• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential New Owner Watch Thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like a holiday for me.

I have a feeling of pride that I haven't felt in a while. I think this fanbase is a sleeping giant.
I look forward to seeing more fans proudly wear Washington gear in public.

I look forward to fans coming back. To me, they are welcome. Hopefully we get some new/older folks come here now that the wicked witch is dead.

Wearing my commanders hat all weekend and proud to do so. The rebels have officially blown up the deathstar!

Be safe and celebrate good sir.
Well said. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have grown out of a few jerseys from the Gibbs era because I am not a stick figure anymore. I bought a Riggins REDSKIN jersey when Dan tried selling a Riggins Commandos jersey. Sacrilege.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the feeling I have. Sheehan was just on the radio ande talked about that. He said when Snyder bought the team he took it as his and never considered it was the fans team too. He saw the fans as a mark I agree with those statements.

There is a feeling of being set free kbso. I figured Dan was going to own the team as long as I was alive.
Free......that's the word. Funny thing is I wanted Dan to get it. All we heard was Cooke's son couldn't care less about the team. Dan was gonna buy us a Superbowl. I was so naive.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have grown out of a few jerseys from the Gibbs era because I am not a stick figure anymore. I bought a Riggins REDSKIN jersey when Dan tried selling a Riggins Commandos jersey. Sacrilege.
I was so happy to see John push back on that.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free......that's the word. Funny thing is I wanted Dan to get it. All we heard was Cooke's son could care less about the team. Dan was gonna buy us a Superbowl. I was so naive.
Join the club. I was duped as well.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already had some intel on Snyder before he owned the team. Then my brother went to work for him and I knew we were doomed. Actually within a year we knew just watching the football team we had a bad owner.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already had some intel on Snyder before he owned the team. Then my brother went to work for him and I knew we were doomed. Actually within a year we knew just watching the football team we had a bad owner.
I was in my mid 20s. Had no idea what was coming. Didn't really hit me until I saw him stick with Cerrato way too long.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in my mid 20s. Had no idea what was coming. Didn't really hit me until I saw him stick with Cerrato way too long.
I am about mid 30s when they won their 3rd Super Bowl. There were a number of bad to mediocre seasons after that SB win before Snyder bought the team.

In Dan's first year I remember Marty saying he would never coach for that guy. The next year Marty was coach and one year later he was gone. I knew then that he did not have any football acumen and he was going to be a bad owner. Of course as time went by it got worse. When he brought the Shanahan's in and they presented them with McNabb I was done. You can even go back to getting rid of Brad Johnson for Jeff George .... holy shit!!

Just so glad that he is gone. He was a bad person in many ways. Thankfully those women came forward and said what happened or he would still be here.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about mid 30s when they won their 3rd Super Bowl. There were a number of bad to mediocre seasons after that SB win before Snyder bought the team.

In Dan's first year I remember Marty saying he would never coach for that guy. The next year Marty was coach and one year later he was gone. I knew then that he did not have any football acumen and he was going to be a bad owner. Of course as time went by it got worse. When he brought the Shanahan's in and they presented them with McNabb I was done. You can even go back to getting rid of Brad Johnson for Jeff George .... holy shit!!

Just so glad that he is gone. He was a bad person in many ways. Thankfully those women came forward and said what happened or he would still be here.
I was late to the party. I actually wanted Spurrier and thought Jeff George was gonna work.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was late to the party. I actually wanted Spurrier and thought Jeff George was gonna work.
I was a Spurrier fan although after an 0-5 start for Marty then going 8-3 the rest of the way with a mediocre QB I wanted Marty back. I was not unhappy about Spurrier. He was sort of like duke talks about Heupel at Tennessee. His offense worked great in college (Florida) with mediocre QBs at best. As designed by Spurrier it did not work in the NFL but principals of that offense are used in the NFL now.

It is kind of like Kyle installing the RPO offense for RGIII, It was on fire for a year or two until the defense caught up. It is still used but not as a staple of the offense.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Spurrier fan although after an 0-5 start for Marty then going 8-3 the rest of the way with a mediocre QB I wanted Marty back. I was not unhappy about Spurrier. He was sort of like duke talks about Heupel at Tennessee. His offense worked great in college (Florida) with mediocre QBs at best. As designed by Spurrier it did not work in the NFL but principals of that offense are used in the NFL now.

It is kind of like Kyle installing the RPO offense for RGIII, It was on fire for a year or two until the defense caught up. It is still used but not as a staple of the offense.
I thought Dan was a genius after the 49ers preseason game in Japan. Wasn't savy enough to see the pass pro holes in the offense along with his insistence on having a mediocre Gator Qb under center.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Dan was a genius after the 49ers preseason game in Japan. Wasn't savy enough to see the pass pro holes in the offense along with his insistence on having a mediocre Gator Qb under center.
Understand but look how often they go empty these days .... but the offense has been modified to allow for a quick route. Spurrier had the right idea, it just needed a couple of modifications.

He did look a genius in that San Fran game.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Standig is on the radio now. He sounds like he stopped by the liquor store earlier. AJ Perez was just on, he was like "no, i have already hit the tequila. LOL

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Standig is on the radio now. He sounds like he stopped by the liquor store earlier. AJ Perez was just on, he was like "no, i have already hit the tequila. LOL
Let's go!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point i remember the wr corps had reidel Anthony, Jacques green, and Chris doering...lol

Hopefully my buddy chiller is enjoying a cold one somewhere. He has been here on the board for a long time. He is as loyal as they come.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point i remember the wr corps had reidel Anthony, Jacques green, and Chris doering...lol
Yes .... Coach Spurrier's GM skills or Vinny's were not that good. Who was the running back they got from the St. Louis Rams that sucked.