• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

possible bad news for Donald fans

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an odd mock today, so even if it is against the grain, kinda makes sense knowing Zimmer.

8. Vikings - Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Mike Zimmer's new Geno Atkins. Although this match may seem surprising because it probably doesn't appear often in other mock drafts, we don't know how Minnesota's new defensive-minded coach feels about Sharrif Floyd, and Zimmer's units have always functioned at their maximum with deep rotations of explosive pass rushers. Donald is the type of all-out-effort player Zimmer loves. The Vikings were very involved on Henry Melton during free agency -- even after signing Linval Joseph -- strongly suggesting they believe the interior defensive line remains a weakness.

He may not be around at 16.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an odd mock today, so even if it is against the grain, kinda makes sense knowing Zimmer.

Mike Zimmer's new Geno Atkins. Although this match may seem surprising because it probably doesn't appear often in other mock drafts, we don't know how Minnesota's new defensive-minded coach feels about Sharrif Floyd, and Zimmer's units have always functioned at their maximum with deep rotations of explosive pass rushers. Donald is the type of all-out-effort player Zimmer loves. The Vikings were very involved on Henry Melton during free agency -- even after signing Linval Joseph -- strongly suggesting they believe the interior defensive line remains a weakness.

I don't there's any chance he gets to 16

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the paid talking head and analyst this draft seems to be taking a weird shift; it's possible that all 3 of the top qb's might take a slide to the mid and late first round. We know that teams reach more for qb's than any other position so if the Kiper's and Mayocks of the world or accurate (which they hardly ever are) Schmoopy the scenario you lay out is spot on (The Vikes might made that move regardless because of Zimmer). Even most of the every day sports analyst don't believe any of the qb's should go early now this is a complete 180 from even 2 weeks ago. I know it's a lot of smoke and mirrors but if this truly happens get ready for an odd draft and as a Cowboy's fan I hope none of these qb's fall to us especially Johhny Football (even though I like Him). Can Jerry resist it...doubt it. Hopefully our qb comes out of next years draft. If Donald is gone than Pryor Jernigan or a CB should be our pick. I know it's not a need but I would be happy with Evans 16 to.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the paid talking head and analyst this draft seems to be taking a weird shift; it's possible that all 3 of the top qb's might take a slide to the mid and late first round. We know that teams reach more for qb's than any other position so if the Kiper's and Mayocks of the world or accurate (which they hardly ever are) Schmoopy the scenario you lay out is spot on (The Vikes might made that move regardless because of Zimmer). Even most of the every day sports analyst don't believe any of the qb's should go early now this is a complete 180 from even 2 weeks ago. I know it's a lot of smoke and mirrors but if this truly happens get ready for an odd draft and as a Cowboy's fan I hope none of these qb's fall to us especially Johhny Football (even though I like Him). Can Jerry resist it...doubt it. Hopefully our qb comes out of next years draft. If Donald is gone than Pryor Jernigan or a CB should be our pick. I know it's not a need but I would be happy with Evans 16 to.

If Jerry took Manziel at 16, I think this board may literally explode....

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manzeil comes to the Cowboys I think he bust's. It will be too much of a Circus for him to handle.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manzeil comes to the Cowboys I think he bust's. It will be too much of a Circus for him to handle.

Agreed, it would be the worst possible destination for him, IMO. If Jerry wants to go offense, take Evans, Ebron or Zach Martin. No complaints here, even though Defense is a no brainer. Just not Johnny Football

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it would be the worst possible destination for him, IMO. If Jerry wants to go offense, take Evans, Ebron or Zach Martin. No complaints here, even though Defense is a no brainer. Just not Johnny Football

Ebron?? I would rather have a 1st rd QB than TE. Talking about this board exploding...:gaah:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron?? I would rather have a 1st rd QB than TE. Talking about this board exploding...:gaah:

I don't want Ebron either lol, I'm only saying I would even take him over Manziel. And as TE's go, Ebron will end up being just a little better than Escobar IMO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cowboys want Donald they would have to trade up. If Donald is gone the only 4 other difference makers I see that may be available would be Lewan,Shazier,Robey or Martin. We can get a Jernigan clone in the 5th round. I am going to be upset if we take Jernign. There is no way Jerrah would pass on Manziel if he falls

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to Martin. Very impressed with him. Appears to be very smart. I bet he would come in and make an impact like Frederick did. I think he would upgrade the RT position

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mock (GUESS) drafts people. Anyone who now thinks Donald is 100% going before 16 is a _____ .I don't know why I even read Nates nonsense any more.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would almost guarantee he isn't there at 16. I personally don't think the Vikings take him, but there's no way the bears pass him up if he is there.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These mock (GUESS) drafts people. Anyone who now thinks Donald is 100% going before 16 is a _____ .I don't know why I even read Nates nonsense any more.

There are lots of people that think Donald will be gone before 16. He happens to be the best DT prospect in the draft when it comes to rushing the passer. It is now up to us to mock a legit replacement. I got Shazier,Lewan,Martin and even Evans as mid 1st rounders. Imagine defenses trying to cover Bryant,Evans and Williams? Evans can be covered and he will still go up over any corner to get the ball

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would almost guarantee he isn't there at 16. I personally don't think the Vikings take him, but there's no way the bears pass him up if he is there.

Never say never in sports. You have a lot of other needs and until you know the truth about how your team sees his value (maybe they just don't like him that much, or love someone else) it's really just a guess. I'd say it's likely he is gone, but I didn't expect Floyd to be there at #16 last year and he kept falling even further.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team takes a step backwards if it bypasses better players just to draft a DT or end based on need. There are no elite safties,defensive lineman available at 16.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mock definitely went a different direction. A lot of guy we all consider 1st rounders went in the 2nd round.

Except for about 4 or so players, this draft is pretty unpredictable. It can actually go in a # of directions.

We took Martin in the 1st in this draft with ideas of moving him to guard (something about short arms) & Ealy fell all the way to us at 47.

For the Johnny Football fans, he fell to 26 to Clev.

Of course I am pretty sure with some of these players falling would start sending trades around changing any of these mocks.

I think this is gonnna be an interesting draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team takes a step backwards if it bypasses better players just to draft a DT or end based on need. There are no elite safties,defensive lineman available at 16.

The bolded: Totally agree IF that is what they do. Picking for need alone usually gets you an inferior player. The draft is what builds your team for 10 years. You cannot just look at the year one impact. Well, a fan can, but a team cannot unless their GM is a guy like you know who. BUT,,,why can't the best player be a DT or DE? Jsut because we take one doesn't mean it was a reach based on how our scouts have graded the guys.

The underlined: Completely disagree with the notion that there are no DL or Safeties worthy of that pick. Even if you want to assume they all go before we pick, then it just pushes down a different player who likely should have gone higher. Only 15 guys can go before us. Assuming a couple QBs go I think we have a lot of talent to choose from. I would say there are easily 16 guys I like in the first round and that is ignoring QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mock definitely went a different direction. A lot of guy we all consider 1st rounders went in the 2nd round.

Except for about 4 or so players, this draft is pretty unpredictable. It can actually go in a # of directions.

We took Martin in the 1st in this draft with ideas of moving him to guard (something about short arms) & Ealy fell all the way to us at 47.

For the Johnny Football fans, he fell to 26 to Clev.

Of course I am pretty sure with some of these players falling would start sending trades around changing any of these mocks.

I think this is gonnna be an interesting draft.

I see a lot of Martin talk. I don't expect him being the best player on the board for us at #16. I have been saying all along I'd love Lewan and I wouldn't be disappointed with Martin, but I have a feeling there will be guys I like better there when it is our turn. I'm not so sure that if they draft him it's a guarantee that they would move him to Guard. They may start him at RT. I guess the most likely scenario for 2014 would be to keep Free at RT and start Martin at RG. Free is probably gone after this year, so we culd put Martin at T then if need be.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of Martin talk. I don't expect him being the best player on the board for us at #16. I have been saying all along I'd love Lewan and I wouldn't be disappointed with Martin, but I have a feeling there will be guys I like better there when it is our turn. I'm not so sure that if they draft him it's a guarantee that they would move him to Guard. They may start him at RT. I guess the most likely scenario for 2014 would be to keep Free at RT and start Martin at RG. Free is probably gone after this year, so we culd put Martin at T then if need be.
Well I am just saying what the comments being made said something to the effect of they didnt think he would be as good of a OT since he has short arms, & figured he will be moved inside to guard.

Like I said I see a lot of trades blowing up all these mocks & being completely different.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of people that think Donald will be gone before 16. He happens to be the best DT prospect in the draft when it comes to rushing the passer. It is now up to us to mock a legit replacement. I got Shazier,Lewan,Martin and even Evans as mid 1st rounders. Imagine defenses trying to cover Bryant,Evans and Williams? Evans can be covered and he will still go up over any corner to get the ball

Who says he's the best prospect? The mock Draft sites you read? 2 months ago he was rated the 4th best DT behind Nix, Jernigan and Hageman by those same sites. I still see him there. Think about it. People on this site didn't want to use our 2nd on Donald and now they want to trade up in the 1st for him? Screw that. I'll take an OLmen or Ealy in the first then DT or S in the second before I trade up for Donald m