• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potentially bad news for Javonte

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to know what happened? Nothing on that play stood out to me. Maybe on a previous play?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raider (forget who) his weight crushed him as he landed on him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon has whined all off season about it not being an open competition at RB... Then we nearly split them and he fumbles 4 times. He is going to have a chance to make up for it. I think we will go after an experienced RB maybe. Maybe Ozigbo gets his opportunity here though. Not a lot out there that are going to be better then Ozigbo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these years I dream of getting to Week 7 without a big name injury for Denver. I have dreams of it all offseason. It ended at Tim Patrick this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh- Something that looked so routine turned out so bad. The good thing about getting hurt early in the season is recovery time for next year. The bad thing is we hardly got to use you this year.

Then you always worry about a down 3rd season and a good 4th season. Sorta like Barkley and Sutton are coming alive this year after a down last season. Part of that was the QB situation for Denver but sometimes a year injury turns into a two year recovery. :(

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. Kind of. Gregory ACL intact, but needs scope. Out for a bit.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lativus Murray come on down

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh- Something that looked so routine turned out so bad. The good thing about getting hurt early in the season is recovery time for next year. The bad thing is we hardly got to use you this year.

Then you always worry about a down 3rd season and a good 4th season. Sorta like Barkley and Sutton are coming alive this year after a down last season. Part of that was the QB situation for Denver but sometimes a year injury turns into a two year recovery. :(
Having recently watched a friend and then my wife go through ACL surgery and recovery there is so much variable to those recoveries it could well be the 2024 season before Javonte is himself again, but he could take to it quicker and be back full bore after 10 months or so.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having recently watched a friend and then my wife go through ACL surgery and recovery there is so much variable to those recoveries it could well be the 2024 season before Javonte is himself again, but he could take to it quicker and be back full bore after 10 months or so.
Problem with JW injury is it’s much more than an ACL.

From the Athletic:

The bottom line is that a multiligamentous knee injury like the one suffered by Williams is “definitely more severe,” than a standard ACL tear, according to Dr. Clint Soppe, a surgeon with the Cedars Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute in Los Angeles and an orthopedic consultant for MLS’ LA Galaxy.

“When you have a posterolateral corner, that includes the LCL, but usually there’s some other structures in that area of the knee that are torn as well,” Soppe said in a telephone interview. “Usually, there is a little tendon over there called the popliteus, as well as another small ligament that’s involved. It usually requires what we call surgical repair, where you can stitch those tissues and repair them back to the bone, or what we call a reconstruction, where you can’t repair it, (so) you’ve got to reconstruct those ligaments with some kind of graft tissue; usually, tissue from a cadaver. That’s what we call an allograft.”

The most recent case of a running back suffering a torn ACL and LCL, along with other damage, is Ravens running back JK Dobbins, who suffered his injury in Baltimore’s third preseason game in 2021. Dobbins, who also tore his hamstring and meniscus, missed all of last season and the first two games of this season before making his return two weeks ago against the Patriots. Dobbins scored two touchdowns in Sunday’s 23-20 loss to the Bills, but he’s yet to fully regain the form that helped him tally 925 total yards and nine touchdowns as a rookie in 2020.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an allograft, along with a lateral release to allow better tracking for my knee cap after the surgery. I also had pcl and mcl damage. Most athletes opt for a patellar tendon graft, which takes substantially longer to heal, but is typically stronger than an allograft. Theres been some grafts from the hamstring as well depending on how much damage there is.

His injury is bad-bad, but depending on what he had done, as well as what they found after going in (there's usually cartilage damage), I'd be shocked if he was ready by game 1 next year. As for feeling 100%, even me with a faster healing surgery and recovery was closer to 2 years before I was comfortable with my "new" knee and trusted it.

Sucks. I hope he's the same after surgery.