that are finally stepping up.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Homers .

damn straight lol. for future reference i am going to continue to ignore all criticism of this awesome top 3 team till everyone else realizes how completely awesome and dominant we are :).