• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential NFL expansion...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true, and even though there's more NFL quality QB's at the moment there's no guarantee it continues. Ebb and flow has to taken into account.
Right. If we lose Brees, Rivers, Big Ben, and maybe in a couple of years Brady, Ryan, and Rodgers then we probably arent going to be swimming in QBs anymore.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least if we go up to 36 teams.
We can go back to three divisions per Conference again.

BTW I am against adding more teams.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this whole idea about QB play improving will result in expansion still seems off to me.

If you expand the league, the CB and EDGE groupings will be even thinner and I dont really think they're all that stellar right now. Then it will look like QB play will improve again because teams will be getting CBs off the street to play their Nickel and Dime packages.

Eventually it will lead to more lopsided matches where 1 team will get a key player or two injured and a whole unit will stop functioning. Mahomes was able to carry a bad oline to the Super Bowl and got smoked. Not sure who watches that game and thinks 'we need more of this'
You bring up the point that makes QB talent irrelevant when it comes to expansion, there isn’t enough good offensive lineman in the league already and colleges aren’t producing enough pro style offensive lineman.