• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Postseason: Virginia Tech v Rutgers in the Russell Athletic Bowl (12/28/2012)

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically, Logan is a worse QB than Glennon was. And I am comparing worst season to worst season there. Didn't follow VT football when Grant Noel played.

At least Glennon had a running back instead of a 4 to 6-man committee. Also, he had some pretty rock solid receivers. About the only thing rock solid about our guys is their hands.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least Glennon had some good throws in him. LT's skills as a runner are negated by the interior blocking or he'd be a much more effective QB. He doesn't have the speed to run sideways so he's left with what the interior line gives him which 90% of the time is jack shit. And I will also say that either LT's instincts at the QB position are horrible or he's panicking out there because he makes the simplest things look hard sometimes

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Subway really going to tell us that Eric Lagrand worked his way back because of the protein packed black forest ham sandwhich????!!!! Seriously???!!!!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just throwing out a couple Tech QB's that stunk up the joint, I'm sure I could find worse QB's in the FBS this year alone. I'm sure the idiot I quoted was just trolling and he was successful I suppose. I'm done with him.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mad4, don't know who you follow, or how you found this site, but don't make a trolling entrance man. Try to engage in some football talk before sticking your head in the door and blasting our team. Not hatin man, just saying'.

The offense and LT has sucked for the better part of the year. Everyone here knows this and gets that. I think it has more to do with the line tonight (go figure). LT certainly hasn't played well but they have been manhandling and confusing the OL all night.

Logan still isnt accurate with the football though. Watch any other game and the quarterback will make a play that changes the game. I dont think logan has that in him right now. Due to coaching or whatever the hell else.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team, especially the offense, lacks confidence. And so do I, quite frankly. My expectations going into this game were that we were going to lose or somehow embarass ourselves based on our bowl game track record and our play this season. It's very pessimistic, but so far I haven't been wrong. Maybe the team can turn things around, but after watching that 1st half, I'm not holding my breath.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost a pick-6. I think that may be the only way we score tonight.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Glennon had some good throws in him. LT's skills as a runner are negated by the interior blocking or he'd be a much more effective QB. He doesn't have the speed to run sideways so he's left with what the interior line gives him which 90% of the time is jack shit. And I will also say that either LT's instincts at the QB position are horrible or he's panicking out there because he makes the simplest things look hard sometimes

Yeah, it's not all LTs fault, he had all the pieces around him last year to have success, a running game, decent OL, better than average receivers. He has none of that this year. Only the most special of QBs can do it practically all by the self (ie #7)

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, it's not all LTs fault, he had all the pieces around him last year to have success, a running game, decent OL, better than average receivers. He has none of that this year. Only the most special of QBs can do it practically all by the self (ie #7)

Yea, but the quarterback is supposed to elevate the play of others around him. Just like he did last year. He's just not producing that intangible this year.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What I'm saying is that the interior O-line makes LT 1 dimensional. If they feared him as a runner maybe the pass rush wouldn't come as hard

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but the quarterback is supposed to elevate the play of others around him. Just like he did last year. He's just not producing that intangible this year.

Suppose that he is elevating the play of everyone around him...is everyone sucking that hard?

The bottom line is that things just aren't up to par for a variety of reasons. I don't think it's possible to pin everything on one person, especially a player. Several coaches and players have not held up their end of the bargain this season, which is why we need drastic fundamental change starting at the coaching level. Replace the coaches, coach up the players, win the games we're supposed to.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That throw that the Rutgers QB just made...can you see LT making it? I can't. The QB has to make some plays for you. I really wish they'd put Leal in just once

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Suppose that he is elevating the play of everyone around him...is everyone sucking that hard?

The bottom line is that things just aren't up to par for a variety of reasons. I don't think it's possible to pin everything on one person, especially a player. Several coaches and players have not held up their end of the bargain this season, which is why we need drastic fundamental change starting at the coaching level.

Couldnt agree more. Good post

cept the defense

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That throw that the Rutgers QB just made...can you see LT making it? I can't. The QB has to make some plays for you. I really wish they'd put Leal in just once

He made the same throw to Davis in the first quarter :L