• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential New Owner Watch Thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bezos has a higher ceiling, but im pretty confident that Harris will be a regular owner with a high floor. At this point I'll settle for regular, boring, and competent.

We really don't know what we're getting with Bezos. Bezos could be cheat code for us or he could get bored and put the team up for sale in five or six years.

What I don't want is for Fertitta to get the team.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bezos has a higher ceiling, but im pretty confident that Harris will be a regular owner with a high floor. At this point I'll settle for regular, boring, and competent.

We really don't know what we're getting with Bezos. Bezos could be cheat code for us or he could get bored and put the team up for sale in five or six years.

What I don't want I'd for Fertitta to get the team.
I have said before I am leery of Bezos.

In order my choice .... not that it matters LOL

Harris/Rales
Bezos
Fertitta.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said before I am leery of Bezos.

In order my choice .... not that it matters LOL

Harris/Rales
Bezos
Fertitta.
I think that's where I'm at.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's where I'm at.
I want Bezos because he has the brains to get the team back to where they should be. He is a genius when it comes to innovation and business. He has the resources the other prospective owners do not. The funny thing is that I don't even know if Bezos has submitted anything at this point. The sale could go down and we will find out that Bezos never even bid?

We will be Harris' 3rd team and the 76ers seem to be his "baby".

Somebody has apparently dropped out it seems. I wonder if this is the "going once" process we are seeing?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Bezos because he has the brains to get the team back to where they should be. He is a genius when it comes to innovation and business. He has the resources the other prospective owners do not. The funny thing is that I don't even know if Bezos has submitted anything at this point. The sale could go down and we will find out that Bezos never even bid?

Somebody has apparently dropped out it seems. I wonder if this is the "going once" process we are seeing?

Bozo may be waiting on the Seahawks to sell

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bezos has no experience with a sports team.

Harris has the two teams you mentioned and is a minority owner of the Steelers. He would have to sell his interest in that team.

Josh Harris teams:

76ers - 43-22 and 3rd place in the Eastern Conference; 4th best record in the NBA
Devils - 42-16-6 and 2nd in the Metropolitan Division; 3rd best record in the NHL

I would encourage reading Harris and Rales Wikipedia to see their business acumen. These two guys are way smarter than Snyder.

Bezos has the most money but Harris/Rales have the most experience. JMO

At this point I would take Mr Magoo if it got Dan out as owner.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bezos has no experience with a sports team.

Harris has the two teams you mentioned and is a minority owner of the Steelers. He would have to sell his interest in that team.

Josh Harris teams:

76ers - 43-22 and 3rd place in the Eastern Conference; 4th best record in the NBA
Devils - 42-16-6 and 2nd in the Metropolitan Division; 3rd best record in the NHL

I would encourage reading Harris and Rales Wikipedia to see their business acumen. These two guys are way smarter than Snyder.

Bezos has the most money but Harris/Rales have the most experience. JMO

At this point I would take Mr Magoo if it got Dan out as owner.
That is true, Bezos has no sports experience.

Harris and of course Rales do have solid experience in business and sports ownership (Harris). No doubt, they are better equipped to handle things better than Snyder. I think Haris/Rales will get the get and will do a good job getting the team to compete. I would be happy with them as the owners. Let me be clear about that.

With Bezos, he is literally on another level when it comes to disruption innovation, vision, and success. I don't think people understand just how successful he is and what he has done. He went from Network Management to space travel in his career.

With Washington, it will take more than just winning on the field: it will take a culture change, new facilities, a new stadium, and new outlook in order to win the fans back and establish a new brand. I think Bezos can do that with his unlimited resources and experience. Bezos plays chess when others play checkers...his wealth and business success speak to that. I think he would be the best NFL owner within a matter of years as he would do what he has done everywhere else: take over the industry.

I think we need more than just a "sports owner" to fix this; we need a miracle. We need to re-establish pride, credibility, and identity. I can think of no one better to re-launch this team than Jeff Bezos. He has the brains to do just that. He has been successful at everything he has done...why would he not be successful here? There was a reason why so many people allegedly reached out to him to join a possible venture into buying this team. People want to follow him.

If Bezos was owner, he would have his pick of the litter when it came to hiring a GM.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what Jeff Bezos is. Clearly if I can research and find out who and what Harris and Rales are then I have a clear understanding of who Bezos is.

You see money, I see sports experience. All good. As you said in one of your threads I am entitled to my opinion.

Either way the team would be better off.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what Jeff Bezos is. Clearly if I can research and find out who and what Harris and Rales are then I have a clear understanding of who Bezos is.

You see money, I see sports experience. All good. As you said in one of your threads I am entitled to my opinion.

Either way the team would be better off.
You clearly misunderstood what I just said.

I see success and innovation and most of the post said that. You are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong in what I "see". You don't speak for me.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly misunderstood what I just said.

I see success and innovation and most of the post said that. You are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong in what I "see". You don't speak for me.
Not trying to speak for you duke.

I have an issue with comments like "I don't see how most people don't understand/see" etc. etc. It may not be you intention but it reads as if you think you are smarter than others.

I encouraged you when you talked about leaving to stay. Not everyone is going to agree with you, the same as they aren't always going to agree with me. That is fine, that is what a forum does. :suds:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to speak for you duke.

I have an issue with comments like "I don't see how most people don't understand/see" etc. etc. It may not be you intention but it reads as if you think you are smarter than others.

I encouraged you when you talked about leaving to stay. Not everyone is going to agree with you, the same as they aren't always going to agree with me. That is fine, that is what a forum does. :suds:
Understood sir.

My apologies for being grouchy today.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood sir.

My apologies for being grouchy today.
All good Grump. It happens to us all.

BTW I love that he named his space service after Alan Shepard .... US Navy pilot and the 1st US astronaut to fly. He never gets enough credit.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good Grump. It happens to us all.

BTW I love that he named his space service after Alan Shepard .... US Navy pilot and the 1st US astronaut to fly. He never gets enough credit.
Those who were in the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs all had courage and guts. They are heroes in my book.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can make a solid argument for both Harris and Bezos. I'm good with either one. I just think the disaster meter is much lower with Harris.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely hard to continue to give a fuck about the commanders in specific and the nfl in general with this bullshit.

In short: there are probably not enough votes to oust Snyder because the other owners “want a higher bar,” i.e. they’re covering their own asses as opposed to doing what’s right for the health of the league, etc.

The lower the bar (75% of ownership is a low bar?!?!?!?’) the easier the precedent is set.

Sweetheart deals, tax exemptions, tax breaks: it all should go away for the nfl mafia.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely hard to continue to give a fuck about the commanders in specific and the nfl in general with this bullshit.

In short: there are probably not enough votes to oust Snyder because the other owners “want a higher bar,” i.e. they’re covering their own asses as opposed to doing what’s right for the health of the league, etc.

The lower the bar (75% of ownership is a low bar?!?!?!?’) the easier the precedent is set.

Sweetheart deals, tax exemptions, tax breaks: it all should go away for the nfl mafia.
It does suck that the cowardly owners want to do nothing. And people wonder why the nfl is losing fans?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck that the cowardly owners want to do nothing. And people wonder why the nfl is losing fans?
They don’t want to do anything about it because they are sick power hungry people who think laws and morals don’t apply to them . Their souls are corrupt and bankrupt. They lack faith and the only god they worship is power and money

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things can't be too bad if a new ownership group is about to play $6 billion to own a team.