• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

posters re read the rules sticky thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets try to keep politics out of here . i have to let a little go here on this thread , but lets put politics aside and get ready for TC and the preseason

the ones that left are supposed to be adults . they had their reasons so we must live with it

other posters will come here and others will leave

but lets be real , they quit on the skins team first , they stopped posting in other threads ( a mistake i think ) and i know of a couple that if they disagreed with you about players on the team they pulled the same stuff

if i was a regular joe on this board would they still be here ? doubtful because i wouldnt be restrained on what i say or do

actions speak louder then words .

if you got penalized and i let you back in , did you take the opportunity to straighten up or did you troll me or question every choice i made .

did you run to the general board and tell everyone i was a dictator .

i can tell you everyone who got let back in , got back in because i ok'd it . its funny you hate it here and how i run things yet you had to come back ?

how many tried to bully ? one didnt follow the rules got banned and then started bullying when he was let back in . how did he spend his new found ability to post . he undermined the thread till it had to be cancelled
. but thats the mods fault right ? you stated your case mod too much and because of your political views then someone left .

how many defend the people who leave and caused the thread to be shut down and ruined it for everyone else because they were selfish ? they wanted to name call , they wanted other views silenced

how do you get in a dust up about a player , name call , and troll and then get mad when you are penalized for it after numerous warnings ?

how do you leave the board because of a dust up , come back months later to the politics thread get in another dust up over a news station , leave and say its the mod ? seems to me acting like an adult is the problem and not getting your way

how many buy the crap a poster said when he was banned , let back in , continued his vendetta , and then ruined the politics thread , then claims its my fault he is leaving ? he gave up on the team and trolled it constantly .

did you PM me with your concerns ? i have had only one PM come to me for how i run the board and i took his advice . i took his advice and enforced the rules about insulting people . where did it get me ? some heartache but it was worth it because sometimes you have to do the hard right over the easy wrong

i knew i would take flak for enforcing the rules because i had been a part of the issue and when someone gets penalized , just as i predicted in my reinforcement post , they would bring up the ancient past to attempt to justify their crap . i also said it wouldnt matter and that it was going to be enforced anyway . some understood , some didnt , and they paid

last and not least lets talk about the poster who " lost respect for the people of this board " i wonder why that finger points to me SOLELY in some peoples eyes .

i never said anything racist or derogatory . i didnt make comments rubbing in as to why posters werent posting when the news cycle didnt favor their opinions or views . some did but i always maintained they would be back and they did come back when they perceived they had the upper hand .

the same poster , who was asked why arent you posting in other threads , said to me as long as snyder owns the team there is nothing to talk about . he then lived at the politics thread and now he decides his friends of many years cant be respected anymore even though we had hard discussions on a whole slew of topics , yet politics was the last straw ? every person with a conservative viewpoint could have been part of his ire but yet some of the nonconformist point the finger at me because they have a vendetta and agenda

look you guys can feel what you want to feel . i will tell you where my fault lies . letting that thread go up in the first place when my instincts told me it would end up this way .

then i compounded it by letting it up again with assurances from the same group who left or blames me for it that they would follow the rules . . i trusted people to act like adults and they couldnt , plain and simple

i wont be so forgiving in the future with the trouble makers . i trusted them to act like adults but yet they cant do that either . so be ready because the storm is just beginning for you if you continue the campaign

source.gif

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that others didn't need to read the board. I didn't for the most part. I don't need to try to convince someone of my beliefs, they are mine. I don't need to call others names for having different beliefs. I teased more than once about how the thread was now at 600+ pages and no one can be declared a winner. For the same reason there are different news venues, print, radio and TV. Something for everyone … I guess.

So let me say this another way. I support dad. He has done a very good job on this board. He has handled me fairly when I went a little or a lot overboard. He closed the Politics thread when it got out of hand but gave it another chance until it started to get out of hand again. I think he has been more than fair.

I don't use the Smack Talk thread, but I support it being there for those who like to talk trash.

I just felt the idea that because the politics thread is gone so now lets close other threads because you are unhappy was the sort of thing a kid would do. I know you better than that gk. :suds:

I support dad but disagree with his position regarding the politics thread. I just get tired of conservatives bending to the will of butt hurt liberals. Either this is a board where we can exchange ideas...or it is simply a board where Redskin content is discussed. That is the argument that was made.

I don’t really have a problem with Smack Talk or the Off Topic thread because I can choose not to read them. That is the mature adult thing to do. But on principle, either they should be gone or the Politics Thread allowed.

I am a principled man, but I do screw up big time occasionally. On principle, those threads should be closed, or the better option, the politics thread reopened because the greater principle is to not bend to the will of children.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support dad but disagree with his position regarding the politics thread. I just get tired of conservatives bending to the will of butt hurt liberals. Either this is a board where we can exchange ideas...or it is simply a board where Redskin content is discussed. That is the argument that was made.

I don’t really have a problem with Smack Talk or the Off Topic thread because I can choose not to read them. That is the mature adult thing to do. But on principle, either they should be gone or the Politics Thread allowed.

I am a principled man, but I do screw up big time occasionally. On principle, those threads should be closed, or the better option, the politics thread reopened because the greater principle is to not bend to the will of children.
the politics thread got shut down because people couldnt follow the rules . nothing more and nothing less

i cant make people act like adults . you are right that those things should be discussed without bending to EITHER sides will

the thing is both sides wanted it back from the first time and i laid out the ground rules for it to stay . it wasnt followed and believe me i dont like it being shut down because i used it a hell of a lot

but in the end when a poster cant say simply that he wont insult anymore and has a hissy fit because he was banned from the thread because HE wouldnt follow the rules and felt like HE should be excempt from the rules then i cant help it

i am tired of policing grown men and woman on simple things

but as usual a small group of people ruin things for everyone else because they are too selfish . anyone of the could have simply stopped using the thread and went to other things but they didnt

and the thing is the group who "left " havent really left , they arent strong enough to do that , just click on their names and you will see the visit all the time

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the politics thread got shut down because people couldnt follow the rules . nothing more and nothing less

i cant make people act like adults . you are right that those things should be discussed without bending to EITHER sides will

the thing is both sides wanted it back from the first time and i laid out the ground rules for it to stay . it wasnt followed and believe me i dont like it being shut down because i used it a hell of a lot

but in the end when a poster cant say simply that he wont insult anymore and has a hissy fit because he was banned from the thread because HE wouldnt follow the rules and felt like HE should be excempt from the rules then i cant help it

i am tired of policing grown men and woman on simple things

but as usual a small group of people ruin things for everyone else because they are too selfish . anyone of the could have simply stopped using the thread and went to other things but they didnt

and the thing is the group who "left " havent really left , they arent strong enough to do that , just click on their names and you will see the visit all the time

But who couldn’t act like adults? Everybody on the left and only the fringe right...sounds a lot like ANTIFA and how they get their way.

So again...who couldn’t follow the rules? Is it right to punish the innocent because of the sins of the wicked? Feel free to use the abortion argument or gun control to see the picture I am painting.

If an individual cannot follow the rules, then that individual should be banned. If they then throw a hissy about being banned elsewhere, then you ban them all together.

My two cents is you are giving into the violators at the cost of the innocent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who couldn’t act like adults? Everybody on the left and only the fringe right...sounds a lot like ANTIFA and how they get their way.

So again...who couldn’t follow the rules? Is it right to punish the innocent because of the sins of the wicked? Feel free to use the abortion argument or gun control to see the picture I am painting.

If an individual cannot follow the rules, then that individual should be banned. If they then throw a hissy about being banned elsewhere, then you ban them all together.

My two cents is you are giving into the violators at the cost of the innocent.

my thing is both sides had people who wouldnt follow the rules . and the impacts and crap i have to deal with by banning people from threads gets too time consuming . i dont think the adminstration of this site was happy about the thread either . to their credit they didnt hassle me

i never had to allow politics on this forum . SportsHoopla has a politics forum and i doubt they are much different then this forum when it comes to content and debate although they may allow insults and such . i say take the discussion there and i dont have to police the damn thing

but in the end why should i have to deal with these hissy fits ? why should i have my PM's flooded with whiners ? why should i have to deal with every tom , dick and harry , coming over here stirring up trouble because people are butt hurt about being penalized ?

i say your conversation should be with those people . i havent given out names but maybe i should start too since being respectful and acting like a gentleman is beneath them and they arent above the dirty tricks

but at this point i am not going public .

now i do have a solution . we can PM people about politics and discuss them privately

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thing is both sides had people who wouldnt follow the rules . and the impacts and crap i have to deal with by banning people from threads gets too time consuming . i dont think the adminstration of this site was happy about the thread either . to their credit they didnt hassle me

i never had to allow politics on this forum . SportsHoopla has a politics forum and i doubt they are much different then this forum when it comes to content and debate although they may allow insults and such . i say take the discussion there and i dont have to police the damn thing

but in the end why should i have to deal with these hissy fits ? why should i have my PM's flooded with whiners ? why should i have to deal with every tom , dick and harry , coming over here stirring up trouble because people are butt hurt about being penalized ?

i say your conversation should be with those people . i havent given out names but maybe i should start too since being respectful and acting like a gentleman is beneath them and they arent above the dirty tricks

but at this point i am not going public .

now i do have a solution . we can PM people about politics and discuss them privately

Like I said...conservatives appeasing the liberals. I am leaving it at that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said...conservatives appeasing the liberals. I am leaving it at that.
i am not appeasing anyone . . most of the issues i have had the last 2 years stem from that thread . and whats the point of having it if there is no debate ? facepalm guy ? maybe sty when he comes back ? skins 2021 who wants to limit the number of posts and thinks its toxic ? oh wait he drama queened too

no its gone and i dont trust anyone to follow the guidelines to bring it back

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion. While with the PF I never saw a need to have a political thread here, but why not leave it and tell posters enter at your own risk.

Instead of shutting it down, just don't participate.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you run to the general board and tell everyone i was a dictator .

I think you pretty much did that by posting your gibberish, since this shows up under "Latest Replies" under the main page... anyone sees a title like this show up there, is gonna be curious... :2cents: But hey... run your board as you see fit... :salute:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you pretty much did that by posting your gibberish, since this shows up under "Latest Replies" under the main page... anyone sees a title like this show up there, is gonna be curious... :2cents: But hey... run your board as you see fit... :salute:
i dont see that , i never go to the general board and post anything

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see that , i never go to the general board and post anything

:L Re-think that... THIS THREAD appears on the latest replies of the main landing page when people comment, THEREFORE, people will click due to curiosity. Has nothing to do with where YOU post.... but this title is attention grabbing.

And yes... people do view you as a dictator, if not for any other reason, than you shutting down some lame thread... and then creating a new thread stating why.

I'm sure @steelerssb and @beardown07 will agree with me. :dhd:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Re-think that... THIS THREAD appears on the latest replies of the main landing page when people comment, THEREFORE, people will click due to curiosity. Has nothing to do with where YOU post.... but this title is attention grabbing.

And yes... people do view you as a dictator, if not for any other reason, than you shutting down some lame thread... and then creating a new thread stating why.

I'm sure @steelerssb and @beardown07 will agree with me. :dhd:
and i will go back and say the guy went over there posted some stuff encouraging them to come over and cause trouble .

i know this because i looked at it

that is what i am talking about , not about people seeing stuff on the side

and yes i get they view that as being a dictator and me . as well

i put a thread up explaining why the thread was done away with so regulars here know why

now if its gibberish so be it