• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Rankings and AP Pro32

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things that really made me laugh. The Patriots in the top 10, and the fact that the Saints (0-4, and giving up 450 yards and 32 pts a game) moved up in the AP poll, despite NOT WINNING.

These polls are great for unintentional comedy. Not useful for much else.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Pompei was the only one to give a first place vote to a team other than the Texans and his choice was the Cardinals.

I was saddened to learn that Berman is one of the few people who has a vote.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the Niner fan in me talking, but how are the cowboys in anyone's top 5?

I didn't have them Top 5, but SRPnVA said that after Week 1, not week 4. Dallas had just handedly beat the NY Giants.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. There is a number under the previous weeks position number. I believe it is first place votes. The fact that not only does every team have some first place votes, but that the worst team (Browns) have 17 makes me call bullshit on the entire thing. Am I missing something? Because if you vote for a team like the Browns or Jags, you shouldn't have a vote anyway.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't get it. There is a number under the previous weeks position number. I believe it is first place votes. The fact that not only does every team have some first place votes, but that the worst team (Browns) have 17 makes me call bullshit on the entire thing. Am I missing something? Because if you vote for a team like the Browns or Jags, you shouldn't have a vote anyway.

No, that's not first place votes. That's the number of points that team received for the week. First place votes is listed to the very right of the team name in ( ). Only two teams received first place votes this week: Houston (11 first place votes) and Arizona (1 first place vote). Here is how the points are totaled:

Poll Methodology

The AP Pro32 is determined by a simple points system based on how each voter ranks the NFL's 32 teams. A team receives 32 points for each first place vote, 31 for second place and so on through to the 32nd team, which receives one point. The rankings are set by listing the teams' point totals from highest to lowest. The mathematical formula is the same as the one used for the AP Top 25 rankings for college football, men's basketball and women's basketball

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL power rankings: This is what parity looks like | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

5. San Francisco 49ers (5-2)
Last week: 6
The Seahawks made them work for it on Thursday night, but the 49ers are well-equipped for a game in which there were not 300 yards of passing combined. That's Jim Harbaugh's kind of party. The 49ers became the first team to rush for 100 yards against Seattle, with Frank Gore getting 131 of their 175. Maybe they didn't have a choice, but they attacked Seattle's strength, and they took it to them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans
Falcons
Bears
Giants
49ers

I don't see a single team in the AFC that can crack this top 5.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten of the last 37 teams to go 6-0 and stand as the last unbeaten team won the Super Bowl.

10 did, 27 didn't. What the fuck is he saying here?