• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible 7th round safety

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Orton audibled out of running plays too. I'm not saying Romo doesn't audible to the pass but evidence suggest the plays being sent in are a high percentage of passes.

Trust me this has been hashed out many times and yes us Romo lover's agree Romo has his share of blame to shoulder, but not nearly the amount of blame some of the media mice throw on him.

No question the play calling is lopsided towards the pass, but to audible into passing plays when the game is won, was at the very least stupid.

I'm a fan of the Cowboys, I'm a fan of Romo, too. But I'm a realist too. I don't agree with all the media slant on Romo, but a good bit of the criticism is well deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took historical defenses to get those two QBs rings. I think better secondary play coupled with a pass rush can elevate this team to the playoffs. It will take a stronger, more dedicated approach to running the ball to get a championship.

No question, I agree whole heartedly.

That's why I am all for Defense, Defense, Defense in the draft

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly said it SEEMED selfish. I stopped short of calling him selfish. But if Romo is calling his own number when the game is all but wrapped up, which eventually cost the team a big win, then yea it seems a little selfish.

No question the play calling is lopsided towards the pass, but to audible into passing plays when the game is won, was at the very least stupid.

I'm a fan of the Cowboys, I'm a fan of Romo, too. But I'm a realist too. I don't agree with all the media slant on Romo, but a good bit of the criticism is well deserved.

Are you 100% sure pass plays were not called? Let's for the sake of argument running plays were called in the 2011Detroit game. Any other coach would have gone ballistic had Romo ignored the call and continued to throw the ball, Garrett didn't go nuts on the 1st int or the 2nd. He didn't go nuts in the GB game either. So either Garret is so emotionally balanced or he was calling pass plays. Orton threw a higher % of pass plays than Romo had in the GB game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question, I agree whole heartedly.

That's why I am all for Defense, Defense, Defense in the draft

So if the best defensive player is rated 5 or 6 spots lower and you have great value at OL you reach for defense?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you 100% sure pass plays were not called? Let's for the sake of argument running plays were called in the 2011Detroit game. Any other coach would have gone ballistic had Romo ignored the call and continued to throw the ball, Garrett didn't go nuts on the 1st int or the 2nd. He didn't go nuts in the GB game either. So either Garret is so emotionally balanced or he was calling pass plays. Orton threw a higher % of pass plays than Romo had in the GB game.

Garrett's comments after the Green Bay game were very telling. He directly stated Romo changed a called run in a situation the team had absolutely no business passing the ball in. Demarco Murray was, if I recall, very angry with Romo the following days/week. The media went so far as to report there was a rift in their relationship. Why would there be tension between these two after that game, if it was in fact Garrett calling the pass? Maybe because Murray knew what plays were being called, and was unhappy with Romo changing them?

Of course I can not possibly know what was going on, considering I am not on the sideline next to Garrett or in the huddle on the field. Just my (un)educated guess.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the best defensive player is rated 5 or 6 spots lower and you have great value at OL you reach for defense?

If his name is Haha Clinton-DIx, Aaron Donald, or Anthony Barr, and even Ryan Shazier - under the right circumstances - then I say yes. You absolutely do it.

Is it the offense holding this team back? Or the defense?

I am normally all for BPA. But Dallas' defense is in dire straights, it has to be addressed.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his name is Haha Clinton-DIx, Aaron Donald, or Anthony Barr, and even Ryan Shazier - under the right circumstances - then I say yes. You absolutely do it.

Is it the offense holding this team back? Or the defense?

I am normally all for BPA. But Dallas' defense is in dire straights, it has to be addressed.

With the exception of Shazier and IMO Donald there is absolutely no way the players you mentioned will have 5 unneeded players in front of them when Dallas drafts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. We all criticize Jerry for thinking we are a player away and most here want to go defense or even a particular position on defense regardless of whether or not the talent suggests it's the wise move. It's short sighted. Your draft builds your team for ten years, not week one of the following season. Luckily in this case I think there will be a few great players sitting there at #16 on the defensive side of the ball and the two theories should somewhat intersect and hopefully we do go defense. Which is kind of the way I approach it. If you have two guys similar you take the need. If you have a guy like Lewan well above a defensive guy, you take the BPA without a second thought or you trade the pick. If the BPA is a position where there is no need whatsoever then he better be a future All Pro for you to take him. Picture a graph with BPA on one axis and need on the other. IMO you take the guy that comes in at the highest point of the two.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always a little curious to hear why people think Dallas needs a speedster at WR?

Romo throws a horrible deep ball! How many times have we all watched him under throw Dez on the deep stuff, when Dez is 5+ yards behind the defense? There were probably at least 3 sure fire TD's Romo missed to Dez last year because the ball was under thrown. When Romo proves he can hit our guys in stride first, then maybe I would be a little more pressed for a burner at WR. Besides, Williams is plenty capable of getting behind the defense. Romo missed him a few times last year also.

Romo did not have the same zip on the ball last year. I think he had back issues all season. A guy like Cooks would be a nightmare for opposing defenses to deal with.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo did not have the same zip on the ball last year. I think he had back issues all season. A guy like Cooks would be a nightmare for opposing defenses to deal with.

Romo has never been known for a good deep ball, even when he was in his 20's. Sorry, still not sold on the need for a speedster.