• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

for those wanting floyd

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is Warford was available. Imagine a line with Smith Frederick and Warford

Warford was a Pro Bowler and a dominant run blocker. Adding him to Smith, who is a great player. and Fredrick, who I think will be a Pro Bowler in a couple of years, would have been something. Add in Leary who has potential, and we'd have a heck of a line for sure

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to say Floyd would be as good as Atkins, only that Zimmer will elevate his game

Or Zimmer may say Floyd isn't made for his defense. Truth is we don't know what Floyd becomes under Zimmer Those"Will happen" comments belong with the "Never wills".

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Zimmer may say Floyd isn't made for his defense. Truth is we don't know what Floyd becomes under Zimmer Those"Will happen" comments belong with the "Never wills".

You give your opinion, sometimes it's right, sometimes it's not. I bet Floyd becomes a heck of a player under Zimmer. We'll see

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted warford in the 1st round. Warford dominated everyone in front of him in a tough conference. I was livid when we passed on him and took escobar. Never understood the hype surrounding Floyd

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference between think and will. See neither you nor I KNOW what WILL happen

No Shit Manster. I said I bet he will. I didn't say it's a 100% guarantee he will be better than Jerome Brown or Randy White

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this is yours don't know if Frederick would be there in the 2nd. You think he would. Knowing what you know now would you rather have Floyd over Frederick. I was upset with the trade for two reasons. 1. The value we got in return. 2. Warford was available. I wanted an OLman over all others. Didn't want Floyd period and thought Reid was a reach. (I can admit he wasn't). Wasn't to happy at first with the Frederick pick either because Warford was still there. After some quick reading I was satisfied with Frederick. Really flew off the handle when Escobar was called with Warford still on the board.

No doubt. I've never said otherwise and that's been my exact point on the topic all along when I read people here talking about "the 3 teams that were about to draft Frederick" and how he WOULDN'T be there in the 2nd. No one knows if he would have been there in the 2nd (or even the 3rd) or not. My opinion is that it was a lot more likely that he would, than he wouldn't. But I never spoke with any NFL GMs about it. We don't know what would actually happen.

On Floyd, I never gave him a thought until he started to drop and would have grabbed him or safety at #18 (was it 18?) if it were up to me because I felt we needed DL help. I was OK with passing on him until I read our scouts had him as the top ranked defensive player in the draft and that they were pissed we passed on him because of his lack of a "quick twitch". I've never been pissed about not taking him and never said he'd be a great NFL player because I would have rather we took Reid. Actually I've never really commented on what type of player I think he will be. This issue raised a red flag for me bigger than taking or not taking Floyd. Who is making the decisions and where is the communication? No GM in the league has to do what his scouts say, but it seemed that there were no discussions and the decisions were being made on the fly in the room that day after people spent months on the players. This could make sense because no one expected him to be there. We also heard the detailed description about the trade down. There was an article about the lengthy meeting on what we would and wouldn't accept for the pick just that morning (or the day before) and neither Jerry nor Stephen were there for it (I think they flew to a funeral or something). Yet when it came time for the actual trade there were two guys high fiving and a room full of guys that felt we just fucked up and our HC was clearly one of them based on his expression.

So my point all along was how we fucked up those decisions royally and thank God we ended up with Frederick because he has masked how we horribly we screwed up that day. That trade is also the reason I question the idea of trading down this year. The less Jerry has to think, the better and while he may let others make decisions on players, you can be darn sure he'll put himself ion the middle of any trade talk.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I've never said otherwise and that's been my exact point on the topic all along when I read people here talking about "the 3 teams that were about to draft Frederick" and how he WOULDN'T be there in the 2nd. No one knows if he would have been there in the 2nd (or even the 3rd) or not. My opinion is that it was a lot more likely that he would, than he wouldn't. But I never spoke with any NFL GMs about it. We don't know what would actually happen.

On Floyd, I never gave him a thought until he started to drop and would have grabbed him or safety at #18 (was it 18?) if it were up to me because I felt we needed DL help. I was OK with passing on him until I read our scouts had him as the top ranked defensive player in the draft and that they were pissed we passed on him because of his lack of a "quick twitch". I've never been pissed about not taking him and never said he'd be a great NFL player because I would have rather we took Reid. Actually I've never really commented on what type of player I think he will be. This issue raised a red flag for me bigger than taking or not taking Floyd. Who is making the decisions and where is the communication? No GM in the league has to do what his scouts say, but it seemed that there were no discussions and the decisions were being made on the fly in the room that day after people spent months on the players. This could make sense because no one expected him to be there. We also heard the detailed description about the trade down. There was an article about the lengthy meeting on what we would and wouldn't accept for the pick just that morning (or the day before) and neither Jerry nor Stephen were there for it (I think they flew to a funeral or something). Yet when it came time for the actual trade there were two guys high fiving and a room full of guys that felt we just fucked up and our HC was clearly one of them based on his expression.

So my point all along was how we fucked up those decisions royally and thank God we ended up with Frederick because he has masked how we horribly we screwed up that day. That trade is also the reason I question the idea of trading down this year. The less Jerry has to think, the better and while he may let others make decisions on players, you can be darn sure he'll put himself ion the middle of any trade talk.

:agree:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can easily agree we got lucky with Frederick and the process we took to get him was fucked up. I swear I almost lost my TV that draft. I eill also agree we don't know if those claiming we could have grabbed him in the 2nd are wrong. In hindsight I'd rather have Reid and Frederick. We'll never know if it would have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can easily agree we got lucky with Frederick and the process we took to get him was fucked up. I swear I almost lost my TV that draft. I eill also agree we don't know if those claiming we could have grabbed him in the 2nd are wrong. In hindsight I'd rather have Reid and Frederick. We'll never know if it would have happened.

Imagine if we took Escobar in the first and then Frederick was taken by someone else and we made some other crazy move? We'd still need a Center on top of all of our other needs!!! At least we'd probably have a top 10 pick...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if we took Escobar in the first and then Frederick was taken by someone else and we made some other crazy move? We'd still need a Center on top of all of our other needs!!! At least we'd probably have a top 10 pick...

LOL. Had we taken Escobar in the 1st I would have needed a new TV. At the very least I would not have watched rounds 2 through 7. I guess we csn always count our blessings.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Escobar in the first would have made the folks over at Best Buy or Fry's electronics really happy with me. And my computer keyboard would have said uncle after about an hour.

Frye's Troll type responses would have been epic to say the least

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Escobar in the first would have made the folks over at Best Buy or Fry's electronics really happy with me. And my computer keyboard would have said uncle after about an hour.

Frye's Troll type responses would have been epic to say the least

Fryes responses would have been worth the price of admission. That's for sure.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Had we taken Escobar in the 1st I would have needed a new TV. At the very least I would not have watched rounds 2 through 7. I guess we csn always count our blessings.

We would be like the Jet fans from my favorite (I think I post it a couple of times per year) draft day videos. My favorite ones are when Rozelle says "Quarterback...." and waits a few seconds before saying Ken O'Brien because he knows all the Jet fans wanted Marino!!! and then Kyle Brady over Sapp.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98]NY Jets Draft Blunders - YouTube[/ame]

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would be like the Jet fans from my favorite (I think I post it a couple of times per year) draft day videos. My favorite ones are when Rozelle says "Quarterback...." and waits a few seconds before saying Ken O'Brien because he knows all the Jet fans wanted Marino!!! and then Kyle Brady over Sapp.

NY Jets Draft Blunders - YouTube

I remember the uproar when McNabb was called. That was classic.