• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible 7th round safety

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound as if you want a QB 1st round

I want a first round Safety. Been saying it for months.

Romo is a decent/good QB. But let's not give him too much credit. This guy has never won anything of importance.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is a decent/good QB. But let's not give him too much credit. This guy has never won anything of importance.

True, but neither have any of his team mates

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a first round Safety. Been saying it for months.

That Walter Payton Award was pretty damn special IMO. LOL

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but neither have any of his team mates

No argument there. We all know what the root cause is. It's not Tony Romo. But again, let's not give Romo too much credit. He hasn't earned it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going to get started today. I have vowed to turn the other cheek.:rollseyes:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going to get started today. I have vowed to turn the other cheek.:rollseyes:

Please, don't get started. You don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, don't get started. You don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

I do :yahoo:

His fucking team has folded up on him every big game... Does this let Romo off the hook? No .... Watch the Vikes game though .... no running game... defense was on vacation.

Alot of romo's mistakes ( and great plays) come from the TEAM not holding up and him having to force the ball.
Is he Tom Brady? No .... Is he good enough .... Hell yeah.

People that look at and blame Romo ..... ALL looking in the wrong direction...... I don't care who our QB is .... rest of the team folds up like they have on Romo .... Even the great ones lose

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do :yahoo:

His fucking team has folded up on him every big game... Does this let Romo off the hook? No .... Watch the Vikes game though .... no running game... defense was on vacation.

Alot of romo's mistakes ( and great plays) come from the TEAM not holding up and him having to force the ball.
Is he Tom Brady? No .... Is he good enough .... Hell yeah.

People that look at and blame Romo ..... ALL looking in the wrong direction...... I don't care who our QB is .... rest of the team folds up like they have on Romo .... Even the great ones lose

I'm not saying he is a bad QB. I think he is decent and could win with a good defense behind him.

But if the Green Bay game taught us anything, Romo has a propensity to try and do too much. It's in these situations that a lot of the time the team "folds" up on him.

I just have a real hard time with someone calling Romo a genius at the QB position. He has proven to be anything but that.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he is a bad QB. I think he is decent and could win with a good defense behind him.

But if the Green Bay game taught us anything, Romo has a propensity to try and do too much. It's in these situations that a lot of the time the team "folds" up on him.

I just have a real hard time with someone calling Romo a genius at the QB position. He has proven to be anything but that.

Got ya

My thing with Romo is ... I think he is GOOD ENOUGH

I dont think he is Elway or Montana .... and I think that is the problem .... Has the world on his shoulders .... and gets blamed when it tumbles

When Elway won He didnt win it ... the defense and running game did .... Imma stop before I get accused of ball washing him ..... but to me it is what it is Put a running game and defense with Romo .... I think he could very well carry you to the promise land

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense last year trying to hold a lead, made me cringe. They had to set the NFL record for giving up the most and longest third down coversions in NFL history . I have never nor hope I ever witness a defense like that again in my life time. They did not help Romo out at all!!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got ya

M but to me it is what it is Put a running game and defense with Romo .... I think he could very well carry you to the promise land

So could Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, with good defense and running game behind them. They proved it too.

My point I guess is, in between the 20's on the field, Romo is a solid QB. But I don't see him as special.

And I absolutely hate when Jerry goes out of his way to hype Romo up as such.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the 20s. You say he doesnt throw the deep ball , but he throws 30 TD passes a year. He makes a lot of those throws inside the 20.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the 20s. You say he doesnt throw the deep ball , but he throws 30 TD passes a year. He makes a lot of those throws inside the 20.

Try and look past the stats for a minute. Romo is not a great QB. I don't care that he is a top 5 all time rated passer - so is Phillip Rivers.

Romo is good, but this all started with me saying let's not give Romo too much credit. I wasn't bashing him. But I'm not in love with his empty stats either.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul must have a lot of empty stats as well. Just bringing him up because he is on the tube right now

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul must have a lot of empty stats as well. Just bringing him up because he is on the tube right now

I guess growing up a Cowboys fan in the 90's has jaded me.

I associate being great with winning at high levels. And maybe Tony Romo hasn't had as many chances to win at high levels as we would like, do to the weakness of the team around him. But the teams record in so called "elimination" games is horrible with Romo at QB. And Tony Romo personally had a huge hand in costing the team in missing the playoffs last year. The Green Bay game was on Romo. His decision making was so bad in that game it almost seemed selfish. And to me it raises the question of how many times has this happened before? Did it happen in the Detroit game? We could have ran that game out, but didn't! I don't think Green Bay was the first time this happened, I don't think Garrett would have thrown Romo under the bus the way he did if it was the first time it ever happened.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo selfish??? ha. You can call him non genius but selfish is way off.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo selfish??? ha. You can call him non genius but selfish is way off.

I clearly said it SEEMED selfish. I stopped short of calling him selfish. But if Romo is calling his own number when the game is all but wrapped up, which eventually cost the team a big win, then yea it seems a little selfish.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly said it SEEMED selfish. I stopped short of calling him selfish. But if Romo is calling his own number when the game is all but wrapped up, which eventually cost the team a big win, then yea it seems a little selfish.

I guess Orton audibled out of running plays too. I'm not saying Romo doesn't audible to the pass but evidence suggest the plays being sent in are a high percentage of passes.

Trust me this has been hashed out many times and yes us Romo lover's agree Romo has his share of blame to shoulder, but not nearly the amount of blame some of the media mice throw on him.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So could Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, with good defense and running game behind them. They proved it too.

My point I guess is, in between the 20's on the field, Romo is a solid QB. But I don't see him as special.

And I absolutely hate when Jerry goes out of his way to hype Romo up as such.

It took historical defenses to get those two QBs rings. I think better secondary play coupled with a pass rush can elevate this team to the playoffs. It will take a stronger, more dedicated approach to running the ball to get a championship.