• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your name here if

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money and payroll aside this will continue to be a poor franchise until they develop players. I am so tired of Septembers that not only include meaningless baseball but also nothing in terms of September call ups. Oh yay we get to watch Casey Lawerance and Vogelbach. The future is bright

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish any of the billionaires and multi millionaires cared at all about baseball. With no real cap the Mariners could put the Yankees to shame.

And I'm fine with spending money and bring top talent in. The Yankees spent all the money in the world and yes they may have only won 1 title but it got them to the post season every year. I want that type of ownership that's willing to spend to put a playoff team type product on the field.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm fine with spending money and bring top talent in. The Yankees spent all the money in the world and yes they may have only won 1 title but it got them to the post season every year. I want that type of ownership that's willing to spend to put a playoff team type product on the field.

The Yankees are a little different now than during Steinbrenner's run. They are having sustained success now because they have developed young talent, which is something Seattle has never done because they trade them. Buying talent is fine but I want them to commit to their developmental department which they haven't done since Woody. It is better to watch guys and invest in them IMO than buy guys. Looked how beloved guys like Jeter, Chipper Jones and Cal Ripken are. Never were they the most talented player on their team but are beloved, much like how Edgar is so beloved but he was never once the top guy in organization.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are a little different now than during Steinbrenner's run. They are having sustained success now because they have developed young talent, which is something Seattle has never done because they trade them. Buying talent is fine but I want them to commit to their developmental department which they haven't done since Woody. It is better to watch guys and invest in them IMO than buy guys. Looked how beloved guys like Jeter, Chipper Jones and Cal Ripken are. Never were they the most talented player on their team but are beloved, much like how Edgar is so beloved but he was never once the top guy in organization.

Yea its all about the minor league system. Spending is great but if you don't spend wisely it doesn't matter. The Mariners spent nearly $84 mil this year on Felix, Cano, Seagar, Gordon, Scrabble and Nicasio and got a whopping 5 WAR out of that. Would have been more $ if Cano didn't get the suspension. A's spent half that money on their entire team. Draft and Develop, this team is going no where until that happens.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with what you're saying. I too want the farm to get developed and hope these new scouts that are on board know what they're doing so Dipoto can acutally put together a solid draft with his top picks.